Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, now.....THERE'S an interesting bet.  Who will hold their current job longer, DOTUS or Mensa?

Man.....that's gonna be a tough call.  What kind of action you think it will get?

If we are talking firing/impeachment - Tom gone first. 

But I say Tom lasts longer because Trump drops dead swinging a golf club at Mar-a-Lago next summer due to congestive heart failure after half a year of investigations by a Dem House reveal his tax returns 

Edited by Js1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, now.....THERE'S an interesting bet.  Who will hold their current job longer, DOTUS or Mensa?

Man.....that's gonna be a tough call.  What kind of action you think it will get?

This is the kind of gambling that brings out my inner degenerate.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

To add on to my Javanka theory:  the op-ed came immediately following the weekend of the McCain funeral which Javanka attended. 

Those speeches probably hit really close to home for both of them.  They saw what leadership looks like and were embarrassed to the point it inspired them to speak out against Trumpism, but not formally.

The NYT wouldn’t publish that op-ed if it came from one low level staffer.  It came from someone with well established rapport with the NYT high up in the administration.  

If you’ve read the Woodward book, you can see Jared pretty much runs shit behind the scenes.  He has put the kibosh on much of the outlandish shit the administration wanted to do and has the most influence in Trump’s inner circle, plus he is a democrat.

However, there were likely multiple motives in the op-ed too.

I've been considering picking up Woodward's book.  To make a clarification, I don't think it was a low-level staffer that presented the op/ed to the NYT.  I totally agree it would have to be a really big, plausible fish for them to run it.  So it would have to be someone like Javanka that presented it to them.

I just don't think the author/presenter is really part of some group of people in the administration whose motives are to protect America from the President.  If they were, and they were really seeking to protect America from Trump, the absolute last thing they would do is draw attention to themselves and others working towards the same goal.  There is still no good answer for why an anonymous protector of the Republic would go out of their way to damage their and others ability to 1) stay anonymous and 2) protect the Republic.

I could easily see the real motive being to help create the context where a wrongfully besieged President has the rightful justification to carry out a political purge of those seeking to undermine his presidency.  But that's speculation on my part tainted by my own internal reaction to the op/ed -- that a group in the government actively undermining the President is on par with the damage Trump himself is inflicting on America.  I know many others that would love nothing more than to see Trump leave office that reacted to the op/ed in the same way I did.

Anyway, would it really be unimaginable that Ivanka would deliver a story to the NYT and play a role to help Daddy triumph over the swamp creatures trying to tear him down and derail his good work?

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

If we are talking firing/impeachment - Tom gone first. 

But I say Tom lasts longer because Trump drops dead swinging a golf club at Mar-a-Lago next summer due to congestive heart failure after half a year of investigations by a Dem House reveal his tax returns 

I agree. A lot of things need to happen to remove Trump from office. The Dems need a big swing in 2018 in the House and Senate. Mueller needs to finish his report and then proceedings need to be started.

Herman just needs to crash the plane into the mountain this season. Based on the Tulsa game a 4 win season seems more probable than a Dem controlled Congress.

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So does he think that if he retweets enough stuff from FEMA and Red Cross,  Hurricane Center etc., everyone will believe that he's in charge of everything and will say how wonderfully he handled this crisis? He's up to around 20 so far today. 

I think the actual workers within the administration like to throw a lot of mindless hurricane shit at him to keep him occupied. Trump is such an ignoramus that he thinks these are the types of standard duties of a president. What he doesn't understand is, while the president is ultimately responsible for the performance of groups like FEMA, he's not expected to be participating (or appearing to participate) in the fucking daily tasks.

17 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So does he think that if he retweets enough stuff from FEMA and Red Cross,  Hurricane Center etc., everyone will believe that he's in charge of everything and will say how wonderfully he handled this crisis? He's up to around 20 so far today. 

Javanka took his phone so he wouldn’t draw his fans’ attention to the Manafort flip.  He desperately wants to rip into Manafort.  

Or they are worried he’ll make another Puerto Rican comment.  

DnDecSuV4AA6XSy?format=jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I think the actual workers within the administration like to throw a lot of mindless hurricane shit at him to keep him occupied. Trump is such an ignoramus that he thinks these are the types of standard duties of a president. What he doesn't understand is, while the president is ultimately responsible for the performance of groups like FEMA, he's not expected to be participating (or appearing to participate) in the fucking daily tasks.

I would not be surprised if they have some low-level staffers who are watching the Weather Channel and making up briefings for him every half-hour.  Just printing maps off of Weather.com and presenting them to him as FEMA briefings.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yes.

8 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Maybe they’ve finally stumbled upon how to best neutralize his insanity.  Pick some mundane item that people 30 rungs down the org chart are handling as ordinary business and let him think he’s “managing” it and that he can take credit for it as some kind of great example of leadership.

”Got an update for you America on another very big, very important accomplishment of mine.  We are right on schedule with the resurfacing of Interstate 20 in Texas and Arizona.  New Mexico ... SAD!  But they voted for Hillary.  Big beautiful trucks will ride smooth on my watch. MAGA”

”Nation - ICE, which is tremendous unlike the crooked FBI, just had a terrific bake sale in Cedar Rapids.  Raised lots of money for our heroes in blue - I chose the menu!”

Hell if I was working at the White House this is exactly what I would do. 

