2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep.  I’ll also add a lot of people that never got into politics are really upset with lockdowns and traditional nonVoters are breaking for Trump in FL.  Like the not so small Latino community that makes a living in dining/hospitality...throw in Latino radio getting hit hard w conspiracy theories and we’ve got a problem...

Arturo bell?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yep.  I’ll also add a lot of people that never got into politics are really upset with lockdowns and traditional nonVoters are breaking for Trump in FL.  Like the not so small Latino community that makes a living in dining/hospitality...throw in Latino radio getting hit hard w conspiracy theories and we’ve got a problem...

Like the divorced parent trying to win their teenage kids’ affection by allowing them to have their friends over to drink, Trump gives the people who don’t like the lockdowns what they want now, regardless of the long term consequences.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, heso said:

Like the divorced parent trying to win their teenage kids’ affection by allowing them to have their friends over to drink, Trump gives the people who don’t like the lockdowns what they want now, regardless of the long term consequences.

I was more worried about this issue a few months ago. 

9 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Keep in mind the lockdowns have basically made them live off of welfare. These aren't people who who can work remotely - they have to be onsite serving tourists. So I can see why an argument for keeping things open in spite of the risks is appealing - it's their livelihood that is at risk.

Trump is trying the same play in Nevada but it doesn't appear to be resonating. 

But people are not coming back until we get Covid more under control. I'm not setting foot in Florida for a long time and we love Disney World and Rosemary Beach. It's not going to get better under Trump. It's not going to get closer to the point of normalcy when he's not even trying. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

But people are not coming back until we get Covid more under control. I'm not setting foot in Florida for a long time and we love Disney World and Rosemary Beach. It's not going to get better under Trump. It's not going to get closer to the point of normalcy when he's not even trying. 

I agree, but I'm not the one you have to convince. 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Rosemary Beach is actually quiet enough that I'd be comfortable going there.  I just don't want to make that drive from Austin in one day, and I'll be damned if I'm spending the night in some Covid-6 Motel in Biloxi.

1 hour ago, heso said:

This is the map I feel the most comfortable working from right now.

727842f1e60f808e4f18d5ec6ea03f00.jpg

Biden needs to win at least one of these coin flips. Arizona alone gets him to 270 and some sort of Supreme Court battle scenario. Iowa alone isn’t enough. I have no faith in Ohio or Georgia. So PA and NC making the flip along with AZ sure would be great but I don’t have NEARLY the confidence level that a lot of you have right now.

Arizona alone plus a sweep for Trump in Neb gives us the tie maximum chaos scenario. 

I disagree with Arizona being a toss up. Trump had a huge lead over Clinton in Maricopa in 2016, now it looks like Biden will win the county / state.

47 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think too many people are hitting the sauce.  It feels like every night, the prospects drop, but in the morning, woo hoo!  Biden's kicking ass!

I wake up that way, too. It’s the distrustful nature. That crazy pol whose wife had premonitions? I have this nightmare that between the VBM being slowed/undercounted isn’t the real story. That the reason the GOP is urging election day voting is so any machine irregularities or hackings or shenanigans will be attributed or denied (plausibly) to the surge in Trump’s support. 
They may be inept at some things but cheating to win is in their wheelhouse. 
It really does need to be a landslide for Biden. It shouldn’t have to be, but it is what it is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I was more worried about this issue a few months ago. 

a6028c42802349fa524e4edd22acc139.jpg

Every day he tells people in states with major outbreaks that they need to open up. It’s all going away. It’s your terrible democrat governors keeping you locked up. They need to open up. It’s no big deal. We have a cure to treat you if you catch it and your kids will be fine in no time at all if they get sick. Don’t be worried. All your struggles are the fault of the democrats that just want to keep everything shut down to hurt my reelection. Open up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Do people not remember that Trump shut down the whole country in March and wasted our effort by opening it back up too early? Do people not care that the death toll will be over 400K by the end of the year if we don’t make significant changes to our approach?

god we live in a stupid country.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

Do people not remember that Trump shut down the whole country in March and wasted our effort by opening it back up too early? Do people not care that the death toll will be over 400K by the end of the year if we don’t make significant changes to our approach?

god we live in a stupid country.

No, dude. It's all libtard governors and that son of a bitch, Fauci. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, heso said:

a6028c42802349fa524e4edd22acc139.jpg

Every day he tells people in states with major outbreaks that they need to open up. It’s all going away. It’s your terrible democrat governors keeping you locked up. They need to open up. It’s no big deal. We have a cure to treat you if you catch it and your kids will be fine in no time at all if they get sick. Don’t be worried. All your struggles are the fault of the democrats that just want to keep everything shut down to hurt my reelection. Open up.

Why are people so stupid?

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Why are people so stupid?

Imagine that inflection point on the chart if Trump had gotten out of the hospital and said “Covid is no joke. I had it. Thankfully I had a medical team that took great care of me and I’m feeling great now. But we need to be careful. We need to mask up and distance. Open up where we can but we need to be cautious and careful. Wear your masks. We’ve got some promising vaccines in the works and some great therapeutics but we’re headed into winter and we all need to do what’s best for our countrymen. Let’s get through this by working together.”

Obviously you can’t imagine that because trump is a soulless sack of shit. But just image how many more people are going to get sick and die because of his inability to lead in that one single moment. 

