Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

Well, yeah, she doesn't need universal health insurance, a living wage, affordable education or anything else she ran on.  She's not running for her though.  When Trump won, she won as well financially.  By this measure, Warren should be unstoppable but, wait, what?  She's an unlikeable bitch as well as is K. Harris?  Help me, I'm seeing a pattern.  

I’m glad someone said it. HC had some gaffs and she’s put her foot in her mouth often but any personal ambition she had is only on par with every man that ran (win or lose) for that office.

37 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm probably upper 2% and I'll be paying more tax, so no, I don't know what you're talking about.  It's a tax break for the extremely wealthy.

What do you consider extremely wealthy and are you using that term to mean annual income?

2%ers in annual income will be in the 200k-305k range.  If you pay more in taxes in 2018 than you did in 2017 you may want to get a second opinion.

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

My response to you is that you have to get your head around the idea that they are not deplorable, stupid, or naive (depending on your definition of course). They absolutely equivocate the misdoings of their opponents with anything that Trump has done (“hey nothing has been proven!”) and the economy is all they need to point to for backup that what we are dealing with now is better than the alternative. Classic example is my old boss, VP at a very successful tech company in Texas.

I’m actually surprised you haven’t run into a single case of this. It’s fucking fascinating.

I understand.  Trump can sodomize babies live on TV and they would be fine with that because - federal judges who hate abortion and librul tears.  There is a classic word for your old boss: "Deplorable" .  And "Stupid". And "Naive"   What is fucking fascinating is that you seem to see their behavior as somehow defensible.  What does your old boss think about siding with a pathological liar narcissist who is undermining the Free Press and the public's faith in our institutions?  Hell, Trump (and Evangelical support of Trump) has done more to hurt church involvement by the young than any army of gay atheists.   The moral bankruptcy of the Christian Right is pegged on"Hypocritical Judgmental Asshole" as a tone poem.  Good luck getting younger voters to buy into that culture.  This Trump era (80% said it was important to have a moral man as President when the negro was in charge, but now that Trump is POTUS, 80% don't think it important to have a moral man as President) smells like a body blow to new blood for organized religion.   Hating on the browns is not going to long term fill the pews, or to deal with Hispanic/Latino demographic reality.   And even if you ignore the attack on browns everywhere  as not "deplorable", it is certainly a politically stupid move, given the birth rates and demographics.

"Willfully ignorant"?  That is way too kind.  

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 5

Had a family event tonight.  I won’t tell you the exact description of the event for fear of losing my man-card.  My sister’s father-in-law at one point called Trump a good Christian man.  I rolled my eyes, and made sure he saw me rolling my eyes, and we left about 5 minutes later.  

• Like 2

Had a family event tonight.  I won’t tell you the exact description of the event for fear of losing my man-card.  My sister’s father-in-law at one point called Trump a good Christian man.  I rolled my eyes, and made sure he saw me rolling my eyes, and we left about 5 minutes later.  

Well, by your sis’s FIL’s definition of “Christian,” he’s right. Of course that definition is “defend the faith,” and by THAT he means “talk like a fighter for white ‘muricans.” Seriously...matching trump up against the gospels, well, fuck. It’s not even fair. He may be the farthest from a Christian leader I’ve ever seen in this country, and hell, I’m including Jewish leaders in that group.
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, troph said:

GTFO with that good Christian bullshit. Christ almighty. Wow.

It exists.  And it exists among people you would probably associate with without doing a deeper dive into their beliefs.  Shit, my uncle died a few months ago and Trump was mentioned in several of the eulogies.  In a positive manner.  That wasn’t the time or place to pick a fight, but I did make a few mental notes about folks whose opinions I will no longer pay attention to.  Evangelical Baptists suck.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Like 1

It exists.  And it exists among people you would probably associate with without doing a deeper dive into their beliefs.  Shit, my uncle died a few months ago and Trump was mentioned in several of the eulogies.  In a positive manner.  That wasn’t the time or place to pick a fight, but I did make a few mental notes about folks whose opinions I will no longer pay attention to.  Evangelical Baptists suck.

Alternate universe is alternate.

6 hours ago, troph said:

I’m glad someone said it. HC had some gaffs and she’s put her foot in her mouth often but any personal ambition she had is only on par with every man that ran (win or lose) for that office.

When a man does it, he's "tough." When a woman does it, she's a "bitch." 

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Hilary has always been a shrewd, power grasping person who will step on any person to get what they want.

If she had a penis, all those qualities would be seen as par for the course as a big time lawyer turned politician.

But given she has a vagina, she’s an unlikeable cunt who hasn’t learned her place.

Trump was and is 10 million times more unlikeable and morally repugnant with a shadier past and a frankly immoral personal life.

But somehow it was Hilary who got tagged as unlikeable and unrelatable.

No mystery how that happened.

Pussy may be undefeated but not if the woman attached to it dares to “act like a man”.