6 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Best and conservative values

Nikki Haley spent over $52K in State Department money on curtains https://nyp.st/2D6xBp1 via @nypost

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Your GOP. 

5 hours ago, Gooby said:

"Plans to buy the curtains were made during the Obama administration"  OK.  Let's see where this takes us.

"The installation took place from March to August last year, during Haley’s tenure as ambassador, the paper said."  Hmmm.  "Last year" was 2017

"The State Department spent the curtain cash during a hiring freeze and funding cuts under former Secretary Rex Tillerson."  This just gets curiouser and curiouser.  Rex Tillerson wasn't Secretary under Obama.

"Haley is the first UN ambassador to live in the building after a Chinese company purchased the Waldorf-Astoria and the State Department deemed it unfit due to security concerns."   The Waldorf was bought by a Chinese company in 2014

So if I'm to believe this bullshit, the Obama administration...who was out of office on January 20, 2017...ordered curtains for an apartment that they somehow knew would be occupied by a Trump cabinet member.  Now, I'm no high-end window covering expert, but it seems to me that at least some of the payment...if ordered by the Obama administration...would have been made during the Obama administration, and not when there's a hiring freeze and spending cuts imposed under someone who NEVER WORKED FOR OBAMA.

These people are so full of shit, their eyes are brown.

btw, the original article has been corrected, though the url hasn't

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/13/us/politics/nikki-haley-curtains.html

Editors’ Note: September 14, 2018

An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials. The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed.

P.S. I think what I just did will soon be illegal in Europe. So if you're in Europe please don't read the above.

Edited by Viper

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

btw, the original article has been corrected, though the url hasn't

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/13/us/politics/nikki-haley-curtains.html

P.S. I think what I just did will soon be illegal in Europe. So if you're in Europe please don't read the above.

These kind of stories are stupid. We're the United States, our UN Ambassador's NYC apartment is presumably used for entertaining visiting government officials and diplomats, it shouldn't be filled with a bunch of IKEA furniture.  

Edited by Lagunamadre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

These kind of stories are stupid. We're the United States, our UN Ambassador's NYC apartment is presumably used for entertaining visiting government officials and diplomats, it shouldn't be filled with a bunch of IKEA furniture.  

Or maybe they were bullet-proof, sound dampened CIA curtains.  Who the fuck knows. 

31 minutes ago, Red Five said:

He really needs to start drinking now.

Serious question that maybe has already been stated somewhere... why does he not drink? Health reasons, recovering, personal choice? I don't really care if he does or doesn't, it just surprises me that he doesn't.

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Serious question that maybe has already been stated somewhere... why does he not drink? Health reasons, recovering, personal choice? I don't really care if he does or doesn't, it just surprises me that he doesn't.

Think about what a gigantic asshole he is while sober. Can you imagine how insufferable he'd be if he ever got drunk?

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Alcoholic brother named Fred, I believe.

Edit.  Who passed away a drunk at 43.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I think I read somewhere it had to do with him seeing what it did to his brother, who died of alcoholism.

Edited by Tom

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I mean the mother fucker lies every time he opens his mouth. The fact that he often said he's never been a drinker probably means he's got captain morgan in his diet cokes every day. Honestly, it would explain a lot. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I wondered if there was a question of the use of Latinx. Yep. There is. 

I do not care what you want to call yourself in ethnic terms. There are ones you can use in your ethnic groups that I cannot. That's a fact borne out in countless firings and visits to the HR office. I am happy to use whatever term is the most widely accepted and will catch me the least amount of backlash. I suspect the x is there to remove any gender connotations. 

Oriental used to be ok.  

Oriental still is okay among the older generation and those fresh in from, well, the Orient. You see it used all the time in Houston's Chinatown. I really don't know how that one came to have a negative connotation, as all it means is "Eastern," as opposed to "Occidental," which means Western. 

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

I mean the mother fucker lies every time he opens his mouth. The fact that he often said he's never been a drinker probably means he's got captain morgan in his diet cokes every day. Honestly, it would explain a lot. 

Joe Rogan has a theory on his podcast that he's still addicted to speed, which apparently he abused at some point in the 1980s or 1990s when it was prescribed to him as a weight loss drug.

6 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

This is a good point. He does have the face of a long time drinker. If you go by the axiom that everything trump says is either a lie or flat out wrong then he’s probably a drunk. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This is a good point. He does have the face of a long time drinker. If you go by the axiom that everything trump says is either a lie or flat out wrong then he’s probably a drunk. 

I'm far from a Trump apologist; in fact, if he is a drunk, I couldn't give a shit.  But in all the photos of him taken over all the years, at events where booze is....you never see him with a drink.

Either he's super diligent about hiding the sauce, or he truly is dry.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm far from a Trump apologist; in fact, if he is a drunk, I couldn't give a shit.  But in all the photos of him taken over all the years, at events where booze is....you never see him with a drink.

Yeah I really have no idea and it really doesn’t matter. His other issues are severe enough that drinking, while probably not helpful, may not matter as much as it would in others. 

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I was half way joking above. I don't actually think he drinks, not because he says so, but because if he did that shit would leak out in a split second with his sieve of a staff. 

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Oriental still is okay among the older generation and those fresh in from, well, the Orient. You see it used all the time in Houston's Chinatown. I really don't know how that one came to have a negative connotation, as all it means is "Eastern," as opposed to "Occidental," which means Western. 

How about Celestials?  Is that ok to use? Cocksucker.