Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

What self-serving garbage.   It's just more cynical rationalization for making a deal with the devil to get the policies Rs desire.  If this were a serious "secret resistance, " blabbing about it in the Times and alerting Trump would be the last thing one would do.   Not to mention that this bullshit piece will be fodder for deep-state conspiracy theorists working to dismantle our institutions.   Seriously, fuck this guy. 

I'm not sure about this part.  It would seem to be a prime opportunity to do such a thing while a book reflecting similar stories is going to press.  Especially if his advisers know that DOTUS wouldn't believe a word of the article, or it would get muddled into the alleged witch hunt that he's conducting over Woodward's book.

3 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I know who wrote the op-ed.

Hide contents

It was Jesus Shuttleworth.  He spoke to a Big Cigar in the White House.  Who is basically a composite figure of senior officials.

Spoiler

It was John Barron

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

I know who wrote the op-ed.

Hide contents

It was Jesus Shuttleworth.  He spoke to a Big Cigar in the White House.  Who is basically a composite figure of senior officials.

The op-ed continued that Terry Saban has hired a top Austin area interior designer. 

Edited by Lagunamadre

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maybe Congress should hold another hearing about Hillary’s emails.

There's a 500% chance this is exactly what the reaction is.

I am trying to imagine a more worthless body than the United States Congress of 2018.  I can't come up with one.  Even the Wichita Falls Ladies Sewing Circle has more impact on society (say what you will, they make some mean pimento cheese finger sammiches).

Just now, Brisketexan said:

It's like he's considering the idea.  Like me posting "BBQ?" on a thread about what folks will be eating over the holiday weekend.  I'm thinking about it....I'm probably gonna do it....with enthusiasm.

Yep, that's exactly how Trump is using the term.

And he's unsure of the one thing he's actually right about.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Anyone think it’s Rick Perry? 

Rick Perry has no clue he is still in the Trump administration.  He's been hanging out in Round Top for the last year and a half. If you asked him who the current Sec. of Energy is, he would just give you a blank stare. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

McGahn has already been fired.

By tweet.

I've done ok. I'm now the CFO of a midsize company and been in management since the early 00s. I've had to let people go - sometimes because of their performance and sometimes because of broader corporate issues.  In either case, I've always felt respecting the impacted person's dignity important enough to speak with them personally.  I'll go out on a limb that their accomplishments likely fell short of some one ascending to a senior White House role.  But paying a basic level of respect to someone who's life is being upended seemed appropriate.  

Among the many things I find fault with in the current administration, the lack of basic respect for personal dignity often rises near the top of the list. Both in its cowardly contrast to the blustering bravado and in its insensitivity to the impacted person and their families. 

tl/dr: fuck the chickenshit way djt handles business 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Washpark said:

It's far from conclusive evidence.  But Pence certainly does have motive to prompt action on the 25th Amendment.

And by the way--the talk about the 25th Amendment may be a tip-off.  The key passage is this: "Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis."  So the writer isn't a member of the cabinet, but is privy to discussions that happen "within the cabinet."  That sounds a lot like the vice president.

As to the substance of the piece, and taking it at face value, I don't even know what to think.  I appreciate the takes expressed by @lemonlime and @Mojo Hand.  I don't know that I disagree with them, but I don't know that I agree with them, either.  This is just so unprecedented and unimaginable that I can't really comprehend it.  

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's far from conclusive evidence.  But Pence certainly does have motive to prompt action on the 25th Amendment.

And by the way--the talk about the 25th Amendment may be a tip-off.  The key passage is this: "Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis."  So the writer isn't a member of the cabinet, but is privy to discussions that happen "within the cabinet."  That sounds a lot like the vice president.

As to the substance of the piece, and taking it at face value, I don't even know what to think.  I appreciate the takes expressed by @lemonlime and @Mojo Hand.  I don't know that I disagree with them, but I don't know that I agree with them, either.  This is just so unprecedented and unimaginable that I can't really comprehend it.  

It's possible that Pence just got done binging his favorite fairytale Handmaid's Tale and felt it's time for him to get the ball in motion to becoming president. 

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Perhaps the cabinet could make a deal with Congress to remove via impeachment or force resignation. 

25th amendment Is a difficult process for removal and would be a humiliating way to oust a potus. 

Who am I kidding, nothing matters.

fuck that noise, I want him ousted in the most humiliating way possible. I want video of him holding onto the door frame as they drag his obese ass out the front door for all to see. I want him tarred and feathered on the front lawn. Maybe give him the Gaddafi treatment as he gets into the police car. 

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

fuck that noise, I want him ousted in the most humiliating way possible. I want video of him holding onto the door frame as they drag is obese ass of the front door for all to see. I want him tarred and feathered on the front lawn. Maybe give him the Gaddafi treatment as he gets into the police car. 

Big ol' monster truck rally, Aerosmith playing on the White House lawn: "yeah fuck that guy!  woo!"

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

fuck that noise, I want him ousted in the most humiliating way possible. I want video of him holding onto the door frame as they drag is obese ass of the front door for all to see. I want him tarred and feathered on the front lawn. Maybe give him the Gaddafi treatment as he gets into the police car. 

Right, we all want justice for Trump.

I was thinking of the humiliation the country would suffer by going 25th 

We could do without that.