Surly Megathread of destruction and doom. [BEWARE VERY DOOMY]

clapclapclap

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The murder suspect runs from cops and kills himself while being closed in on.

Why does this trigger riots/rioters?

It brings questions to their minds that might not come to yours:
- "Is he being framed?"
- "Can he expect fair treatment?"
- "Will he get a fair hearing?"
- "How will he be treated in prison?"

And on and on. These questions are just more fuel for the existing fire.

You are right, those are valid questions.  But instead of thinking about it, or waiting 90 mins, it more time for reparations.  And the person who sent out the false social media post about it being a police shoot should be held to whatever extent they can.  Directly led to who knows how many tens of thousands in damages.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

You are right, those are valid questions.  But instead of thinking about it, or waiting 90 mins, it more time for reparations.  And the person who sent out the false social media post about it being a police shoot should be held to whatever extent they can.  Directly led to who knows how many tens of thousands in damages.

Do the people doing the rioting and looting consider it "reparations"? I know a BLM organizer who was not looting said that as a 3rd-party justification, but if the people doing the actual looting don't think of it this way, why do you say this? Seems flatly racial, especially since the looters are not uniformly descendants of slaves.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do the people doing the rioting and looting consider it "reparations"? I know a BLM organizer who was not looting said that as a 3rd-party justification, but if the people doing the actual looting don't think of it this way, why do you say this? Seems flatly racial, especially since the looters are not uniformly descendants of slaves.

Her words.  She was representing BLM, and I'm sorry that you don't agree with her take.  Maybe she can offer some guidance on what the looters that aren't eligible for reparations are called.   If you'd like, we can dig up the looting vids from immediately after the suicide, and you can figure out who were getting reparations (in her eyes),  and who were doing "unjustified" looting.  Doesn't really matter to me.  The looters are the scum of the fucking earth and I wish nothing but bad things for them. 

16 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lol. You got ol Brisky in a pickle but he will wiggle out somehow. He is always pointing at the other guy. 

Well, I mean, we've managed to tar the entire BLM movement with "they're rioters and looters," and "all BLM supporters think that's okay because insurance and reparations."  Do a word search for "discredit(ed)" -- it finds up more than a few times.   I thought that's how it worked around here -- is that not how it works?

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I mean, we've managed to tar the entire BLM movement with "they're rioters and looters," and "all BLM supporters think that's okay because insurance and reparations."  Do a word search for "discredit(ed)" -- it finds up more than a few times.   I thought that's how it worked around here -- is that not how it works?

Lol

9 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lol

Well, am I wrong?  Go ahead and check out the discussions of BLM in the Daily Texan forum.  The consistent message is that the movement is fundamentally violent rioters, and the movement is now discredited.  It's not exactly subtle.

Well, am I wrong?  Go ahead and check out the discussions of BLM in the Daily Texan forum.  The consistent message is that the movement is fundamentally violent rioters, and the movement is now discredited.  It's not exactly subtle.

I really like you and I respect you for not going straight to the neg and actually wanting to discuss things. It appears to me you want to not lump all of the BLM people into one group ( which I agree with ) but you like to pigeon hole the other side into one group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Clintonaldo said:

I really like you and I respect you for not going straight to the neg and actually wanting to discuss things. It appears to me you want to not lump all of the BLM people into one group ( which I agree with ) but you like to pigeon hole the other side into one group.

I actually don't.  But it's just fucking maddening the the same people who yell the loudest about "not all Trumpers are racist!" and "not all cops are bad" holler "BLM is discredited because violence and this gal said 'reparations!'"  A movement of real and incredible importance and value is dismissed out of hand because.....[and this is the key] they want it to be dismissed out of hand.  There's a dominant current of "whew....I was ABOUT to be stuck listening to legitimate grievances by minorities, but thank GOD some people burned some buildings, now I get to toss the whole thing out and keep on maintaining the status quo."

I actually don't.  But it's just fucking maddening the the same people who yell the loudest about "not all Trumpers are racist!" and "not all cops are bad" holler "BLM is discredited because violence and this gal said 'reparations!'"  A movement of real and incredible importance and value is dismissed out of hand because.....[and this is the key] they want it to be dismissed out of hand.  There's a dominant current of "whew....I was ABOUT to be stuck listening to legitimate grievances by minorities, but thank GOD some people burned some buildings, now I get to toss the whole thing out and keep on maintaining the status quo."

I just don’t agree with that at all. I’m not a Trumper and I don’t think all cops are bad. What I don’t like is someone screaming for justice 20 minutes after a death and burning down shit because someone hasn’t already been convicted. Also, I don’t believe a majority of the rioters are even from the area.

As for the BLM movement I will be glad to discuss in pm’s.

3 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

What I don’t like is someone screaming for justice 20 minutes after a death and burning down shit because someone hasn’t already been convicted.

We could take a shitload of wind out of those particular sails if we simply subjected cops to the same legal standards and rules as the rest of us.  You know, not allowed a day to cook up a story before you're interviewed, not allowed time to get with your accomplices beforehand to get your story straight, not held to a ridiculously low standard of "everything makes me reasonably fear for my safety" [seriously, a review of the circumstances that have constituted creating a "reasonable fear" functionally means that any cop can shoot you at damned near any time, because you were in possession of a "shiny black object" (like, say, an iPhone)], etc.

If I shot someone, I would be subjected to a much more rigorous process than most cops face.  Treat them like the rest of us, and the immediate cries for justice could be knocked way down.  That's just one start.

