Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

12 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

I would say that Rand Paul is probably not thrilled with that, but fuck that guy.

I guess we're off to the races for today...

Rand going to learn all too soon, with a few lessons already under his belt, that you don't try to stroke the shortcoming of somebody with a severe and malignant personality disorder.  The only self-preserving play is to create distance. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Yep.  The retiring GOP senators can easily say that they think the next Senate should decide based on the American vote in November.   I would say that Flake is the most likely as he seems to be interested in running for President.  He's gambling with that move as it's never easy to take on a siting PResident.   Calculated risk.

Maybe if the pick were Judge Judy or some oddball, but he has no shot in the GOP primary if he blocks a qualified Republican like Kavanagh. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

Rand going to learn all too soon, with a few lessons already under his belt, that you don't try to stroke the shortcoming of somebody with a severe and malignant personality disorder.  The only self-preserving play is to create distance. 

So true. 

39 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ha.  Love the sugar they are trying to feed the President by telling him he screwed up.  "It's not his fault.  Days and days of intense meetings in Europe didn't give him time to prepare."

Low energy. Sad!

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I actually kind of agree with this?

His 30% support is based on the racist/nationalist shit.  Those working class white union households focused on ECONOMIC ANXIETY in the midwest would have stayed home if he had a D next to his name instead, but also was pro-abortion and pro-gay marriage.

He and his advisors figured out that the R party was there for the taking.  That's all it was.

100%.  Not giving the party a pass.  At all. Hell I left em.  

Just finished breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express in Snyder, TX.  Fox News was on the TV.  I thought about asking them to change the station to any legitimate news channel, just for the lulz, but decided to observe instead.  They were showing some criticism of dotus.  The olds seemed confused.  Biker guy (who I would bet a few bucks served at some point in his life) looked a little surly.  The browns seemed indifferent.  

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

100%.  Not giving the party a pass.  At all. Hell I left em.  

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to look at the birther shit and the racist crap spewed at Obama for someone to have said "how do we channel this into getting our guy elected? Oh, I've got it! We say the racist stuff out loud as loud as we can by hiding it behind nationalism and economic anxiety!" And it worked.

9 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Not just now, but moving forward.

If someone's problem with Trump is what he says to/about Russia or his lack of decorum, then there is no actual reason to change.

If you look at Trump's policies and his actual actions as the leader of the executive, he's a GOP dream. Take all of his policies and real actions as president and put them in the body of a politically correct white guy (Huntsman, Kasich, Romney, etc...) and many of the same people bemoaning the state of our nation are as happy as pigs in shit.

The only way a conservative is going to be genuinely useful past the reactionary 2018 mid-terms is if they truly begin to question the fundamental underpinnings of their worldview; if they truly begin to question how their brand of political ideology culminated in the election and largely-successful-in-terms-of-policy-implementation reign of Donald Trump.

Conservative converts who cannot articulate a genuine critique of our neoliberal capitalist state are just going to switch back to Gingrich-worship the second the GOP figurehead reaches the barest level of social and political acceptability.

This is nonsense.   It’s only true if you define conservativism to be the idiocy that we see right now.  William Buckley would be treated as an alien from another galaxy if he walked into a GOP convention today. 

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

This is nonsense.   It’s only true if you define conservativism to be the idiocy that we see right now.  William Buckley would be treated as an alien from another galaxy if he walked into a GOP convention today. 

Buckley was a white supremacist.  

39 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The hell is this even supposed to mean?

Even if you buy that the investigations led by the Republican-led House, Senate, and Special Counsel are partisan in nature, what does that have to do with the conclusions drawn by the national intelligence teams led by HIS appointees?

He's such a disingenuous moron.  

I honestly don't think he fully understands the difference.  He conflates the IC reports on Russia, Mueller's investigation (which isn't focused on him, remember, despite what he and those calling for Mueller's firing would have you believe), NYAG investigation all the time.  Some of it is on purpose to obfuscate.  Obviously.  But I truly do not think he sees them as the three separate things that they are.

3 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I honestly don't think he fully understands the difference.  He conflates the IC reports on Russia, Mueller's investigation (which isn't focused on him, remember, despite what he and those calling for Mueller's firing would have you believe), NYAG investigation all the time.  Some of it is on purpose to obfuscate.  Obviously.  But I truly do not think he sees them as the three separate things that they are.

This.  He can't understand that everything in the world, including Mueller and the IC community, does not revolve around him. 

58 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'd say McConnell's in a pickle too though.  He definitely wants to get a conservative justice on the court, but how can you allow a president who just committed treason to pick one? That's some bad optics.

