Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

That pesky First Amendment gets in the way.

Not sure I follow. 

I'm not saying the US should ban political parties...just that when voting people would choose ideas over "team". 

Right now you basically have a binary choice because the GOP and Dems have made people believe those are the only options.  You're either with us or against us.

Sometimes I vote Dem, Sometimes I vote R, and sometimes I vote Indie, but I always vote for a candidate, not a party.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Not sure I follow. 

I'm not saying the US should ban political parties...just that when voting people would choose ideas over "team". 

Right now you basically have a binary choice because the GOP and Dems have made people believe those are the only options.  You're either with us or against us.

Sometimes I vote Dem, Sometimes I vote R, and sometimes I vote Indie, but I always vote for a candidate, not a party.

Ah.

I'm a little different, I don't always vote for a Democrat, but I never vote for a Republican. 

#TheResistance: "DONALD TRUMP IS KEEPING CHILDREN IN CAGES!!!!"
Left: "You're right, that's terrible. We need to ensure that asylum seekers have safe, quick, and easy access to legal citizenship in this nation."
#TheResistance: "Uh... deportation is fine, we'll just keep doing that."

#TheResistance: "THERE ARE TOO MANY BILLIONAIRES!"
Left: "You're right, that's terrible. We need to institute generational wealth taxes and dramatically increase wealth and income taxes on the 0.1%."
#TheResistance: "Uh... let's... uh... be mad online instead."

• Haha 1

Just now, DiceHands said:

This is such horse shit/

He spent that entire press conference yesterday saying he believed putin.

Him changing would to wouldnt makes ZERO FUCKING SENSE.

It makes perfect sense. He is an idiot and he is controlled by whatever he's told last. The press conference yesterday was after a private meeting with Putin. Today's is after a private meeting with American advisors.

He is a gullible idiot. He should not be allowed under any circumstances to meet in private with any foreigner.

6 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Im sure he just misspoke 3 fucking times.  Once with putin, once on twitter and once on hannity.

This is a fucking farce.  If republicans come out believing this shit, we are fucked.  This country is doomed. Its time to bail.  

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

LOL, yeah im sure he just misspoke.  Give me a fucking break.  This is his excuse?

My people came to me, Dan Coates, came to me and some others they said they think it's Russia. I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia.

I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be.

8 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Im sure he just misspoke 3 fucking times.  Once with putin, once on twitter and once on hannity.

This is a fucking farce.  If republicans come out believing this shit, we are fucked.  This country is doomed. Its time to bail.  

Who among us doesn't misspeak at a press conference a few feet from the Russian president about not believing U.S. intelligence agencies?  And then wait a day to correct the somehow accidentally treasonous statement?

Edited by lemonlime
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, see, he was tired from his tough negotiations with our foes in the European Union and NATO who are treating the US unfairly and not paying their fair share. 

Speaking of NATO, another underappreciated aspect of yesterday was Dotard praising the president of Finland for their support during the NATO meetings... spoiler, Finland isn't in NATO.

But, hey, 57 states, amiright?

• Like 1

What he should've said was "I will believe it was Russia that interfered with our election after I see the server and Hillary's emails". Because that is entirely what it comes down to. He doesn't believe the FBI because he thinks they aren't treating him fairly. Because that's all that matters, how he's being treated. 

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I don't know if this is true but I assume it is because it is based on what should be the foundation of every analysis of Trump moving forward. He is pathological. A wise man had this to say yesterday:

22 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The issue is that he's not a narcissist in the sense that the term is often used against self-centered jerks. He is literally a full-blown narcissist who cares about nobody but himself. It doesn't matter if it was Putin or Chavez. The actual political leanings don't matter. Whoever got the dirt on him then told him they could help him consolidate power because he's super awesome was going to be able to control him.

You and many others just thought he was a sort of off-putting ass. No, he has a serious pathology.

2 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Wonder which of his aides convinced him to do the 180? Kelly? Huckabeef?

Probably neither.  When Fox and Friends openly questioned it this morning, he decided he had better try to smooth this over as best he could.  Then he ad-libbed onto his prepared statements.

• Like 2

As someone else pointed out on Twitter. This is just like the "both sides" press conference where he gave his true feelings, got torched, and then walked it back the next day. His true feelings were yesterday. Today is damage control and it will work because the ends justify the means. 

^yep. It's not like it was a one-off two years ago. Their attacks are ongoing.

I'll bet Putin asked him mock questions during their meeting so he would know what to say to the press. Gotta be prepared.

Edited by retread

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Probably neither.  When Fox and Friends openly questioned it this morning, he decided he had better try to smooth this over as best he could.  Then he ad-libbed onto his prepared statements.

Nice - didn't see FF turn on him too. 

Tried to take some time off to work on my dissertation, but after yesterday and today, I can't. 

First off, I have both a bachelors and masters in Communication.  Just the nonverbal alone was killing me yesterday, and just right now in this "statement."  If you have to read from a script that you trust your intelligence agencies and you forgot a certain word, then right off the bat it's a fucking joke.  The lack of eye contact didn't help.  

I just don't know how certain people are still supporting this dude.  Wait, yes, yes, I do. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

You could argue that it makes sense, but is a trivial difference.  "I have no reason to believe it would be" and "I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be" are not contradictory statements.  He could have no reason to believe either conclusion.  Followed by "I have confidence in both parties" is clearly a statement that he believes both Putin and US intelligence, which is impossible.   

His voters didn't need anything smoothed over. Only the furrowed-brow Republicans in DC and the media class give a shit about any of this. The mainstream Republican voter either isn't paying attention or had no problem with it.

This is such a farce on basically every "side".

Script: "I accept the conclusion of the IC"

Off Script: "Or it could have been other people" - which is NOT what the IC concluded. 

He literally contradicted himself within two sentences, one was written for him by his aides, the other came from his heart.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

His voters didn't need anything smoothed over. Only the furrowed-brow Republicans in DC and the media class give a shit about any of this. The mainstream Republican voter either isn't paying attention or had no problem with it.

This is such a farce on basically every "side".

His base agrees with Trump, as Texags showed us yesterday the majority of them trust Putin over the FBI/CIA/NSA. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

He simply cannot say that he thinks Russia was behind the election meddling.   Can't even read it off a sheet of paper. 

betting his deal with Vlad is to keep denying it because the second he doesn't whatever leverage they have will probably be used

• Like 1