Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

See, once the stolen goods have been placed in the stream of commerce, they MAGICALLY become "not stolen property," so you can totally traffic in those goods.

That's, like, the law everywhere!  That's why I have my buddy steal the TVs from the truck, then he sells them to a guy who has a legit booth every Saturday at the flea market.  I'm not buying a stolen TV, I'm just buying a TV from a licensed flea market vendor -- TOTALLY LEGIT!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Well yeah, America has fucked up a lot of countries. Libya, Iraq, Vietnam etc. Mission Accomplished I guess.

Well, being that our wheelhouse is "fucking countries up," you gotta hand it to Trump following through on a campaign slogan -- AMERICA FIRST!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

It’s hysterical  to think back to the morons around here defending that dipshit Palin.  I thought that was as stupid as they could get,  but here are and now they are cheering on someone dumber, Trump.   Idiots 

Speaking of. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/78176-IF-it-s-Palin-versus-Obama-in-2012-who-are-you-voting-for?highlight=Palin

Tahoe nails the current support for Trump, to a tee. Pathetic  and Swam makes a fool of himself. 

For those scared to venture to shaggy, here is Tahoe’s first postin the thread, who would you vote for in 2012,Obama or Palin....

I voted for Palin (with great trepidation) in this poll. I don't know if she'd be better than Obama (an easy bar to jump but ...) or not. But if she's Prez she's accompanied by a huge GOP apparatus which is far more important than the Prez, and the GOP apparatus is much better than the Dem one. Consider the Justice Dept, the EPA, the DOE, the court appointments and on and on. This apparatus, not the Prez really run the government. And even though the Prez appoints these folks, they are really appointed by the party machinery. Presidents don't pick a federal judge in Alabama; they call GOP people in Alabama and get their thinking, which usually carries the day.

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

GWB was a war criminal in the eyes of many on the left.  Until he pass a candy to michelle. Totally redeemed. What a world.   

Bush should be in jail for war crimes. He was a disaster of a president. He's partly responsible for paving the way for Trump. His administration foreshadowed much of what Trump is taking and turning up to 11. 

He's still a better man than Trump. He would never defend Nazis, for example. 

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Bush should be in jail for war crimes. He was a disaster of a president. He's partly responsible for paving the way for Trump. His administration foreshadowed much of what Trump is taking and turning up to 11. 

He's still a better man than Trump. He would never defend Nazis, for example. 

Of course Bush is a better man than Trump.  That's not a particularly high bar. And Trump is building upon Obama's policies almost as much as he is Bush's. But all you have to do to right the broad perception among the  masses apparently is pass a candy to lady with a horse throat. Its all good. We have a short and pathological partisan political memory. #deathspiral

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Of course Bush is a better man than Trump.  That's not a particularly high bar. And Trump is building upon Obama's policies almost as much as he is Bush's. But all you have to do to right the broad perception among the  masses apparently is pass a candy to lady with a horse throat. Its all good. We have a short and pathological partisan political memory. #deathspiral

* hoarse 

• Like 1

So all it takes to right the incorrect perception that Bush is an evil man is a decade of aging/gaining maturity and the very public deeds of an actually evil man?

I know you're always looking for a way to mock the left, but you are way off-base here. It looks to the rest of us like those people developed some perspective. 

GWB was a war criminal in the eyes of many on the left.  Until he pass a candy to michelle. Totally redeemed. What a world.   

Yeah not so much. Still think he's a dumbass that lied us into Iraq and did a lot of other shitty things that I am not going to forget, but he does have some redeeming qualities. I don't hate the man. I didn't hate Scalia. Disagreed with them,  cussed them, and did my best to fight against them. Bush did more to improve my opinion of him when I heard the story of the mom that lost a son and had the chance to confront him. She tore him a new one and he stood there and took it. She finally was out of words and broke down in tears. He hugged her. He's not evil incarnate. He might actually be a pretty good guy. Shit like passing a candy in church is him without the layers of PR. Just himself. 

• Like 3

Just now, suddenly shaggy said:

So all it takes to right the incorrect perception that Bush is an evil man is a decade of aging/gaining maturity and the very public deeds of an actually evil man?

I know you're always looking for a way to mock the left, but you are way off-base here. It looks to the rest of us like those people developed some perspective. 

Oh no. I am mocking Bush still to this day.  To the extent that I mock the left on this specific issue it is largely because they totally abandoned their Stop War Now! platform the minute a Democrat was in office, and then proceed to elevate the former war criminal Bush to some stupid fucking status cause he made friends with Michelle and painted some dogs in water color, and now passes her candy at a funeral. Meanwhile their darling Hillary was a fucking hawk ass neocon just like Bush, and there is little doubt that she would be itching to deploy her cruise missles on brown people just about every chance she could get. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Oh no. I am mocking Bush still to this day.  To the extent that I mock the left on this specific issue it is largely because they totally abandoned their Stop War Now! platform the minute a Democrat was in office, and then proceed to elevate the former war criminal Bush to some stupid fucking status cause he made friends with Michelle and painted some dogs in water color, and now passes her candy at a funeral. Meanwhile their darling Hillary was a fucking hawk ass neocon just like Bush, and there is little doubt that she would be itching to deploy her cruise missles on brown people just about every chance she could get. 

Idk, you are kinda making HilDog sound awesome.

Ok, so what were the Democrats supposed to do? 

"Hey, y'all know we aren't leaving the ME any time soon right? This is Perpetual War that never ends."

What a winning message. 

22 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

bro im on benzos and booze today after getting my balls snipped.  cut me some slack. 

Ok then. Rock on my friend

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

Ok, so what were the Democrats supposed to do? 

They're gonna do the same fucking shit beholden to the MIC and the IC. Probably make less totally egregious fucking Iraq shoot ourselves in the face mistakes, but they serve the same fucking masters. 

Hey look, these fucking brown people ain't going bomb themselves while the American taxpayer foots the bill. Somebody has to step up their game. 

We’re about to be bombing some white people if things go bad. 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/07/politics/us-military-exercise-syria-russia/index.html

More than 100 US troops began an unexpected exercise in southern Syria on Friday in direct response to a series of Russian military threats, according to a US defense official. 

The exercise was detailed in a statement from the US Central Command but did not mention that the command ordered the exercise specifically after a September 1 warning from Russia that it was going to enter a restricted area of southern Syria where US troops are located, the official said.

The exercise, which may last for several days, involves US troops flying into the coalition's At Tanf garrison by assault helicopter and conducting live fire drills. 

"Our forces will demonstrate the capability to deploy rapidly, assault a target with integrated air and ground forces and conduct rapid exfiltration," said Capt. William Urban, the chief Central Command spokesman. The exercise is specifically designed for Russian and regime units in the area to see the activity and understand US capabilities, defense officials say.

Russia on Thursday, via a note, had warned the US for the second time it was going to attack the At Tanf area to go after militants there. But the second warning specified Moscow would use "precision strikes," according to Cmdr. Sean Robertson, a Pentagon spokesman. The use of the wording "precision strikes" in a written note to the US sparked alarm with US commanders that the Russians are signaling their intent to strike with aircraft firing precision weapons, or missiles launched from Russian ships in the Mediterranean, US defense officials tell CNN.

Attacking with those types of weapons in a specific campaign against the US protected area at At Tanf would be a significant escalation in the sporadic violence in the area. The Pentagon has been unusually public in disclosing the potential Russian threat, in hopes that its statements will warn the Russians off the area.