Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

56 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Nah, they were more like the people who believe that faith is the only cure, and therefore have refused all treatment.  But they were super concerned when they prayed about it.  If God wanted us to get better, he would've fixed our trauma.

It's not really my place to judge someone's faith (or lack thereof), but in this case I'll make an exception:  I don't think McConnell or Ryan have a faithful bone in their bodies.

I'm going to steal a quote from a favorite musician I've followed for 30+ years now--David Baerwald--where in the liner notes of his 1992 album 'Triage' (which is more relevant now than ever, IMO), he dedicates the album to George H. W. Bush and others with "the sincere hope that there is a god and if so, he's vengeful beyond all comprehension." Please insert 'Trump, his offsprings, sycophantic enablers a la Hannity, Dobbs, Huckabee, and Trumpkins in general'.

Kelly and Mattis see themselves as Trump's handlers.  They are the ones keeping this from getting entirely out of hand.  They figure if the leave, then no one can keep this loon from doing whatever he wants.  Trump is too stupid to see they are making these statements to retain their positions.  Statements of placation of a mental patient to calm them down, get them to take their meds.

I would bet they figure they can do more damage control on the inside than ousted. 

On another note.  In that transcript Trump talks about how the GDP would be negative if it weren't for his stellar leadership.   It's been a long time since i took Econ or Govt classes, but doesn't GDP stand for Gross Domestic Product?  The sum of all goods and services produced in a country within a studied time period, right? 

So if no one does anything...not a thing...nothing is done, nothing is made then wouldn't GDP be zero at worst?  How can it be negative?  I can see how net domestic product can be negative, or the rate of growth of GDP, but not the actual GDP.  Surely he recognizes this?  Or did I hear it wrong?

41 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

So if no one does anything...not a thing...nothing is done, nothing is made then wouldn't GDP be zero at worst?  How can it be negative?  I can see how net domestic product can be negative, or the rate of growth of GDP, but not the actual GDP.  Surely he recognizes this?  Or did I hear it wrong?

You and I heard it the same way.  If we are to be generous we can imagine he meant GDP growth.  But even if we were that generous his statement would still be complete horseshit.  The economy's been growing for several years prior to him coming aboard.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He’s actually being truthful here. Their most recent quotes disputing what’s in the woodward book were made up frauds, a con on the public. They read like the ultimate con man wrote them himself. Which Donald likely did, or at least a grammaticaly incorrect version.

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

And Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell will say nothing and do nothing.  They are less than zeros.  If our country is the proverbial Level 1 trauma patient in need of competent oversight and care, Paul and Mitch disconnected the tube transfusing blood and pain meds and wedged it under the mattress.

they're lining their pockets which is what they feel is best for themselves and the country. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

which is why Bob says he recorded hundreds of hours....

8 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Umm. His lawyer is Rudy Giuliani. Have you seen Rudy lately?

and Rudy wouldn't let him talk to anybody that may threaten his livelihood or incriminate him and his staff, which is probably why it was nixed earlier when Bob talked to various people in the WH originally.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Kelly, who is Trump's current chief of staff, told Cohn afterward, according to notes Cohn made of the exchange: "If that was me, I would have taken that resignation letter and shoved it up his ass six different times."

Kelly is definitely getting fired by tweet from Mar a Lago.

26 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Don't forget vengeance. 

And he's had it out for the NFL since the USFL and his failed attempt to buy the Bills. 

Those are pretty much the two modes for the toddler. You're saying nice things about me, and I like you. You disagree with me, so I hate you and want to destroy you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolacycling said:

So Trump wants NFL owners to stand up to the kneelers who help their teams make a bunch of $, but won't call out Nike because they him make a bunch of $. Ok

Selfish. 

no need to say anything else. Doesn't take 545 pages in year to 2 to recognize he is the 7 deadly sins rolled into one with one sole purpose - fellating himself and ensuring he is running a circus of fellaters and yes men. 

Trump came across like a giant incompetent puss in that transcript instead of the way he usually comes across: as a giant incompetent asshole.

I actually think that’s the one thing that could start swaying his base: when he looks weak. They interpret his blithering bombast as strength.

2 hours ago, retread said:

Those are pretty much the two modes for the toddler. You're saying nice things about me, and I like you. You disagree with me, so I hate you and want to destroy you.

My two year old is in that phase.  I'm her best friend as long as I do what she wants.   Tell her something she doesn't want to hear, and it's either a scream that's going to fuck with my tinnitus-ridden ears, or she's in punch/biting mode.