Jimbo 2023: Watch.The.Tape.

golfclap

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Sounds like he may have assaulted his GF.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.houstonchronicle.com%2Ftexas-sports-nation%2Fcollege%2Farticle%2FAggie-Demond-Demas-arrest-charge-domestic-16971403.php%3Futm_campaign%3DCMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)%26utm_source%3Dt.co%26utm_medium%3Dreferral

"This isn’t the first time Demas, a five-star recruit out of Tomball in the class of 2020, has been accused of hitting a girlfriend. Last year the mother of an alleged victim reached out to the Chronicle saying she could not get into contact with A&M’s coaches concerning Demas striking her daughter, who was Demas’s girlfriend at the time."

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.houstonchronicle.com%2Ftexas-sports-nation%2Fcollege%2Farticle%2FAggie-Demond-Demas-arrest-charge-domestic-16971403.php%3Futm_campaign%3DCMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)%26utm_source%3Dt.co%26utm_medium%3Dreferral

"This isn’t the first time Demas, a five-star recruit out of Tomball in the class of 2020, has been accused of hitting a girlfriend. Last year the mother of an alleged victim reached out to the Chronicle saying she could not get into contact with A&M’s coaches concerning Demas striking her daughter, who was Demas’s girlfriend at the time."

That North Forest duo put together a textbook clinic on how to waste your shot to get out of the ghetto.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

McKinley Jackson is actually good. That's the difference. 

The difference is he assaulted an athlete who's a legacy, and the dad wasn't going to let this one get swept under the rug. Demas being undeveloped for various reasons probably makes it an easier decision, but I think this was a much tougher one to manage, especially since it's not the first time for Demas 

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, Fud said:

The difference is he assaulted an athlete who's a legacy, and the dad wasn't going to let this one get swept under the rug. Demas being undeveloped for various reasons probably makes it an easier decision, but I think this was a much tougher one to manage, especially since it's not the first time for Demas 

I must have missed the details.  Who was the victim?

Jimbo said today all of these guys would miss spring ball.  Foster, Archane, Brownlow-Dindy, Groves-Killebrew, Caleb Chapman, Hezekiah Jones, Stowers, McKinley Jackson, Ardarius Jones, Donell Harris, Jaylon Jones, Brian George, and Deuce Harmon.

Foster and Achane are in track and Dindy and Groves are hurt.  Nothing was posted about the others, what's going on?

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jimbo said today all of these guys would miss spring ball.  Foster, Archane, Brownlow-Dindy, Groves-Killebrew, Caleb Chapman, Hezekiah Jones, Stowers, McKinley Jackson, Ardarius Jones, Donell Harris, Jaylon Jones, Brian George, and Deuce Harmon.

Foster and Achane are in track and Dindy and Groves are hurt.  Nothing was posted about the others, what's going on?

That is a long ass list.  Some of them are legit injured.  I wonder if some of them are holding out considering what the new 5 stars got in bag money.   I would be pissed if I was a player already there and more likely to get playing time next year than a true frosh. 

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Who did Tarp say are the starting DE's for aggy?

fadil diggs (wde) and tunmise adeleye (most likely strongside). tunmise looks like one of those guys that really worked his ass off over the break and came into camp in great shape. reports say diggs looks good, but there's not a whole lot of guys pushing him. 

the more interesting thing to me is durkin appears to be putting a bit more speed on the field and will be less likely to play a 290 guy at 5 tech as compared to elko. macro wise i'm guessing we're going to trend towards being a bit more multiple with a higher pressure rate and give up a bit more against the run. 

On 3/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, bizzle said:

fadil diggs (wde) and tunmise adeleye (most likely strongside). tunmise looks like one of those guys that really worked his ass off over the break and came into camp in great shape. reports say diggs looks good, but there's not a whole lot of guys pushing him. 

the more interesting thing to me is durkin appears to be putting a bit more speed on the field and will be less likely to play a 290 guy at 5 tech as compared to elko. macro wise i'm guessing we're going to trend towards being a bit more multiple with a higher pressure rate and give up a bit more against the run. 

A three man front with speed on the edges is a bold strategy. 

Before this the aggy message board narrative was "Holstein is better than Arch no doubt.  He's  a 5*, Jimbo knows what a QB looks like blah blah blah"  

Now it's "He would have never seen the field here for at least 3 years, QB room is stacked, trust Jimbo, ect."

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Before this the aggy message board narrative was "Holstein is better than Arch no doubt.  He's  a 5*, Jimbo knows what a QB looks like blah blah blah"  

Now it's "He would have never seen the field here for at least 3 years, QB room is stacked, trust Jimbo, ect."

I am still yet to be wowed by Arch, but this is so perfectly aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

How much did this tweet cost?

He has an official sponsorship with Cletus' tires. $1,000 every time he says gig em on twitter. He forgot to caveat it with limits, or if he actually goes to the school.