Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

You're talking to authoritarians. It's not something that needs justifying in their minds, it's something that deserves celebration.

Again they pulled a numbnut’s press pass essentially for acting out. Sorry I’m not walking out on the Brisket Ledge over it. 

4 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

You never will get there because your a spineless fuck

*you’re 

I guess we’re not gonna agree on the significance of this.

To me prosecuting whistleblowers, spying on journalists, threatening to jail a NYT reporter has a much more chilling effect on freedom of the press than an attention whore getting press pass pulled. This is nothing.  Like I said, Surly should start an Acosta GoFundMe

Edited by GRHorn

50 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Forget about Acosta. This cool with y’all defending the WH?

19 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I know there's a lot shit going on and my math skills aren't the best, but 2 + 2 is still 4.

Sure seems obvious as hell he colluded with the AG's chief of staff to oust him and then go after Mueller.  And go public and blatantly deny and lie about it.   I know, Mr. Obvious here, but that's what is happening right in front of our face.

29 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He routinely makes a scene of things. Would you dispute that?

28 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's only a scene because the president responds like a child. Jim Acosta is good at his job.

This.  Can you imagine how Trump would have handled this question?  Can we even fathom these days that this was considered "slamming" a journalist for a "disrespectful" question?   That was a world of sanity, where a president could express anger and still be presidential.  Notice how he went on to actually answer the question?  How can anyone defend the current fuckstick in office with the shit he pulls?  Even if you want to argue that Acosta is a problem, how is Trump's response acceptable from the president of the fucking United States?  He spread a doctored video and falsely accused him of "assaulting" a female intern for fuck sake!  How is that fucking okay!

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

They both make things a scene. The difference is that it’s Trump’s show.  Acosta can’t kick Trump out, but the opposite could, and did, happen. 

So you’re ok with the admin lying and putting forth obviously doctored video? You might be ok with Acosta being booted (there is a valid argument there based on his overall behavior) but are you okay with the government lying to your face? Are you ensuring that or merely condoning it by looking the other way? Will you own it?

Edited by achooloco

Trump's imploding. The reason, he's losing his power from every direction. The tide has turned. And his hugeness is dwindling. 

He took a whipping in the house and now he's losing his senatorial victory propaganda in these contested areas where he focused his energies. Tester bested him, McCain's seat should go blue, he's posibly on the verge of losing one or even both of the big FL races, there might be a runoff in GA, Beto crushed him in down ballot races etc...

He can't argue his critical importance to the GOP anymore. He won't have his confirmation comfort zone any more. Mueller is closing in, Pelosi's on the horizon and Mitch McConnell has to work with her to pass anything. No longer is Trump der Fuhrer.

Now he's a crazy man in a Twitter bunker worried about post DDay, post Stalingrad border invasions. And he's low on oil. Even the Keystone Pipeline is cutting him off, with a glorious irony.

I'm not a crook is written all over his fat face as he helicopters off to France.

And France doesn't extradite. Thank goodness for that! It was where Hitler was happiest too.

Don't come back, Donald. Please oh please DO NOT COME BACK.

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

This.  Can you imagine how Trump would have handled this question?  Can we even fathom these days that this was considered "slamming" a journalist for a "disrespectful" question?   That was a world of sanity, where a president could express anger and still be presidential.  Notice how he went on to actually answer the question?  How can anyone defend the current fuckstick in office with the shit he pulls?  Even if you want to argue that Acosta is a problem, how is Trump's response acceptable from the president of the fucking United States?  He spread a doctored video and falsely accused him of "assaulting" a female intern for fuck sake!  How is that fucking okay!

Obama was much smarter and more cool than Trump. He got back at the press in other ways ...by spying and seizing records.  All Trump does is be rude to them on Twitter.

Edited by AtticusFinch

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Ah, I forgot what it was like to have a President think about what he is going to say before he speaks. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Have we determined who Agent47 is?  Sometimes seems legit, sometimes seems like a troll, sometimes seems like a Russian.  Can't figure it out.

I'm really pissing off the ass clown right wingers. Which ismy intention. Seriously, what a bunch of babies. They can dish it out but they can't fucking take it.

What a load of shit stain bitches they are.

I must be on some bat signal for negging because they're suddenly obsessed with me.

These neggers are everywhere.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, retread said:

The intern accosted him, but don't let the facts get in the way of the R narrative.

The sad thing is that she didn't do anything untoward, either.  She was told to get the mic and she tried.  He reacted in surprise.  No bruises were involved, nobody argued, it was just a quick interaction and they both backed off.

But the right wing media would have us believe Acosta pulled out a police baton and beat her about the head and shoulders.  And they the WH tried to prove that case by releasing a doctored video.

I feel bad for the intern.  I kinda feel bad for Acosta, but he's a grown man and he's well prepared for this kind of shit.   The whole thing is a truly a giant Nothingburger (TM) but of course political hay must be made .  . . so off we go.  

• Like 3