Incredibles 2

mdmost

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

My kids went yesterday with their nanny and enjoyed it. 

Also just an FYI for all parents-

'Incredibles 2': Theaters post warnings due to seizure concerns

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/18/health/incredibles-2-seizures-warning-bn/index.html

Oh yeah. That was an annoying 15 seconds. 

So the villain wasn't as interesting as Syndrome, and the movie undoes a fair bit of Mr. Incredible's character growth from the first movie.

Other than that? Awesome movie. 

- Loved the tension and action of the scene where the brainwashed superheroes invade the Incredibles' home.

- The scene where Elastigirl zips across the city as Screenslaver delivers his monologue is really well done.

- Violet looked really cool, especially her interactions with Void. Didn't see much of Dash, though.

- Really liked the scene where Mr. Incredible stays up all night trying to help Dash with his math.

- Jack Jack battling the raccoon was surprisingly fun to watch.

- The Screenslaver vs. Elastigirl fight was really well done. First the part where you see Screenslaver watching Elastigirl as she tries to unlock the door, then him luring her into the trap and seeing them desperately beating the hell out of each other.

- Edna Mode kills it in her cameo.

On 6/18/2018 at 8:07 PM, FartingMonk said:

thought it was a pretty damn good movie.  have not been disappointed at Pixar at all.  The only confusing thing was the short at the beginning.  Who the fuck eats a bao with chopsticks.

they came off more as xiao long bao than man tou to me.  although i've never known either to have carrots. 

5 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

they came off more as xiao long bao than man tou to me.  although i've never known either to have carrots. 

yeah, i'll agree with that except man tou is just the bread no stuffing.  I just saw it more like a char siu bao type than a dim sum thing like you would see with xiao long bao.

Finally saw this last night. Liked it a lot. Being totally immersed in mid century modern design made me happy. I am a MCM fanatic.  The photo realism of some shots mixed with the character design gives me hope someone will make a truly adult kick ass animated film. Just stay away from realistic people design and it works well. 

15 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Finally saw this last night. Liked it a lot. Being totally immersed in mid century modern design made me happy. I am a MCM fanatic.  The photo realism of some shots mixed with the character design gives me hope someone will make a truly adult kick ass animated film. Just stay away from realistic people design and it works well. 

Yeah, the cool mid century aesthetic of everything was nice.  I guess it was there on the original but not as overwhelming because there wasn’t as much opportunity for furniture and cars on Syndromes island.