Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

33 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I mean...are others not irrationally angry that he’s spending time answering these fucking idiots? I’m trying to picture a CEO of an airlines spending his time on twitter responding to fuckwads. Surely there’s a better use of his limited time.

He needs something to do while he takes a shit. 

For the most part, if it is a stupid tweet he responds by saying he will let the team know about the issue (He doesn't).

If it is a legitimate issue, he will usually tag the person(s) who are in charge of handling the issue.

So if any of you tweet CDC and he responds that the team will be informed, you should feel shame.

Love what del Conte is doing, what an upgrade over Patterson. Really hope they make some changes to the LHN, so much potential that’s been wasted up to this point.

A couple of ideas I would run up the flagpole with him for the network would be putting together a kind of 30 for 30 or hard knocks type program showing a real behind the scenes look at practice and game day both for the season and offseason.

I would hate this program personally but if he wanted to increase viewership you could develop a reality show with real UT students and maybe some athletes about typical life in Austin. That would bring in casual sports fans to start watching the network.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:19 PM, Goodman said:

Here is that interview.

Above is link to a radio interview from earlier last month on "The State of The Program" , CDC's 1st year at Texas.  

In that interview, CDC said  that he's asked the Texas Communications Dept to partner with LHN  to have a lot more current programming about The University of Texas on LHN and that new content will  be developed by Texas Communications Students.

CDC shared that he wants to see LHN to go "from current sports programming followed by  "The History Channel" ..... to current sports programming followed by current programming about The University of Texas. "

CDC ROCKS....🤘

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

Love what del Conte is doing, what an upgrade over Patterson. Really hope they make some changes to the LHN, so much potential that’s been wasted up to this point.

A couple of ideas I would run up the flagpole with him for the network would be putting together a kind of 30 for 30 or hard knocks type program showing a real behind the scenes look at practice and game day both for the season and offseason.

I would hate this program personally but if he wanted to increase viewership you could develop a reality show with real UT students and maybe some athletes about typical life in Austin. That would bring in casual sports fans to start watching the network.

When the LHN first came out, there was a show with the girls swimming team doing hot yoga.  It was nice.

It's hard to find it now, and I can't really do a proper search at work.  But stuff like that, showing the student athlete experience in Austin, would improve ratings, I'm sure. 

12 hours ago, Dewey said:
On 1/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, Alien Octopus said:
They should of worn them in Jerryworld

Ou was the home team and had the choice, they went with the white jerseys and faux wood look.

I could of sworn the Storm Troopers are our away jerseys. If they are home team they should wear their clown suit version of their home jerseys.

Edited by Alien Octopus

At first I thought Rodrigo was talking about me, but I was sitting on the other side of the 50 from him. He forgot to mention that the Georgia fans booed our band when they took the field and booed our team before they took the field. Their fans also talked a lot of shit during the game. 
I didn’t do the SEC or SUC(?) (never heard that there) or overrated chants. I did yell at some of their shit taking fans as they left before the final whistle. Rodrigo sounds like a pussy who should worry about himself.
Our fans were pretty well-behaved. Always are. 
Rodrigo is aggy

3 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 1/3/2019 at 7:50 PM, Tex Pete said:
At first I thought Rodrigo was talking about me, but I was sitting on the other side of the 50 from him. He forgot to mention that the Georgia fans booed our band when they took the field and booed our team before they took the field. Their fans also talked a lot of shit during the game. 
I didn’t do the SEC or SUC(?) (never heard that there) or overrated chants. I did yell at some of their shit taking fans as they left before the final whistle. Rodrigo sounds like a pussy who should worry about himself.
Our fans were pretty well-behaved. Always are. 

Read more  

Rodrigo is aggy

What makes you think he went to NMSU?

On 1/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, Pancho Negro said:

Which one of you is this 

I'd like to see CDC tweet him back a response smoking a cig with that dude's gf laying naked in his bed in the background all Goldfinger style (except maybe painted a real burnt orange)...

goldfinger-bfi-00m-e7v_0.jpg?itok=0v_SNJ

Hey CDC....

Move Shaka to some bullshit role in athletic department where he can help less privileged kids find a way to go to college..... or negotiate a reduced buyout for Shaka if he wants to save face by coaching somewhere else....