Another under appreciated quality of Hillary is she doesn’t play the victim like her male counterparts.  She could have raised holy hell after the election but she put the country first and realized the importance of that moment.

I cant imagine how difficult that must have been given everything we know now. 

8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Sounds like permission to cheat on said daughter.  Enjoy the consequence free adultery.  Make sure to keep him up to date on your escapades.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

In fairness, he’s actually one of the admin officials who typically WOULD spend time in Russia. That’s utterly consistent with the duties of the DOE.

Yes, but typically we would find out about his trip from our government/press first.

Instead, it’s the Kremlin’s media that breaks the story and our government has to verify. 

White House national security adviser John Bolton on Monday will reportedly label the International Criminal Court (ICC) "illegitimate" in an effort to push back on its plan to investigate alleged war crimes committed by Americans in Afghanistan.

Bolton is poised to make the announcement during remarks to the conservative group the Federalist Society, according to a draft of his speech obtained by Reuters

"The United States will use any means necessary to protect our citizens and those of our allies from unjust prosecution by this illegitimate court," Bolton is expected to say, according to the speech draft.

Bolton will threaten to sanction ICC judges if the proposal goes forward, the news service added. 

"We will not cooperate with the ICC," Bolton will say. "We will provide no assistance to the ICC. We will not join the ICC. We will let the ICC die on its own. After all, for all intents and purposes, the ICC is already dead to us." 

The intergovernmental organization is tasked with prosecuting perpetrators of genocide, crimes against humanity and war crimes.

Bolton will also announce the State Department's plan to close the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) office in Washington, D.C.  

"The Trump administration will not keep the office open when the Palestinians refuse to start direct and meaningful negotiations with Israel," Bolton is expected to say, according to a draft of his speech reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

The PLO has called on the ICC to open an investigation into alleged Israeli crimes, which Bolton will denounce, according to Reuters.

"We reiterate that the rights of the Palestinian people are not for sale, that we will not succumb to U.S. threats and bullying," Palestinian official Saeb Erekat said in a statement obtained by Reuters. "Accordingly, we continue to call upon the International Criminal Court to open its immediate investigation into Israeli crimes."

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/405818-bolton-to-label-international-criminal-court-illegitimate-report

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

It amazing that there are still people here tilting about how hillary wasnt a terrible fucking candidate. Sober up guys. /youfirst. 

13 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

She was a bad candidate however the “unlikable” moniker is made up bullshit. She’s a bad candidate because she was a neo-con who didn’t seem to steadfast in some of her positions. 

10 hours ago, troph said:

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Hilary has always been a shrewd, power grasping person who will step on any person to get what they want.

If she had a penis, all those qualities would be seen as par for the course as a big time lawyer turned politician.

But given she has a vagina, she’s an unlikeable cunt who hasn’t learned her place.

Trump was and is 10 million times more unlikeable and morally repugnant with a shadier past and a frankly immoral personal life.

Pussy may be undefeated but not if the woman attached to it dares to “act like a man”.

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

When a man does it, he's "tough." When a woman does it, she's a "bitch." 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yC7-JsR2Fk

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2017/march/trump-clinton-debates-gender-reversal.html

This Clinton stuff really doesn't belong in this thread. Having said that, people don't like Hillary Clinton because she's not likable. It's not a vast right wing conspiracy, and it's not because of sexism. As said up thread, she's like a female, Dem Ted Cruz. Yes, she's orders of magnitudes better than Donald Trump, but that is a pretty low standard.

10 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

2%ers in annual income will be in the 200k-305k range.  If you pay more in taxes in 2018 than you did in 2017 you may want to get a second opinion.

The cap on property tax deductions alone is a kick in the pants for a lot of people.  We'll see how it works out, but I'm sure not on board with trading a modest reduction in tax burden for selling out wholesale to a sworn enemy as well as destroying almost every social and cultural advance since WWII.

50 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

The cap on property tax deductions alone is a kick in the pants for a lot of people.  We'll see how it works out, but I'm sure not on board with trading a modest reduction in tax burden for selling out wholesale to a sworn enemy as well as destroying almost every social and cultural advance since WWII.

SALT cap hasn't been implemented yet, I thought.

10 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

no, no, no, you dont understand. see she had EMAILS on a private server. see. that takes care of THAT! next. 

11 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

I dont understand people that think this way. I was raised Baptist and am now a Lutheran. We attend church every Sunday with all of our kids and are active in our church leadership. Its clear to me as a Christian that Jesus would have no choice but to be a Democrat. He dedicated his whole life to serving the poor. To helping others less fortunate. He wasnt interested in material wealth or success. He wanted to help provide medical care to those who could not afford it. He traveled around the countryside giving speeches and educating the public. He literally lived and died for every single thing the Democrats stand for and are passionate about. Abortion? If you don't think Jesus would have led the way on improving sex education and adoption services so women wouldn't have to go through such an agonizing situation, then you don't know Jesus. 