You may have mistaken McConnell for someone who has a single ethical bone in his body. He has none. He'll have no problem pushing the vote through. 

• Like 1

Is there an R willing to go on record and support what they saw yesterday? We had a few show up earlier in the day yesterday after not watching the Helsinki footage and suggest it was much ado about nothing but they disappeared, presumably after actually watching what unfolded.

Any Trump supporters willing to put up a half-hearted defense of what we saw yesterday?

18 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

This.  He can't understand that everything in the world, including Mueller and the IC community, does not revolve around him. 

Has anyone in the press corps deigned to ask him whether he believes the IC reports and Russia and the Mueller investigation are the same?  I would expect 3 seconds of silence followed by several sentences with the words "rigged" and "witchhunt".  That would beg the follow up: "OK.  So you are saying the IC findings are a witchhunt?"

Eighty-five percent of Trump voters say the gang, which is frequently invoked by the Trump administration as a reason to increase border security, is a very serious or somewhat serious threat to the United States as a whole, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov survey.

A fair share of Trump voters say they are worried about being personally affected by MS-13. About half indicated they are worried a great deal or somewhat that they or a family member will fall victim to MS-13 violence.

n the U.S., MS-13 members commit violence that has garnered attention for its brutality. A federal grand jury recently indicted eight gang members in Dallas on charges that included machete attacks. But, as ProPublica noted, the gang tends to target a certain community, not the entire U.S. population. Its victims are largely immigrants, who themselves may be undocumented. 

Propaganda works!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/most-trump-voters-say-ms-13-is-a-threat-to-the-entire-us_us_5b490310e4b022fdcc594c5d?fnm

• Like 1

Imagine how gaudy this is going to be.  Possibly the most iconic paint job on any aircraft ever, and like everything in his sad life he's touched, he wants to fuck it up:

https://www.axios.com/trump-confirms-plan-repaint-air-force-one-4ef00a51-b4bf-46ff-b27d-61e914fad8d6.html

" said, 'I wonder if we should use the same baby blue colors?' And we're not. Air Force One is going to be incredible. It's gonna be the top of the line, the top in the world. And it's gonna be red, white and blue, which I think is appropriate."
— Trump to CBS' Jeff Glor

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Is there an R willing to go on record and support what they saw yesterday? We had a few show up earlier in the day yesterday after not watching the Helsinki footage and suggest it was much ado about nothing but they disappeared, presumably after actually watching what unfolded.

Any Trump supporters willing to put up a half-hearted defense of what we saw yesterday?

Had a guy at work just a few minutes ago tell me he would rather be Communist with Putin than have Democrats run the country. Told him that's some Commie shit bro and let the conversation go. Sad state of affairs up in Okie Land.

I enjoy Trump claiming that he's raised vast amounts of money for NATO, when none of the countries committed to any of the increased defense spending targets that he proposed. He seems to be taking their previously committed future progress towards the 2% threshold as his own work.

He's going to be hard at work today trying to unfuck the last few days of disastrous public appearances. In other words, he's going to be especially full of shit, even more than normal.

2 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Perhaps not, but the paint job may be done prior to then.  

Based on the pale white circles around his eyes, Trump knows all about paint jobs on jumbo body types. He's just the man for this mission.

• Like 4

In a poll of people I know, for the most part the remaining Trump supporters are people who aren’t as bright or informed as the people who hate Trump. The one exception is wealthy business people. I still know quite a few who are fairly bright and informed, but still either support Trump or don’t actively root against him. It’s weird.

8 minutes ago, WgnBrnr said:

Had a guy at work just a few minutes ago tell me he would rather be Communist with Putin than have Democrats run the country. Told him that's some Commie shit bro and let the conversation go. Sad state of affairs up in Okie Land.

Ronald Reagan rolled over in his grave yesterday.  The same people that want Ronald on the Rock! actively support a Communist dictator. The GOP has lost its goddamned mind.

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

In a poll of people I know, for the most part the remaining Trump supporters are people who aren’t as bright or informed as the people who hate Trump. The one exception is wealthy business people. I still know quite a few who are fairly bright and informed, but still either support Trump or don’t actively root against him. It’s weird.

Wealthy business people are the only people who can legitimately claim that their lives have changed for the better (at least financially) under Trump.  They are actually the only people I understand still supporting him.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Ronald Reagan rolled over in his grave yesterday.  The same people that want Ronald on the Rock! actively support a Communist dictator. The GOP has lost its goddamned mind.

