Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

6 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

They can do what they like on the east side for all I care.

"They can do what they like" more like... they should stand for every fucking play unless it's a blowout. 

If your 20 year old legs hurt you aren't drunk enough. 

Edited by ztejas

Just now, Armybrat said:

I drink sitting down and piss standing up.

I do the opposite, but I'm like 1/20th your age. Bathroom is damn near my only time to relax daily, so I sit for comfort while I take a few breaths.  My drinking is usually for camaraderie, which usually involves me standing, especially at tailgate/games.

Just now, Armybrat said:

Only aggy is obsessed with standing up the whole game.

Only olds get mad at the standers

2 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Just don’t do it in front of me when there is nothing exciting going on.

If there is nothing exciting going on then you are not missing anything (jk). I don't season tickets so I buy randoms, which may put me in front of an older crowd. I don't advocate standing the whole game but if the game action dictates I stand, I will do it in front of just about anyone. I also know the meaning of respect and would never purposely disrespect an old fart like yourself. I believe we are in agreement, but our age difference says we have to argue on the subject despite the fact

18 minutes ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Gotta give CDC props.  The amount of whiny (and frankly rude) people that he takes the time to respond to on Twitter is astounding.  I couldn't do it.

I've been hesitant to say anything, but I keep seeing this sentiment and while I agree that *they* are doing a great job, that's who it is. It's a social media working in conjunction with CDC to make his Twitter work look great while he also does his job. I'd be blown away otherwise. That's not to say he's not writing many of his own tweets. 

31 minutes ago, FriendofaFriend said:

If there is nothing exciting going on then you are not missing anything (jk). I don't season tickets so I buy randoms, which may put me in front of an older crowd. I don't advocate standing the whole game but if the game action dictates I stand, I will do it in front of just about anyone. I also know the meaning of respect and would never purposely disrespect an old fart like yourself. I believe we are in agreement, but our age difference says we have to argue on the subject despite the fact

No offense taken.

When the action dictates it, I'm standing and cheering like everybody else. But like I said standing the whole game is a recent thing. We used to make fun of aggy for yelling at their fellow turds to stand up all the time. Don't know when all that changed.

As for the young ones on the east side who think they are hot shit now, someday they will most likely eat their words when their balls are sagging in the terlet water like any other old fart. lol

At least I'm at the games showing as much support as I can, unlike half the younger crowd in our section with their faces stuck in their gottdam cellphones.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Pretty close, and I didn't have heart disease, arthritis, scoliosis, and deep vein thrombosis then. Only had an overworked liver from the alcohol.

Enjoy your seats on the West side and may God have mercy on all of our livers. 

Didn't mean to offend - just firmly believe that the lower East side needs to be up and making noise all game. And ESPECIALLY the student section. 

Upper deck East... eh, who gives a shit. 

17 minutes ago, Xian said:

We stood most of the game as a student back In ‘03-07

I'm thinking it changed during the Mack Brown years for a variety of reasons.   In the early 80's we (the Greeks) pretty much got a date for every game because there would be a pre- or post-game party at the frat house and everyone, especially the pledges, had a date.  You got a group of 2-4 friends and you gathered everyone's (including your date's) UT id and took them to Bellmont to draw your tickets--OU was a different process.  So on the east side (100% students back then with no upper deck) it was a bunch of people in groups of 4-8 people including dates watching the game, but also socializing.  It was like a cocktail party up in the stands with a game down below on the field.  Many of the non-Greeks would be in groups of 4-8 friends watching the game.  Of course, you'd stand up for big plays and at key times, but you mostly sat.  Dating stopped being such a thing around the Mack Brown years (I could be off a few years) and people started going to games in larger groups.  Standing in a large group makes more sense irrespective of what is happening on the field. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

God forbid anyone stands for the majority of a football game. 

Fucking old folks home in here sometimes. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

You might be better suited watching the game at home.

Maybe someday you'll be fortunate enough to be old.  If you are, should you not be allowed to enjoy attending a game?

35 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Standing vs Sitting is simple

If the section organically stands, great!

If the section sits, then sit.

The section decides, not the individual.