Edited by heso
  • Hook 'Em 1

I REALLY, REALLY, super really hope people are voting like covid is about fist fuck us with a hand dipped in tar and glass without another relief bill. clearly the current powers that be have no interest in addressing that issue. if trump gets re-elected, this winter is gonna be the hardest of any of our lives. I don't care what your current status is. if we don't get a handle on this soon, it's going to affect every single one of us in a profound way, possibly more than one. That's not fucking hyperbole. if you think it is, please reply below and I'll gladly add you to my ignore list.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I REALLY, REALLY, super really hope people are voting like covid is about fist fuck us with a hand dipped in tar and glass without another relief bill. clearly the current powers that be have no interest in addressing that issue. if trump gets re-elected, this winter is gonna be the hardest of any of our lives. I don't care what your current status is. if we don't get a handle on this soon, it's going to affect every single one of us in a profound way, possible more than one. That's not fucking hyperbole. if you think it is, please reply below and I'll gladly add you to my ignore list.

now this is something I can get behind that is an actual threat to everyone.

• Haha 2

This is how dumb Team Trump is.

She tweeted this out as though it somehow makes Trump look good and Biden look bad.

Yes, you empty headed cunt, obeying rules and being able to descend an incline without a ramp is obviously just terribly as opposed to choppering into an unmasked, packed crowd during a pandemic.

Woo hoo! Let’s really stir that virus laden air around!
  • Hook 'Em 3

at this point I can't help but think that Trump is trying to get Biden elected so he can step down and get pardoned. Some of the stuff he's doing is just so pro-biden and not really doing anything to expand his base or get them to vote when they otherwise wouldn't have.

It's strange living in Texas because so many people I know who are my age +- 5 years were largely apathetic to voting because of how pointless it was since Texas was so "deep red". The conversations I'm having with 10s of people and their anecdotes of 10s of additional people and their anecdotes of 10s of other people are actually pretty interesting. Most people here have alluded to it as well, there is something happening in Texas that is very...not like Texas at all. I just hope it means that this is the new normal and people don't get apathetic in 2022 and beyond again.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Everyone calm the fuck down. 

Keep in mind that RCP was closer to the actual result than 538 in some states that Trump won in 2016. 

However, in this case there's a Morning Consult poll that 538 is including (Biden +7) that RCP is not, and that alone could account for the discrepancy.

Also, Trump was +4 in the final NYT/Siena poll in 2016. Not sure if they plan to release a FL poll this late in the game this year or not. 

Edited by The Dog

22 minutes ago, immamac said:

at this point I can't help but think that Trump is trying to get Biden elected so he can step down and get pardoned. Some of the stuff he's doing is just so pro-biden and not really doing anything to expand his base or get them to vote when they otherwise wouldn't have.

It's strange living in Texas because so many people I know who are my age +- 5 years were largely apathetic to voting because of how pointless it was since Texas was so "deep red". The conversations I'm having with 10s of people and their anecdotes of 10s of additional people and their anecdotes of 10s of other people are actually pretty interesting. Most people here have alluded to it as well, there is something happening in Texas that is very...not like Texas at all. I just hope it means that this is the new normal and people don't get apathetic in 2022 and beyond again.

my wet dream is that he loses bigly on election night and goes on (inter)national television and says, "Haha, losers. I played you all along. You believed me? You voted for me? Suckers." and walks off stage and like a million fucking heads explode ala scanners. It won't happen, but a boy can dream.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Nice job, Texas!

I hope this trend is replicated in Alabama and Georgia and Mississippi and South Carolina and North Carolina.

Election project has SC and LA at 30%, GA at 28%, and NC at 20% in early voting.  I assume the black turnout is proportionally  similar in AL and MS. If more white women would vote for their own self interests the old south would flip to the Demiceats with that black turnout. 

Lets also remember that Trump doesn't have the same level of rat-fucker running his campaign today that he had 4 years ago.  Roger Stone doesn't have wiki-leaks to coordinate with and Steve Bannon has been relegated to appearances on shitty podcasts.  With the near constant turnover (due to arrest, drugs, spousal abuse, fraud) the incompetents have really risen to the top in the Trump Campaign and are now running this shit show.  They've burned through all of their money and had to cancel most of their national ad buys.
Trumps only hope is to whip the base into an absolute froth and hope that they can turn out in record numbers on election day - both to vote and to intimidate others from voting.

Yeah and my ass will be there on election day to make sure they don't. Just try and pull out a piece on the lanes.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Yeah I see this a bit with my construction crews, usually the young dumb ones. I had to threaten fines to get mask compliance, and the conspiracy theories I've heard are mind blowing stupid.
The older guys are fuck Trump, but dispassionate. The weirdos getting called out or questioned just turn pro

4 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Ok, I think he is probably right and I know he’s a Longhorn ... but this guy is way too fucking cocky for some dude that just graduated from undergrad 2 years ago and has all of one election under his belt.  

It’s not really this particular tweet, but he consistently throws shade at pretty much all the other pollsters/modelers.  You’re going to be wrong someday, too, dude - there is no crystal ball.  Might want to tone it down a bit for when that happens so the entire industry doesn’t gleefully highlight it for you.

Actually there is.

13 keys to the white house. Accurately predicted every election in the modern era, including previous elections. 

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I spend a decent amount of time in FL.  The number of Latinos (even nonCuban) who support Trump is mind boggling.  I hope I’m wrong but I think Trump wins there.  

I'll be back in Miami in two weeks,  I hope to be able to wave my middle finger in all their faces

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

This is how dumb Team Trump is.

She tweeted this out as though it somehow makes Trump look good and Biden look bad.

Yes, you empty headed cunt, obeying rules and being able to descend an incline without a ramp is obviously just terribly as opposed to choppering into an unmasked, packed crowd during a pandemic.

Woo hoo! Let’s really stir that virus laden air around!

spacer.png

• Like 1