Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

5 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Any truth to this? Says the paper was submitted to USC.

Yes, I'm sure the Trump Administration is screaming treason at the top of it's lungs about a letter that was actually written by a student at USC.  I'm sure a nutjob on the internet has this all figured out. 

11 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yes, I'm sure the Trump Administration is screaming treason at the top of it's lungs about a letter that was actually written by a student at USC.  I'm sure a nutjob on the internet has this all figured out. 

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:

Yeah, I'm sure someone with #BanIslam in their Twitter profile cracked the case.

11 minutes ago, Lurch said:

What do you think?

Just checking to see if anyone here has that software and can run it though and see. 

To me, it's strange to be an insider who is secretly pushing back against the admin, then brag about it in an op-ed.

Seems like it's just a setup really.

Is it just me or does politics seem like WWF RAW days where all the stories and games are just entertainment?

Just checking to see if anyone here has that software and can run it though and see. 
To me, it's strange to be an insider who is secretly pushing back against the admin, then brag about it in an op-ed.
Seems like it's just a setup really.
Is it just me or does politics seem like WWF RAW days where all the stories and games are just entertainment?

You’re being conned. The red Xs are a tell before even reading the tweet.
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lurch said:

The MAGA crowd still doesn’t understand this is real life with real consequences.  Thousands in Puerto Rico dead because of the gross negligence of this administration.  Thousands of kids kidnapped from their parents arms because of this regime’s cruelty.

This isn’t a game.

This isn’t WWF.

This is the America they have chosen.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Lurch said:

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

yea, the red Xs are all I need to not even bother reading. 

So, you aren't curious enough to see if she's lying about Plagiarism machine results because her twitter profile? I don't do twitter, is her profile a russian bot or something?

What are the red Xs? what does that mean?

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The MAGA crowd still doesn’t understand this is real life with real consequences.  Thousands in Puerto Rico dead because of the gross negligence of this administration.  Thousands of kids kidnapped from their parents arms because of this regime’s cruelty.

This isn’t a game.

This isn’t WWF.

It's a game to them because they don't feel any of these impacts both DIRECTLY and IMMEDIATELY.  I mean, they'll feel some of them (tariffs), but neither directly nor immediately.  So, MAGA!

This isn’t a game.
This isn’t WWF.

Well the thing about what you’re saying is those aren’t white people.

Just now, Zavala said:

So, you aren't curious enough to see if she's lying about Plagiarism machine results because her twitter profile? I don't do twitter, is her profile a russian bot or something?

The New York Times publishes a piece written by an anonymous author.

The Trump administration reacts as if the piece is legitimate.

Some random twitter user says it's faked.

The fact that you seemingly instinctively believe the third over the first two says so much about you.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This isn’t a game.

This isn’t WWF.

What does the World Wildlife Fund have to do with any of this?

Just now, Chuckie Finster said:
The New York Times publishes a piece written by an anonymous author.

The Trump administration reacts as if the piece is legitimate.

Some random twitter user says it's faked.

The fact that you seemingly instinctively believe the third over the first two says so much about you.

^ That last sentence is why we are doomed to go down w the Trumpers.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Unfortunately, questioning the source is a necessity these days as a first level filter.  If I see Alex Jones, my brain moves on to the next topic.  That's what these people equate to.

If someone worthwhile makes a similar claim, we can discuss.

5 minutes ago, retread said:

Talk about a convoluted argument against Russian collusion ...

I will say this, the op-ed and Woodward book have turned out to be a great distractions that have drawn Trump’s attention away from Jeff Sessions, Mueller, Bruce Ohr, etc.

He can’t focus as much energy on obstructing justice now because he has to deal with this shit.

Still probably time for golf tho

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, retread said:

Reading Graham's statement, Daddy Putin must have the goods on him too.

Something has happened with Graham.  He was a vocal opponent of Trump, until one day they went golfing, and all of a sudden, he's Trump's bottom bitch.  He must've been shown some highly compromising pics/docs.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

The Op-ed writer is not anonymous to the NYT.

No way they publish that without a face to face with the writer.

It will come out soon enough believe me.

You can try, but you won't find him. You know what the Op-ed writer did the first seventeen of his twenty-six years in the Corps?   Counterintelligence.  Op-ed writer is gone.

There is no Op-ed writer.

• Like 2

Just now, Chad Fuck said:

Something has happened with Graham.  He was a vocal opponent of Trump, until one day they went golfing, and all of a sudden, he's Trump's bottom bitch.  He must've been shown some highly compromising pics/docs.  

Graham is a great politician, this needs to be acknowledged first.  Like Sessions, he’s not a great person but he’s a master at playing the game.  Graham has made a calculation that becoming more loyal to Trump is in his best interests.  Why that is I have no idea.

However, as America and more people turn on POTUS, Trump will be looking to draw his loyalists with political power closer and closer.  Graham’s stock is rising. Perhaps he thinks he can get in Trump’s inner circle and exploit that for his own political gain. 

2 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

You can try, but you won't find him. You know what the Op-ed writer did the first seventeen of his twenty-six years in the Corps?   Counterintelligence.  Op-ed writer is gone.

There is no Op-ed writer.

"Op-Ed Writer does want a deal and does want immunity. He wants you to know that he is proud both of what he has done and what he is doing."

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Graham is a great politician, this needs to be acknowledged first.  Like Sessions, he’s not a great person but he’s a master at playing the game.  Graham has made a calculation that becoming more loyal to Trump is in his best interests.  Why that is I have no idea.

However, as America and more people turn on POTUS, Trump will be looking to draw his loyalists with political power closer and closer.  Graham’s stock is rising. Perhaps he thinks he can get in Trump’s inner circle and exploit that for his own political gain. 

All of this. And in the current iteration of the Republican party he is absolutely correct in his decision. Just look at McCain, Flake and Corker becoming persona non grata in the GOP as soon as they show backbone and stood up for our Country. If Graham stood up to Trump and became principled and didn't hide his intellectualism, his base would disown him. He prefers power to respect and dignity. It's a corrupting force. 

Edited by Lagunamadre

I don't disagree with any of what you say, Hugo.  Nor is any of it contrary to what I said.  

The timing of it just strikes me as odd.  Graham is as anti-Trump as he can be.  One day, he goes golfing with Trump.  Comes back pro-Trump.

Really the question is the "what" of what persuaded him.

imho, it is not the normal political forces at work here with Graham -- i.e. getting re-elected is the only thing that matters. The vast majority of the R caucus in Congress has gone completely silent, and some even make excuses for DOTUS' behavior. This is not normal. Somebody has damning evidence of their corruption and possibly their criminality. 

Edited by retread
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Let me guess...you aren’t saying that the op-ed was written by the USC student.  You are “just asking questions”, right?

So, are you saying that some USC student came to the NYT, said, Hi, my name is...and this is an op-ed I wrote...and then the NYT published the article written by a college student, pretending to be a senior WH official?

Edited by scottsins