Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

I think it would a bad look to drop below 100k but if we lose 1000 seats who gives a shit?  CDC said it’d be capacity neutral likely meaning if all the suites are full to capacity it would probably hit 101k.  Current capacity is supposedly 101,119 but we squeezed in 103,507 for USC this year so I’m guessing we’re just going to play with the numbers to try and keep it close to 101k despite losing 1k-2k seats.  That will drive up ticket prices and make the cheaper upper deck seats, which rarely fill to capacity, more desirable.

As far as I’ve seen nobody in section 1 is losing seats and everything getting destroyed is currently student seating which will simply get moved like it has many times over the last decade.  I like the idea of a full double bowl but the demand just isn’t there for upper deck end zone bleacher seats.  What is in demand are suites and club seats and that’s what’s driven this project.  IIRC we’ve already sold 90% of the new suites before we’ve even broke ground, so it’s hard to argue with CDC’s logic.  While the ranked and file fans/alumni aren’t going to benefit from this, they aren’t going to be negatively affected either.  Sounds like this dude on OB just wanted to up the capacity to be higher than aggy which is dumb and pointless because outside of games 2-3 games a year that stadium doesnt fill above 100k, so that shouldn’t be the playbook we’re trying to copy.

On 2/8/2019 at 7:49 PM, TKthunder2 said:

They’ve been talking about making a big state of the art facility for football and basketball with a weigh room overlooking the skyline.  It would be cheaper and easier to tear the rec down with Moncrief and build a larger facility from end to end in the footprint of those two.  Half of the appeal of the rec was the close parking which is gone now with the basketball arena going in.  I agree they would need to build another student gym by I see no reason it has to go where the rec is since that’s only close to SanJac.

Imo they should put a new facility even better than Rec Sports where Anna Hiss is right now.

Jacob Miranda seems like a worthless, mouth-breathing idiot. “A punch line to recruits.” Ok, dipshit. 

As other posters have said, this wont benefit average season ticket holders. What it does benefit is our players having the best facilities in college football. Currently we arent even in the top half of our conference. And its being paid for by donors. The seats and suites arent even the real point, thats just how the player facilites get paid for...so no one other than slack jawed jacob miranda thinks recruits will be snickering about having amazing facilities. Fucking idiot. 

9 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

don't fuck with Anna Hiss, man.  That's my ride of die bitch. 

I always liked Anna Hiss, bc one random evening I wound up walking through the basement floor alone and it was creepy as shit, still looked like the 60s. Archery range and empty locker rooms/showers.

Anyway, I got an email last week that they are renovating it. I don't know the scope or the plans, but it'd be cool if they made it something students actually use. ................... Oh fuck this, I looked it up and now it will be  Anna Hiss's Former Gym Now Filled With Robotics Nerds

Edited by BurdineBandit

My CDC story: 
My wife and I were in Austin a few weeks ago to see George Strait at the Palmer Center. $125 for front row seats to the see The King is worth every penny. 
The morning after we decided to grab breakfast at the original location of Magnolia Cafe. Sure enough, CDC is there having a breakfast meeting and we went over to say hello. I thought it would a brief exchange. CDC preceded to talk to us for about 10 minutes. 
His emotional intelligence is through the roof. I've never met anyone so personable in my entire life. The highlights: 
- I lead off with thanking him and told him we were proud of the job he was doing. 
- I told him we lived in Houston. And CDC kind of paused, and said man there are a lot of Aggys there. You need to plant the flag and represent The University of Texas. 
- I said we were very excited about the LSU game in Austin and we planned to attend. He said, not good enough. You have to buy season tickets. We need you two in DKR 7 Saturdays a year. 
- He gave my wife and I some good life advice that I won't detail here. It was really touching.  He said, think of me of your grandfather Chris. 
- He gave his card to my wife and I, and asked us to please call him if we had any trouble getting tickets. 
Obviously I was star struck, but we couldn't be in better, more capable hands. It's rare that someone lives us to their reputation. Fund raising and attention to detail will never be an issue in Bellmont as long as CDC is here. 
Resistance is futile.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:18 AM, BurdineBandit said:

I always liked Anna Hiss, bc one random evening I wound up walking through the basement floor alone and it was creepy as shit, still looked like the 60s. Archery range and empty locker rooms/showers.

Anyway, I got an email last week that they are renovating it. I don't know the scope or the plans, but it'd be cool if they made it something students actually use. ................... Oh fuck this, I looked it up and now it will be  Anna Hiss's Former Gym Now Filled With Robotics Nerds

We used to play ping pong in the Anna Hiss between classes.  

They had some cool split arrows with the archery stuff down there.

tenor.gif?itemid=4990518

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My CDC story: 

My wife and I were in Austin a few weeks ago to see George Strait at the Palmer Center. $125 for front row seats to the see The King is worth every penny. 

The morning after we decided to grab breakfast at the original location of Magnolia Cafe. Sure enough, CDC is there having a breakfast meeting and we went over to say hello. I thought it would a brief exchange. CDC preceded to talk to us for about 10 minutes. 

His emotional intelligence is through the roof. I've never met anyone so personable in my entire life. The highlights: 

- I lead off with thanking him and told him we were proud of the job he was doing. 

- I told him we lived in Houston. And CDC kind of paused, and said man there are a lot of Aggys there. You need to plant the flag and represent The University of Texas. 

- I said we were very excited about the LSU game in Austin and we planned to attend. He said, not good enough. You have to buy season tickets. We need you two in DKR 7 Saturdays a year. 

- He gave my wife and I some good life advice that I won't detail here. It was really touching.  He said, think of me of your grandfather Chris. 

- He gave his card to my wife and I, and asked us to please call him if we had any trouble getting tickets. 

Obviously I was star struck, but we couldn't be in better, more capable hands. It's rare that someone lives us to their reputation. Fund raising and attention to detail will never be an issue in Bellmont as long as CDC is here. 

I am one jealous s.o.b.

My CDC story: 

Well, did you buy season tickets?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My CDC story: 

Really CSB, but username doesnt check out.
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

That is a really cool story.  When does the guy ever sleep?  Love that he flies the Horns flag 24/7.

Regarding the 7 Saturdays a year, I guess he's including the Orange/White game, because I don't recall us having 7 home games before.