Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

Students should be able to line up and get tickets in advance, either the day of or a day or two in advance.  You can still reward thise willing to stand in line while allowing them to enjoy the game day atmosphere.  If we want a rowdy student section, we should allow them to participate in pre-game activities that encourage rowdiness. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Students should be able to line up and get tickets in advance, either the day of or a day or two in advance.  You can still reward thise willing to stand in line while allowing them to enjoy the game day atmosphere.  If we want a rowdy student section, we should allow them to participate in pre-game activities that encourage rowdiness. 

I think that would be contradictory to the plan
  • Like 1

Speaking of LHN, are they going to have a show on our Nobel Prize winning alum?

https://news.utexas.edu/2018/10/01/ut-austin-alum-james-allison-awarded-nobel-prize

I don't remember one for last year's winner Michael Young. As much as I love watching replays of old wins, we need to use the network for some academic good while it still exists.

• Like 9

On 10/14/2018 at 11:15 AM, utee94 said:

Hadn't thought about how the new student seating policy would prohibit them from other fesitivities.  That's definitely a bummer, but I'm not sure how to fix it.  Maybe offer some sort of attraction where the students are lining up?

Pay the homeless to hold your place in line for the student section while you go to Bevo Blvd.  It's a win-win.  

2 hours ago, po elvis said:

Not sure there is value in getting your seats that early for a student. It isn't like you will get remarkably better seats early than you will late. Is she saying front row are great seats?

I don’t think you understand how open seating works. A line forms, the first students in line will get the best seats. I consistently get to games about 15 minutes before kickoff and sit towards the top of the student section, down by the 10 yard line. That’s the tradeoff for tailgating as long as I can.

2 minutes ago, dilloncp98 said:

I don’t think you understand how open seating works. A line forms, the first students in line will get the best seats. I consistently get to games about 15 minutes before kickoff and sit towards the top of the student section, down by the 10 yard line. That’s the tradeoff for tailgating as long as I can.

that is what i mean. the top of the student section at the 10 yard line is not so much worse than the best seats to get there 3 or 4 hours early.

9 minutes ago, po elvis said:

that is what i mean. the top of the student section at the 10 yard line is not so much worse than the best seats to get there 3 or 4 hours early.

I understand that argument then. I could either show up early and wait 4 hours in the sun painfully sober. Or watch the early games and have extra drinking time and accept the marginally worse seats.

21 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Speaking of LHN, are they going to have a show on our Nobel Prize winning alum?

https://news.utexas.edu/2018/10/01/ut-austin-alum-james-allison-awarded-nobel-prize

I don't remember one for last year's winner Michael Young. As much as I love watching replays of old wins, we need to use the network for some academic good and to air high school games and otherwise maximize its effectiveness as a recruiting tool while it still exists.

amended. 

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV TICKETS
Sat, 10/27
@OKSTOKST
7:00 PM

2,110 tickets as low as $60 
Sat, 11/3
vsWVU13 WVU
TBD   3,934 tickets as low as $6 
Sat, 11/10
@TTUTTU
TBD   1,556 tickets as low as $83 
Sat, 11/17
vsISUISU
7:00 PM

3,918 tickets as low as $3 
Fri, 11/23
@KUKU
11:00 AM
FS1
1,357 tickets as low as $7 

Hopefully sellout West Va and Iowa State home games.  Looks like all the Road games might be sellouts.....

Edited by LTtxfan

18 hours ago, dilloncp98 said:

I understand that argument then. I could either show up early and wait 4 hours in the sun painfully sober. Or watch the early games and have extra drinking time and accept the marginally worse seats.

I hope you don’t really believe that you have to be sober while in line. 

Sidebar:  in 1998 the student draw line for the aggy game to see Ricky break the record went out of Belmont and all the way up the west side upper deck ramps. 

I think Mack ended up buying pizza for the poor schmoes. 

I had my student season ticket, so none of that bullshit for me. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Kind of off the subject, but I miss camping out for OU tickets.  sometimes I wish that they would make the alumni camp out to get OU tickets.

Surly 1% - I pay too much for season tickets to camp out - Surly 1% - I will just take mine in the mail thank you.

Is it just me, or does our athletic department seem to be rounding into shape since del conte has been at the rudder?  He didn’t hire herman or pierce, but look at what baseball did and football is doing, and his coaching hires are making hay so far, the dkr experience improved, and the department doesn’t appear to be fighting amongst itself.  All since he showed up. 

I see del Conte is getting an early jump on Movember.  Can't say I like the fact he showed up to a barber shop in a fucking vest.  But I'll allow it since our olympic sports are doing fantastic across the board.  And yes, Redding's hands are fucking enormous.  I can comfortably palm a basketball, and once shook his hand and it wrapped all the way around mine and overlapped by an inch or two.