Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

First, I have to admit to everyone that I've never assembled a Space Force and have no idea where to begin when one assembles a Space Force.  Second, in spite of my lack of experience with Space Force startups, I'm positive it would take more than $13 billion to get started on a halfway decent Space Force.  I haven't crunched the numbers on a Space Force, though.  I'm kind of just talking out of my ass on this whole Space Force thing.  I'm sure Donald Trump has a more coherent path than me when it comes to assembling a Space Force.  

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

First, I have to admit to everyone that I've never assembled a Space Force and have no idea where to begin when one assembles a Space Force.  Second, in spite of my lack of experience with Space Force startups, I'm positive it would take more than $13 billion to get started on a halfway decent Space Force.  I haven't crunched the numbers on a Space Force, though.  I'm kind of just talking out of my ass on this whole Space Force thing.  I'm sure Donald Trump has a more coherent path than me when it comes to assembling a Space Force.  

Step 1:

Start with Erin Gray:

tumblr_luxgkifuZZ1qkn223o1_500.jpg

Step 2: don't matter, I'm staying on step 1.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

it's a little weird. something about expensing excessive travel home to north carolina.

A senior administration official confirmed to CNN last week that there is an ongoing investigation includes, but may not be limited to, whether Long misused government vehicles and personnel for his six-hour drives between his home in North Carolina and FEMA headquarters in Washington, DC. Politico first reported the existence of the investigation.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Holy fuck.  He's literally ordering the disclosure of materials from an ACTIVE counter-intelligence operation.

That seems, umm, fucking nuts.

Yeah, I can’t express how dangerous this is without coming off over-reactionary.

Trump just singlehandedly made America less safe today.  

Because “witch hunt”

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

A senior administration official confirmed to CNN last week that there is an ongoing investigation includes, but may not be limited to, whether Long misused government vehicles and personnel for his six-hour drives between his home in North Carolina and FEMA headquarters in Washington, DC. Politico first reported the existence of the investigation.

Hm.  Too much personal use of the company car.  I guess we have to do something about it just because people will go crazy with expenses if they think they can.  If you go all Pruitt and act like you're the Pope with all the security in the world just so you can play make believe about your importance, that's one thing. It's wasteful and -- just as important -- embarrassing.  But if some head of a department ends up spending $20,000 extra on general fluffery, I don't really care.  You could budget $1M a year of our $3+ trillion whatever budget for this sort of thing and cover it all.  Just don't flaunt it.

2 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Hm.  Too much personal use of the company car.  I guess we have to do something about it just because people will go crazy with expenses if they think they can.  If you go all Pruitt and act like you're the Pope with all the security in the world just so you can play make believe about your importance, that's one thing. It's wasteful and -- just as important -- embarrassing.  But if some head of a department ends up spending $20,000 extra on general fluffery, I don't really care.  You could budget $1M a year of our $3+ trillion whatever budget for this sort of thing and cover it all.  Just don't flaunt it.

If this is really just about misuse of a company car it seems rather petty. Especially in this administration. Seems like the FEMA director should be able to have use of a government car at all times. Unless he custom ordered a gold plated ferrari or something. 

19 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, I can’t express how dangerous this is without coming off over-reactionary.

Trump just singlehandedly made America less safe today.  

Because “witch hunt”

While I generally agree, this is just the probable end result of him being president in the first place. 

In other words, the danger doesn’t just come from the release, it comes from him being the president in the first place, which he is and has been for almost two years. Everyone knew something like this was likely to come. 

The Russian backed and financed Trump crime syndicate wants to destroy the US as we know it. Our current president doesn’t want a democracy in which he is president, he wants a tolitatarian state in which he is dear leader supreme. Can anyone even deny that is the case? Trump says so himself. He’s just doing his job. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Manafort’s plea deal really tightened the noose. This is Trump telling us to fuck off and that there will be consequence to trying to take him down. 

Yes.  This is what a president waging war AGAINST the country looks like.

If you are a source/asset for any US intelligence agency, do you go to ground tonight, and cut off all ties with us?  I sure as fuck would.  DOTUS can and will reveal me to the world without warning, when he thinks it even MIGHT provide him a minute of political leverage.   The lesson here is clear: you are expendable.  If I were a foreign asset, the CIA would never hear from me again.

• Like 1

This is for damn sure not about Kavanaugh.  

Everytime Trump did something stupid, I figured he was scared.  

Bur this, this is him being utterly terrified.  

These are actions of a politically impotent and desperate man who knows he can’t fire Sessions or Mueller.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

Has DOJ released the documents yet? 
Is this going to be a stand off? 
Moreover, the ordering of the release of these documents could be added to the pattern of obstruction of justice, along the lines of witness tampering and intimidation.
Not to mention blatant abuse of executive power.

The y have to go through the declassification process which takes some time. Talking head said not tonight.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

The military says that illegal orders must not be followed. What’s the DOJ’s stance on that? Because I really have no idea. I would assume/hope its the same. We are in uncharted waters. 

The plan was to impeach Rosenstein.  The DAG refusing to follow the president’s orders could be a pretext for removal.

The military says that illegal orders must not be followed. What’s the DOJ’s stance on that? Because I really have no idea. I would assume/hope its the same. We are in uncharted waters. 

It’s not illegal. He can declassify any and everything.

Elections have consequences, indeed.

Half of the US population believed Obama was the worst president of our time and would vote Putin over Hillary.

The other half believes D Trump is the worst president in the history of the United States and threatens our very democracy.

And most everyone in our country believes those that dont agree with their views are stupid beyond belief (baby killing lib-tards vs Neo-nazi Trumpkins.)

It was NOT like this in the 90s and before. What caused the steady increase in seething hatred for the other side over the past 20 years ? The ease of access of information tailored to your views? I go to Fox news and CNN every day just to see how each side reports the news. It is easy to see that fear mongering and hatred sells and produces clicks and revenue for these sites and many others like them. I think this will continue until it goes too far. What is too far ? I dont know but unless it stops we are going to find out.

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This story conflicts with the “Lindsey Graham is compromised” theory.

Here’s the deal on Graham:  

I think Trump also latently respects there are some lines Graham will not cross. 

Heh heh heh you said "latently" and "Graham" in the same sentence, heh heh heh. 

42 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I hope that the evening talk shows are filled with former gov't officials from both parties talking about how bad this is. 

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Has DOJ released the documents yet? 

Is this going to be a stand off? 

Moreover, the ordering of the release of these documents could be added to the pattern of obstruction of justice, along the lines of witness tampering and intimidation.

Not to mention blatant abuse of executive power.

Trump is probably busy redacting them himself with that box of crayons he stole from the school he visited the other day. 

Yeah, so regarding the declassification I'm gonna go with "Good".  The primary negative aspect here is that Trump gets to selectively pick and choose whatever supports his chosen narrative.  I hope that someone goes rogue at the FBI and leaks broad documents and evidence related to the FISA system generally and this investigation specifically. I would prefer that Mueller wrapped up before this all goes down, but that ain't gonna happen. They ain't gonna read the American people in on the full picture. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1