Yeah, Jesus is/was a dirty liberal. To think otherwise would require one to deny every single message Jesus taught during his life. 

Do you understand prosperity gospel, bro?  Jesus wants me to GET MINE.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Its clear to me as a Christian that Jesus would have no choice but to be a Democrat.

It's clear to me that Jesus would not align with the Empire or any one of its parties.  He would align with people who follow and live his message.  Yes, I suspect He'd be outraged by those who try to use his name to provide some sort of holy shield for their personal views and actions, so I doubt he'd be a pal of the modern Evangelical GOP.  But that's still less a political position than it is a theological position on that particular heresy.

I think it's entirely irrelevant if you call yourself Christian, or if you run under that banner, or if other folks, agreeing with your politics, label you a good Christian.  You can label a box of shit "caviar" all day long, and it will remain a box of shit.  Christianity is a "Way."  You either endeavor to live by that Way, or not.  The Gospels aren't that complicated.  They are difficult as hell for us shallow, selfish human beings to really follow, but they're not particularly complicated or ambiguous.

In short, politically speaking, I don't much care whether you are a Christian. Odds are, if you really are one, and you really endeavor to follow the Gospels, I will admire you and your beliefs.  Also, odds are that if you loudly proclaim yourself as the Christian candidate, 1) you are not, and 2) I will find you a hypocritical loathesome toad.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's clear to me that Jesus would not align with the Empire or any one of its parties.  He would align with people who follow and live his message.  Yes, I suspect He'd be outraged by those who try to use his name to provide some sort of holy shield for their personal views and actions, so I doubt he'd be a pal of the modern Evangelical GOP.  But that's still less a political position than it is a theological position on that particular heresy.

I think it's entirely irrelevant if you call yourself Christian, or if you run under that banner, or if other folks, agreeing with your politics, label you a good Christian.  You can label a box of shit "caviar" all day long, and it will remain a box of shit.  Christianity is a "Way."  You either endeavor to live by that Way, or not.  The Gospels aren't that complicated.  They are difficult as hell for us shallow, selfish human beings to really follow, but they're not particularly complicated or ambiguous.

In short, politically speaking, I don't much care whether you are a Christian. Odds are, if you really are one, and you really endeavor to follow the Gospels, I will admire you and your beliefs.  Also, odds are that if you loudly proclaim yourself as the Christian candidate, 1) you are not, and 2) I will find you a hypocritical loathesome toad.

yeah well ok.... but... SHE.HAD.EMAILS!

Did i do that right?

Edited by Longhorn94

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Yeah, that's fine for Jesus and all, but I'm more concerned about their crazy voting habits fucking the rest of us.

yeah me too.

and to Brisket's point, of course Jesus wouldnt align himself either way. I was joking to make a point that if you truly follow Jesus's teachings its hard not to align with the causes more readily embraced by the Democrats. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat, and I agree with you (my preliminary tax calculations have our household north of $20k in tax not owed).

However, the original point posters were making was that many Trump supporters  are not necessarily racists, vile, etc.  They're only tuned in to the "modest reduction in tax burden".

10 hours ago, Nivek said:

Look more. It’s there

I'm picturing that video editing booth in "Boomerang"  I'm honestly not seeing it, but there's something of a shadow there suggesting something.  And you're the old black dude with the eyeglasses and cigar telling me, "It must be a nipple, 'cause I'm drooling..."    Still I did manage to work in a (admittedly subpar joke) about Kushner, Ivanka nipples, and Rosh Hashanah bit all wrapped in one.  That ain't easy to do with this freakin' administration.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm picturing that video editing booth in "Boomerang"  I'm honestly not seeing it, but there's something of a shadow there suggesting something.  And you're the old black dude with the eyeglasses and cigar telling me, "It must be a nipple, 'cause I'm drooling..."    Still I did manage to work in a (admittedly subpar joke) about Kushner, Ivanka nipples, and Rosh Hashanah bit all wrapped in one.  That ain't easy to do with this freakin' administration.  

UnhealthyAccurateArmyant-size_restricted

• Haha 1

Christianity at its core is quite simple. Love God completely. And love thy neighbors.

That’s the new covenant which should supersede the old covenant and all the Old Testament concepts evangelical like to cherry pick to justify hating the gays and browns. The mental gymnastics around this concept is insane.
  • Like 5

Just now, Born to Run said:

Christianity at its core is quite simple. Love God completely. And love thy neighbors.

That’s the new covenant which should supersede the old covenant and all the Old Testament concepts evangelical like to cherry pick to justify hating the gays and browns. The mental gymnastics around this concept is insane.

Bingo.  Two simple overarching laws.  Love God.  Love everyone else.  No exceptions.

Modern "Christianity" is all about trying to parse out exceptions.

• Like 1