The New Car Fanatic Thread

Assman

27 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, 936horn said:
I switched down to CO Springs. Stevinson has lost me as a customer since Covid. I live south of the city so CO Springs is only about a 40 min drive 

What happened with Stevinson during covid?

I initially had an allocation for a C2S with them at MSRP. When I asked about the GTS when it was announced they said they were taking a 10k adjustment for them. I said I’d stick with my S and then they tried telling me that they were now taking 5k over for S allocations and that I should have been charged that for mine. No negotiations. I told them to fuck off. Salesman was super high pressure about it saying shit like “look if you can’t afford it just let me know”. Never spoke to them again after that statement. Not sure if they’re still asking ADM on non-GT cars but I won’t be finding out. 

• Rage+1 1

I initially had an allocation for a C2S with them at MSRP. When I asked about the GTS when it was announced they said they were taking a 10k adjustment for them. I said I’d stick with my S and then they tried telling me that they were now taking 5k over for S allocations and that I should have been charged that for mine. No negotiations. I told them to fuck off. Salesman was super high pressure about it saying shit like “look if you can’t afford it just let me know”. Never spoke to them again after that statement. Not sure if they’re still asking ADM on non-GT cars but I won’t be finding out. 
Sounds like i need to head south when I'm ready. I have never been impressed with Stevinson. They definitely give off the slimy car salesman vibe.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, 936horn said:

look if you can’t afford it just let me know”.

Wow, that is super dick-ish. I wouldn’t go near them either. I check on my car’s progress everyday and it went from 30 days left to 60 one day with no real explanation why. I am sure it’s a chip or shipping or whatever.  It was supposed to be here the Friday after thanksgiving. Now the week before Christmas. 

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
4 hours ago, 936horn said:

Sounds like i need to head south when I'm ready. I have never been impressed with Stevinson. They definitely give off the slimy car salesman vibe.

When you’re ready, Randy in CO Springs is fantastic. Super transparent, super laid back. Everyone I’ve interacted with down there has been awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atxracer said:

Wow, that is super dick-ish. I wouldn’t go near them either. I check on my car’s progress everyday and it went from 30 days left to 60 one day with no real explanation why. I am sure it’s a chip or shipping or whatever.  It was supposed to be here the Friday after thanksgiving. Now the week before Christmas. 

Has your car been built and sent to emden yet? What I’ve been told by rennlist and my SA is that the ports on either end are the biggest hold ups right now.  On the US side they’re having a hell of a time getting the TPMS modules installed at the receipt ports. SA said they’ve been taking cars in and doing the TPMS in house in their service departments pre delivery. It’s a shit show. 

I went to Park Place last week to see Shark Blue in person (it's great btw) and there were a few cars lined up in the parking garage on stop sale due to the TPMS.  I can't imagine waiting 6 months for your car to get delivered to the dealership only to have it sit there awaiting parts.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/23/2021 at 8:37 PM, 936horn said:

Has your car been built and sent to emden yet? What I’ve been told by rennlist and my SA is that the ports on either end are the biggest hold ups right now.  On the US side they’re having a hell of a time getting the TPMS modules installed at the receipt ports. SA said they’ve been taking cars in and doing the TPMS in house in their service departments pre delivery. It’s a shit show. 

Mine has been on "start production" for awhile now.  Timeline says 53 days now.  We will see.  

On 10/24/2021 at 7:12 PM, Assman said:

I can't imagine waiting 6 months for your car to get delivered to the dealership only to have it sit there awaiting parts.

MB Sprinter can't source electric doors latches...built vehicles will be released in June or July.

I've got a few older vehicles (mid 2000's chevy truck, mid 2000's outback, and mid 2000's chevy cruz) that I need to sell.  I'm not worried about getting top dollar -- just need to get rid of them.  Any thoughts on best service that will come pick them up and take them away (one or more might not be drivable right now).  

20 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

I've got a few older vehicles (mid 2000's chevy truck, mid 2000's outback, and mid 2000's chevy cruz) that I need to sell.  I'm not worried about getting top dollar -- just need to get rid of them.  Any thoughts on best service that will come pick them up and take them away (one or more might not be drivable right now).  

Carvana or take them to CarMax. 

48 minutes ago, Gale Snoats said:

You do seem worried about this, given that you've posted it on at least three different threads having to do with automobiles. 

If they're not running, your options are more limited - I don't know that either Carvana or CarMax will buy a car that doesn't run. Can't hurt to check, of course, but otherwise, you should look into a junkyard/auto wrecker near wherever you live. Most will send a truck to come take your junk and will give you a couple hundred bucks, assuming that the desirable parts are still intact. 

Reading folks talking about build times is fun. As I got on the elliptical to finish my workout I put on this video. At the 3:20 mark the narrator says something that made me laugh.

I have not yet toured the Porsche factory but I have been through Audi in Neckarsulm and Mercedes at Sindelfingen and they are quite a departure from this video. It's amazing how it has all changed.

52 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Maserati MC20 delayed from August to now supposedly this month.  Not holding my breath.  Frustrating but in the grand scheme not worth getting worked up over - that’s what I keep telling myself.  

Yeah, apparently the charter jet market is all jacked up right now too. Serious first world problems happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Those don't look properly scaled to relative size. 

Definitely not. That said, it's hard to beat the 993 and they should treat the 996 like the fat girl you took home out of desperation and never talk about it again.  

Edited by Atxracer
  • Like 1

NHTSA is to review headlight standards within 2yr as part of the Infrastructure Bill. That's what will allow the matrix-style headlights to come to the US. Yes it's wayyyyy overdue.

A few Audis (maybe others?) had the hardware already, but had the functionality disabled via software for US cars. You could reprogram them to enable the matrix functionality (and then be illegal for US street use, though no one will ever know).

I have basic adaptive beams on my Asian-market CX5 - it's 6 zones, not anywhere near as fancy as the Audi/Mercedes matrix units, but is still fun and cool to watch. Driving in rain or fog/dust you can see each individual beam, and watching them turn on/off to avoid oncoming traffic never gets old.

Video showing/explaining the basic 6zone system on the Mazda:

Edited by Sam Lin
add video
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was driving home from working out this morning with my youngest and pulled up next to a Hellcat at a stoplight.  Asked my son if he wanted to see a Hellcat lose a race.  Told him I could take him off the line and he'd spin his tires because AWD>RWD.  He said yes, so I punched it and as soon as we were about 1 car ahead, we heard the supercharger spool up and the tires light up.  I let off at about 50 mph and he flew by all pissed off.  I laughed.  700hp doesn't do you much good if you can't put it down.

• Haha 1