You must move on from this bullshit basketball coach. 🤘

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hey CDC....

Move Shaka to some bullshit role in athletic department where he can help less privileged kids find a way to go to college..... or negotiate a reduced buyout for Shaka if he wants to save face by coaching somewhere else....

You must move on from this bullshit basketball coach. 🤘

I can hook you up with a script that will auto post this to every thread

On 1/3/2019 at 8:18 PM, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Someone should fire up an @AngryDelConte handle and respond to these fuckwads. 

Thanks Melinda, I’ll call ESPN and we’ll get that fixed ASAP! #nowmakemeasandwich

This could be Surly’s (first) legacy; like banners from planes or naming Godzillatron. 

Yeah, that was meant in jest.  I think any public-facing parody of his openness and earnestness to the common clay of social media (you know, morons) would be counterproductive to what's turning out to be a pretty special thing.

It's enough to excoriate the twatwaffles on Surly.

3 hours ago, Damor said:

Yeah, that was meant in jest.  I think any public-facing parody of his openness and earnestness to the common clay of social media (you know, morons) would be counterproductive to what's turning out to be a pretty special thing.

It's enough to excoriate the twatwaffles on Surly.

I think there could be some value in a parody account.  You know, from the angle of "this is what CDC would say to these dumbasses if he were not such a nice guy" could be pretty funny.

Bevo Boulevard will now be wrapped around the north side of the stadium as well.  Aside from one lane for critical vehicular traffic, you'll see one seamless party from Bevo Boulevard to Etter-Harbin Alumni Center to Bevo Boulevard again to University of Texas Club Tailgate Tent to Longhorn City Limits/Tailgate Guys area.  Not quite the Grove I envisioned on the East Mall, but a damn sight better.  

Bevo Boulevard will now be wrapped around the north side of the stadium as well.  Aside from one lane for critical vehicular traffic, you'll see one seamless party from Bevo Boulevard to Etter-Harbin Alumni Center to Bevo Boulevard again to University of Texas Club Tailgate Tent to Longhorn City Limits/Tailgate Guys area.  Not quite the Grove I envisioned on the East Mall, but a damn sight better.  
Fuck the Grove.

Go ask your Shaka questions...

TEXAS ATHLETICS TOWN HALL WITH CHRIS DEL CONTE
Thursday, Feb. 7 • 6:30 p.m. 
Lady Bird Johnson Auditorium in the LBJ Library 
2313 Red River St., Austin 78705

The inaugural Texas Athletics Town Hall with Athletics Director Chris Del Conte is a unique public forum for Longhorns to gather as a community to hear updates, plans and visions for the future, as well as a chance for your thoughts to be heard and your questions answered.

To claim your free ticket to this event, visit TexasSports.com/tickets. Tickets are limited based on the size of the auditorium. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Be sure to arrive early to allow adequate time for check-in and seating.

Hook 'em, Horns!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PantsTent said:

The inaugural Texas Athletics Town Hall with Athletics Director Chris Del Conte is a unique public forum for Longhorns to gather as a community to hear updates, plans and visions for the future, as well as a chance for your thoughts to be heard and your questions answered.

To claim your free ticket to this event, visit TexasSports.com/tickets. Tickets are limited based on the size of the auditorium. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Be sure to arrive early to allow adequate time for check-in and seating.

Hook 'em, Horns!

Any chance LHN will broadcast this?

1 hour ago, PantsTent said:

Hook 'em, Horns!

Good luck with that Shaka.

That's what CDC needs to fix.  If I remember, the $219mm revenue is barely tops, but the $217mm expenses is by far the tops.  Without the $10mm to academics maybe it's not that far off, but there's still a lot of wasted money to be fixed I think.  I mean the 2 hype squad salaries couldn't have been that much but it's a start.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

That's what CDC needs to fix.  If I remember, the $219mm revenue is barely tops, but the $217mm expenses is by far the tops.  Without the $10mm to academics maybe it's not that far off, but there's still a lot of wasted money to be fixed I think.  I mean the 2 hype squad salaries couldn't have been that much but it's a start.

Keep in mind there were a number of layoffs last year and he plans on continuing to reduce staff by attrition.  Labor $ will continue to go down.