Dallas Cowboys 2018 offseason thread

DougO

The Vikings, an already very good defense is still being proactive about getting better. Wow what a fucking concept. I have to wonder if agents even entertain Dallas anymore for their clients, knowing they are just going to talk about a bargain bin contract. Unless they are a spare player desperate for a team. Vikings get a really good safety and we sign trash from the clearance aisle. 

Hold the phone.

Im in Portland at the moment and had an uber driver yesterday who's a huge ducks fan.  I asked him about UDFA Tyree Robinson.  He said Tyree's got a lot of talent and size, but mostly underperformed until last year where he put it all together.  He said with good coaching we'll have ourselves a steal.  Ahem, Kris Richard.  Tyree gonna be the next Chancellor, thats why we're not concerned about Iloka. Stay tuned. 

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

The Vikings, an already very good defense is still being proactive about getting better. Wow what a fucking concept. I have to wonder if agents even entertain Dallas anymore for their clients, knowing they are just going to talk about a bargain bin contract. Unless they are a spare player desperate for a team. Vikings get a really good safety and we sign trash from the clearance aisle. 

Vikings didn't need him, but Zimmer coached him in Cincy and knows he's a pretty good player. Nice proactive move by a smart team. Add talent when it's available, not just when you have a crisis and have to make a panic move.

12 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Sighs.

I keep wondering why V-E is still penciled in as the starting MLB when supposedly Jaylen Smith is as good as new. He was drafted to be MLB but moved to the strong side to protect his physical limitations. If he's really all the way back they should be putting Vander Esch on the strong side in his first year to develop and get experience until he's needed to start at one of the other positions. Or maybe they don't really know if Smith can hang in the middle.

24 minutes ago, DougO said:

I keep wondering why V-E is still penciled in as the starting MLB when supposedly Jaylen Smith is as good as new. He was drafted to be MLB but moved to the strong side to protect his physical limitations. If he's really all the way back they should be putting Vander Esch on the strong side in his first year to develop and get experience until he's needed to start at one of the other positions. Or maybe they don't really know if Smith can hang in the middle.

I don't think LVE is a starter to begin the season. He hasn't shown he can handle that for various reasons.

52 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Hold the phone.

Im in Portland at the moment and had an uber driver yesterday who's a huge ducks fan.  I asked him about UDFA Tyree Robinson.  He said Tyree's got a lot of talent and size, but mostly underperformed until last year where he put it all together.  He said with good coaching we'll have ourselves a steal.  Ahem, Kris Richard.  Tyree gonna be the next Chancellor, thats why we're not concerned about Iloka. Stay tuned. 

humor aside, he had a pretty awesome form tackle in the game saturday.  based on that highlight I’ll agree that he will be as good or better than chancellor. 

Woman releases dick pics of Dak.

When the only current controversy coming out of Dallas Cowboys training camp is your quarterback’s leaked dick pics as opposed to the usual arrest, fine or suspension, you might call that a win if you’re Jerry Jones.

A nude selfie, soon to be every Cowboys fan’s phone wallpaper, was taken by quarterback Dak Prescott and has leaked.

Though we wont post it here, feel free to click HERE if you realllly feel the need to.

When will guys learn that you can’t trust these hoes.

You can view them here if you please:

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Cowboys offseason complete. Every year we are a complete fucking corky Romano fucking a pillow dumpster fire.  This year we were kind of quiet with only a few drug busts and accidents. But now we have dictures. Yes 

We've got bigger issues (get it, get it)..... Frederick's career may be over.  

22 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Looney's been far better than Fleming in camp..... I think you roll with him and scour the cut list to sign a C/G for depth.

He may be, but center is a really important position in the Cowboys scheme, even more than most. That's a huge loss. I agree Fleming hasn't impressed me that much so far.

My brother contracted Guillan Barre several years ago. It’s some scary shit. It put him in a wheelchair for several months. He recovered but tends to walk with a slight shuffle. There isn’t really a cure but are treatments to reduce severity and speed recovery. No way anyone can estimate recovery time.

So more excuses for Garrett to use? Great.

Hope the best for Frederick. Seems like a real good dude from all the interviews he does. Sounds like some scary shit.

Welp, we definitely need to look for center next draft. Fucking sucks. Him and Martin were the rocks of the OL. And both are hurt. One being possibly career ending.

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Wait, you thought we had a chance before the injury?  We were gonna suck already.  This means we'll just really suck.

I had no expectations other than not being the Cleveland Browns. Now all bets are off.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

39864459_1948713588558346_27491870612683

Explain why Stafford and Luck are ahead of Dak? Jimmy G as well. 

Stafford is absolutely better than Dak.  No questions asked.  

Mark Schlereth on 105.3 rt now talking about the disease TF has, as he also was diagnosed with this disease during the ‘93 season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Stafford is no way better than Dak. He is one of the most overrated players year in and year out. And people hide him behind the excuse of he has no help. 

Vic c’mon man.  He’s gotten better even since Megatron has left.  When he’s healthy he’s way better than Dak and I’m a season ticket holder for 15 miserable years.  

Stanford is an order or magnitude better than dak. We have about as much evidence that Dak sucks ass that we do Dak is a top 10 QB. That motherfuxker was TERRIBLE in the last half of the season. He’s already kissed multiple throws in the preseason he should be making.

gotta he honest, this season is starting to have a 6-10 kinda vibe. 