He didn't roll over, he got yanked out of the grave and buttfucked on live TV in Helsinki.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

It’ll end worse than fucking the neighbor’s wife.

2 hours ago, maninblack said:

Right under our noses

058820c56b2107c1b33d3258420206ab.jpg

It’s not a pee tape.  That would just be humiliating.  Trump the narcissist who only cares about himself and boosting his self-perception acted against those irresistible instincts in meeting with Putin and getting on stage to be his bitch in front of the world.  Whatever konpromat exists — and there’s no longer any question it does — is far more serious. I’m guessing something that could result in significant jail time for him or one of his kids.  Maybe worse.  For him,  it wouldn’t take much jail to be a life sentence.

Edited by Goredho

9 minutes ago, Goredho said:

It’s not a pee tape.  That would just be humiliating.  Trump the narcissist who only cares about himself and boosting his self-perception acted against those irresistible instincts in meeting with Putin and getting on stage to be his bitch in front of the world.  Whatever konpromat exists — and there’s no longer any question it does — is far more serious. I’m guessing something that could result in significant jail time for him or one of his kids.  Maybe worse.  For him,  it wouldn’t take much jail to be a life sentence.

Ivanka sex tape with Putin.

10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Wtf?  How are his policies and political actions a GOP dream?  His fiscal policy?  His trade BS?  I could go on and on.

- Neil Gorsuch
- Brett Kavanaugh
- Tax cuts
- Widespread deregulation

I, also, could go on and on.

If it could have just as easily happened on the D side, why didn't it? He tossed a coin and it landed, coincidentally, on the elephant instead of the donkey?

No, the American conservative movement has gone down an obvious path that led it to this point. From Goldwater to Palin, you can trace the path to this presidency without much effort, regardless of what the more upper-crust conservatives want to believe.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Perhaps not, but the paint job may be done prior to then.  

We're just going to have to budget in repainting.  You just know whatever he picks will look like the coolest shit Jetrho and Cletus could put together for the dirt track.  It won't have flames down the side...well, maybe I shouldn't say that..

31 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I read some thick ass Reagan biography a few years ago and it talked a lot about the prep work that went into his meetings at Rejkjavik for the START treaty stuff.  Stuff as simple as Reagan's stamina and planning breaks were considered a big deal, let alone the mounds of information he needed to know.  And to see Trump just wing this thing was fucking embarrassing.  And sure enough, the unprepared guy got impaled on national tv.

50 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Imagine how gaudy this is going to be.  Possibly the most iconic paint job on any aircraft ever, and like everything in his sad life he's touched, he wants to fuck it up:

https://www.axios.com/trump-confirms-plan-repaint-air-force-one-4ef00a51-b4bf-46ff-b27d-61e914fad8d6.html

There is nothing I'm more sure of than Trump spends time thinking about what color to paint the fancy new airplane.

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I read some thick ass Reagan biography a few years ago and it talked a lot about the prep work that went into his meetings at Rejkjavik for the START treaty stuff.  Stuff as simple as Reagan's stamina and planning breaks were considered a big deal, let alone the mounds of information he needed to know.  And to see Trump just wing this thing was fucking embarrassing.  And sure enough, the unprepared guy got impaled on national tv.

My Republican Friends,

Please, next time, elect someone who is not suffering from dementia (Reagan) and who is not stupid (Dubya) and certainly not someone who is literally the dumbest person to ever hold the office (Trump). HW Bush at a minimum, please.

Sincerely,

The World

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

There is nothing I'm more sure of than Trump spends time thinking about what color to paint the fancy new airplane.

Sketches his ideas out in crayon, and then tears the paper into tiny bits for his staff to tape back together for the presidential library.

Edited by retread
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

- Neil Gorsuch
- Brett Kavanaugh
- Tax cuts
- Widespread deregulation

I, also, could go on and on.

If it could have just as easily happened on the D side, why didn't it? He tossed a coin and it landed, coincidentally, on the elephant instead of the donkey?

No, the American conservative movement has gone down an obvious path that led it to this point. From Goldwater to Palin, you can trace the path to this presidency without much effort, regardless of what the more upper-crust conservatives want to believe.

I actually don't think you can go on and on. That's about it judges, tax cuts and deregulation. Which is all fine and good, just sad that the GOP had to sell their soul to get them, and all 3 are unpopular with the majority of Americans. 

- tightening immigration (legal and illegal)
- banning Muslims
- increasing military spending
- strangling Obamacare

The tariffs are probably the only actual policy that the GOP faithful are upset about. Everything else is basically optics and decorum.

"But if you ignore everything on that long list... you're wrong!" lol

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1