This, this is dumb. The game action decides, not the people.  It's not like when you are buying single game tickets you get to decide what people you sit next to. You go to the game because it is an event, not a movie. Get off your ass and make some noise if that is what the game needs. If you want to sit regardless of what is going on on the field, get the hell out of the stadium or upgrade to a suite. Also, if you want to stand the whole time regardless of what is happening on the field, go to Aggy or enroll at UT so you can get tickets in the student section where you can stand as much as you want

• Like 2

This, this is dumb. The game action decides, not the people.  It's not like when you are buying single game tickets you get to decide what people you sit next to. You go to the game because it is an event, not a movie. Get off your ass and make some noise if that is what the game needs. If you want to sit regardless of what is going on on the field, get the hell out of the stadium or upgrade to a suite. Also, if you want to stand the whole time regardless of what is happening on the field, go to Aggy or enroll at UT so you can get tickets in the student section where you can stand as much as you want

I’m talking about the stand the whole game no matter what crowd. Even the game action is an organic, social movement rather than a conscious decision most of the time. You get pumped, you stand. You probably barely think about it, and if you do, you’re probably not enjoying the game.

When I was upperdeck we had several stand the whole time guys. They stood by themselves. It’s stupid and pointless. They usually just sat down because they felt self-conscious.

The closest thing to making conscious decision are the front row people behind the players and cameras. When I was row 2, you had to consider what to do to watch the game.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

I stand up when the folks in front of me stand up...or on 3rd down for our defense, or a great play, or a home TD, etc.  The norm, I'd say.  I don't have any interest standing for the whole game....I'm no aggy.

That's about how it works when I attend games, get up for the big plays...

When I first graduated just a few years ago, I had my first set of season tickets for a year or 2. There was a much older couple right behind my seats, probably in their 60s or 70s. I was always respectful to them knowing they couldn't be standing the whole time so I never stood unless absolutely necessary to be able to see the field, if everyone in front of me was standing, then I would stand and then sit back down at the next available opportunity. If it was up to me, I'd be standing the whole time but I don't, simply to be respectful of others. But then they started complaining every time I stood up to actually be able to see the game, when if I sat, I couldn't see anything. I changed my season ticket location specifically because of that. I'm all for being respectful to others but I ain't sacrificing my view of the game when the whole damn section is standing and thus your sitting ass wouldn't be able to see it anyway, regardless of what I'm doing. There's a middle ground in all of this. Luckily I have since taken my dad's tickets off his hands and now I'm row 1 so I don't have that problem but unless it's a big major play, I always take a glance behind me before standing to make sure the people behind me are standing as well. But when people complain about the occasional standing, get the hell outta here with that shit, it's a college football game, not a night at the opera.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Maybe there should be a section where no standing is encouraged.  I respect the older folks and their love of Texas football, but asking people not to stand up so they can see is asking too much especially as said above, when the people two rows up are standing.  So I gotta hear the roar of the crowd and imagine what might be going on all the while staring as some dude's ass so that you can see?

Fuck the olds. Stand up and yell the entire time the defense is on the field. Stand up and watch the offense with your friends, put your horns up, and cheer after the big plays. This isn't the NFL. Standing isn't some aggy shit either. Literally everyone does it besides DKR and that's part of why for ages we were called the library as we were the least scary stadium to play in for a long ass time. We've created a real home advantage for the first time in forever and we have room to kick it up another notch.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Fuck the olds. Stand up and yell the entire time the defense is on the field. Stand up and watch the offense with your friends, put your horns up, and cheer after the big plays. This isn't the NFL. Standing isn't some aggy shit either. Literally everyone does it besides DKR and that's part of why for ages we were called the library as we were the least scary stadium to play in for a long ass time. We've created a real home advantage for the first time in forever and we have room to kick it up another notch.

This. They own 'standing' just as much as they own the 'class ring.' That's aggy's MO: taking a simple common concept, and saying they do it better and we just can't understand why. 

Edited by UTEX_ME
  • Like 1

I am glad we stick the opposing band up there.  I am happy if our decision makers in Belmont glean some "assholeishness" from Herman and adapt some of his bunker mentality.

The Mack Brown pc bullshit was never reciprocated and we are treated like shit everywhere we go....fuck everyone else not associated with the team or supporting the team.

We are going to get shit on anyway, might as well actually BE the arrogant ass everyone portrays us as and win with it.

• Like 7