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

Mark Schlereth on 105.3 rt now talking about the disease TF has, as he also was diagnosed with this disease during the ‘93 season 

This. Great job by The Fan.

Sounds like a lot of hope for Travis in that it was diagnosed early and advancements in medicine. But from a player personnel decision you have to play it like he will not be back this season.

Stafford is no way better than Dak. He is one of the most overrated players year in and year out. And people hide him behind the excuse of he has no help. 

I never bought into Stafford and never will. And Dak shitted on him head to head his rookie year. He puts up empty stats but he doesn't win.

People said the same about Romo. He never won because he had shitty coaching and shitty personnel. Sounds a lot like Detroit actually.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

People said the same about Romo. He never won because he had shitty coaching and shitty personnel. Sounds a lot like Detroit actually.

Or those QBs don't know how to win. Both of them put up fantasy football stats but when it came to crunch time, they folded. If you want to deflect blame all to the coaches, thats fine. But at least Romo did win a few playoff games. Stafford never has. Dude has never even won a division or a big game to save his life. He's a stats guy, not a winner.

Stafford had plenty of good offensive personnel. Hell he had one of the best WRs we have seen.

But Romo and Stafford are a great comparison. They are a lot alike. Except Stafford is a poor man's version of Romo.

14 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

This. Great job by The Fan.

Sounds like a lot of hope for Travis in that it was diagnosed early and advancements in medicine. But from a player personnel decision you have to play it like he will not be back this season.

Great job by Schlereth as well.   He called Rich Dalrymple as soon as he got the news and asked who he could talk to immediately.   105.3 is the radio Home of the cowboys so they lined that up in 10 minutes, but he’s the one who also has the same disease and made himself available immediately.   He won 2 SB’s after he had the disease btw 

Some info from a neurologist

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/08/22/neurologist-weighs-road-ahead-travis-frederick-whyguillain-barre-syndrome-shouldnt-threaten-career

Dr. Spencer Miller, a neurologist at Baylor Medical Center in Dallas, weighed in Wednesday night on the likely road ahead for Cowboys center Travis Frederick in his treatment of Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Frederick released a statement Wednesday that said he was diagnosed with GBS and it's unclear when he might be able to return to the field.

Miller often treats patients with Guillain-Barre syndrome. Frederick isn't one of Miller's patients, however.

Q: How long does it take someone to recover from GBS?

A: Miller said there's typically a "prolonged recovery" for someone fighting GBS of "at least a couple of weeks and then months of rehab and rest." He said a general rule of thumb is that one-third of patients usually show signs of recovery within two weeks, the next one-third take four weeks and the final one-third can take up to three months.

Q: Could GBS keep Frederick from ever playing football again?

A: Miller said GBS shouldn't threaten Frederick's career in the NFL. He said only 2 out of every 100,000 people with GBS have a reoccurrence.

"Once the nerves are healed they are fully healed," he said. "It is favorable that it wouldn't permanently alter his career, but a one- or two-month recovery is standard.

"If my patient's job was football, I'd be very hesitant to let him go back to football within a month or two. I'd be very surprised if someone could."

Q: Is there concern that Frederick's GBS symptoms could reoccur when he does return to football considering the physical pounding he takes at his position?

A: Miller said the contact Frederick will endure in football isn't a concern necessarily. What's more of a concern for Frederick is "the intensity of the workout" that comes with playing in the NFL.

"It would slow down his recovery if he was hastened back into the game," Miller said. "It could slow down his recovery or hasten reoccurrence if he overdrives his body early in the recovery period."

Q: Is it a plus that Frederick is in good shape and still young?

A: Miller said on average 80 percent of patients with an early diagnosis and who receive early treatment - Frederick checks both boxes - fully recover from GBS. He said Frederick's recovery should also be helped by the facts he's young and a well-conditioned athlete.

Q: Could Frederick's symptoms and condition get worse?

A: Miller said Frederick may not have seen the worst symptoms yet. He said typically patients with GBS don't reach their peak disability until within seven to 14 days of the onset of the symptoms.

"You have to watch him within the first seven to 14 days to see how severe it's going to be," he added.

Q: Frederick said he's already received two treatments for his GBS, so what does that likely entail?

A: There are two treatments commonly used for acute GBS. Both are considered equally effective, Miller said, if started within two weeks of onset of GBS. One is plasma exchange and the other is intravenous immunoglobulin therapy (IVIg).

IVIg is easier to administer because it's given to patients through a vein in their arm via an IV.

Miller said a patient would receive five treatments in one form. He said the plasma exchange route would require a treatment every other day for 10 days. He said a patient undergoing IVIg would receive one treatment for five consecutive days.

Frederick said in his statement he had already received two treatments "in the last 48 hours" and he would "continue these treatments over the next few days." Considering that timetable, Miller said, it's likely that Frederick's treatment plan is IVIg.

Frederick done for the season likely? With the trash they have backing up OL and the inability of the coaching staff to properly adjust to injuries this probably means the end of the playoff hopes. 

For once would like proper depth and competent coaching again. Its even worse knowing the previously eternally hapless eagles have both now. 

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 2

Jesus. So Vic now thinks Dak is better than Stafford?  And Wentz?  Lulz. 

Stafford is a good QB and is not a poor man’s Romo. They are about the same. Dak has a long way to go to approach either of them, or Wentz, and I doubt he ever gets there.