But none of it matters, because you damned well know that the purposeful endpoint is to 1) conclude that BLM is an evil, marxist, anti-American cause which should have no voice, and 2) to the extent that there's any problems with cops -- which we never, ever concede -- we can fix them with some vague platitudes (and probably some more surplus military gear).  That's the end game.  You know it, I know it -- we're all grownups here.

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude you are the master painter of surly you've got to have the biggest broadest brushstrokes of anybody here every cop is bad every Republican is bad every white person is bad  when it's your personal opinions oh it's just a few bad apples you're a piece of work brah 

Just now, Hate said:

Everyone has the right to STFU and talk to a lawyer before talking to the cops.

But not their accomplices.  Which is exactly what happens.

Oh, and the cop committed his act while on the job working for me.  So if he wants to KEEP his job, he needs to talk, immediately.  He is free to refuse to do so without consulting with an attorney, as is his constitutional right.  And the PD should be free to immediately terminate him when he refuses to be interviewed.  The PD cannot sanction him with criminal penalty, but they can and should make discussion of all activities under color of the badge a requirement for continued employment.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude you are the master painter of surly you've got to have the biggest broadest brushstrokes of anybody here every cop is bad every Republican is bad every white person is bad  when it's your personal opinions oh it's just a few bad apples you're a piece of work brah 

Oh, do tell us how you feel about BLM?  Remember, you've got a lengthy body of work on this topic.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We could take a shitload of wind out of those particular sails if we simply subjected cops to the same legal standards and rules as the rest of us.  You know, not allowed a day to cook up a story before you're interviewed, not allowed time to get with your accomplices beforehand to get your story straight, not held to a ridiculously low standard of "everything makes me reasonably fear for my safety" [seriously, a review of the circumstances that have constituted creating a "reasonable fear" functionally means that any cop can shoot you at damned near any time, because you were in possession of a "shiny black object" (like, say, an iPhone)], etc.

If I shot someone, I would be subjected to a much more rigorous process than most cops face.  Treat them like the rest of us, and the immediate cries for justice could be knocked way down.  That's just one start.

5 minutes ago, Hate said:

Everyone has the right to STFU and talk to a lawyer before talking to the cops.

If you shoot or even kill somebody, you can't take time out at home on some kind of administrative leave to think about your story, talk to a union, etc.  Your ass gets hauled in to the station.  Sure, you don't have to answer shit until you talk to your lawyer, but you're going to be spending that time in custody, not talking to all kinds of other people.

And you are damn sure not going to have a union go up in front of the media and proclaim your innocence and that what the video captured isn't what happened, and you are damn sure not going to have a union start releasing details on the person you killed to make it look like you were justified.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We could take a shitload of wind out of those particular sails if we simply subjected cops to the same legal standards and rules as the rest of us. 

True.  This conversation stemmed from the rioting that happened when a murder suspect, killed himself.   Certain factions are looting, rioting, and burning things down because an *alleged* murderer, killed...himself.     @bad_teammate says that's OK, because what if  he was framed.  What if he did it because it's better than being arrested.  

The vast majority of the country feel terrible for the racial injustices to the black community at the hands of the police, and fuckheads like the guys in Ga.    But sympathy for people resisting arrest?  Sympathy for people who want to fight the cops?  No.  No sympathy there.    You don't have to respect the police - but refuse to comply with them at your own peril.  It fucking sickens me this guy was facing an *alleged sexual assault, and 10 days later is more wealthy than 90% of the country.  It puts me right out on the ledge with you.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

this is exactly why you need organized permitted rallies with police(ironically) to keep them orderly so the message comes thru. cities could set curfews(right away) so it is very clear who the shitheads are. you can roll the national guard in or have show of force at night.  but you wanted them to hurry up because time was of the essence, people are mad/raging, and if the news cycle bypassed them while waiting for all that it would all be lost.  well you got what you wanted and the democrat leadership in these cities and states made it 100x worse.

they could also denounce antifa and marxist organizations while they are at it.

but what do I know, I am but a simple farmer.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

@MillerEP, hot on the heels of posting two disinformation pieces, doubles down on the propoganda posting from the blaze (founded by Glenn Beck)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-blaze/

Shine on, you disinformation diamond

By your standard @MillerEP , should call you out every time you post something from CNN. You disinformation diamond.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/cnn/

A factual search reveals several failed fact checks by CNN news hosts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Uhhh champ I hate to break it to ya, I dont recall that I link to CNN as an authoritative source and if I do, I include additional supporting links. If you disagree, feel free to disprove me with evidence

Both sides is a fun game to play though

Edited by Captainant

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Fuck you. You irredeemable piece of shit. You’re not going to weasel into affirmation of rioting.

Fuck You!

9 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

200.gif

And I'm sure you'll be just as diligent to check any posters who use CNN just like you did Miller in the future.

Dude who is fucking citing CNN for things? If only you had a brain, because you're attacking a straw man. BoThSiDeS tho amirite

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But it's just fucking maddening the the same people who yell the loudest about "not all Trumpers are racist!" and "not all cops are bad" holler "BLM is discredited because violence and this gal said 'reparations!'"  

I'm not either of those but feel violence and reparations are disingenuous to the movement.  It's a valid point.  And no, not all people who support the BLM (including me) are acting in this manner.  And it's not just one gal who feels that way.  I feel these types of acts are creating division more than anything.  Same goes for the "other side", whatever you may paint them as.

Edited by Hmmm