Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 11/17/2018 at 11:59 PM, hayden_horn said:

I met the man briefly before the game. He was genial, took a pic with us, and generally unlike any AD we've ever had. Just a great guy. 

I saw him walking around talking to people inside the stadium before the game. I thought to myself, "In 30 years of going to football, basketball, and baseball games, the only other time I saw an AD was when they were walking to/from their suite."

14 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

does anyone have the original tweet?  looks like it was deleted.

I just went looking for it as well. I think that I saw it last night, but not today. (I wanted to see the gif responses.)

CDC would never recommend this, but I believe that the OLD SCHOOL taxi driver might have a recommendation for Will Read (or is it "Reed"?)...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I just went looking for it as well. I think that I saw it last night, but not today. (I wanted to see the gif responses.)

CDC would never recommend this, but I believe that the OLD SCHOOL taxi driver might have a recommendation for Will Read (or is it "Reed"?)...

lol perfect...fun fact- same guy 

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

does anyone have the original tweet?  looks like it was deleted.

It said something along the lines of "CDC- I couldn't get into the student section because of your dumb policy change. Thanks for ruining my senior year. Enjoy your 3 months in the suites." then said something like "I liked the old regime much better". Yet he actually ended up getting into the game and continued bitching. 

18 hours ago, Machinator said:

I want to express a public “Thank you” to Machinator for the incredible tip he gave to many of us last summer, when he (due to his obsessive monitoring of ALL things Texas Football) learned of the 10 ticket vouchers for $200 deal offered by Texas Sports. I was lucky enough to have seen his post, and grabbed it up, and it was one of the best purchases I’ve made. Due to work and other commitments, I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on season tickets, so this was a perfect solution. Again, thanks for the heads up!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I want to express a public “Thank you” to Machinator for the incredible tip he gave to many of us last summer, when he (due to his obsessive monitoring of ALL things Texas Football) learned of the 10 ticket vouchers for $200 deal offered by Texas Sports. I was lucky enough to have seen his post, and grabbed it up, and it was one of the best purchases I’ve made. Due to work and other commitments, I’m hesitant to pull the trigger on season tickets, so this was a perfect solution. Again, thanks for the heads up!

Now I’m pissed I didn’t see it!

#ignoranceisbliss

del Conte had an awesome blazer on at the game Saturday. 

Is this who Tom Herman was referring to in the postgame press conference when he said "there's a guy back there the third row wearing a $5000 suit who can answer that better than I can" etc.?

* I'm sure I'm misquoting, but I'm pretty sure about the "third row" and "$5000 suit" parts*

3 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Agreed.  I was able to purchase one and used it for USC (2) and Iowa State (3) for my family.  Was well worth it.  Traded the other 5 away for a pair of TX/OU tickets so it ended up being a fantastic deal.  Oh, and my Iowa State tickets were first row upper deck, 50 yard line.  $200 well spent.

3 hours ago, Quasimofo said:

Is this who Tom Herman was referring to in the postgame press conference when he said "there's a guy back there the third row wearing a $5000 suit who can answer that better than I can" etc.?

* I'm sure I'm misquoting, but I'm pretty sure about the "third row" and "$5000 suit" parts*

Yeah, like I’d be caught outside a luxury box in a $5,000 suit.  C’MON!!!

16 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

It was an offer...you couldn't refuse?

• Like 1