Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If he truly picks tech

1) he’s the dumbest fuck on esrth. aggy Looking like Mensa level of stupidity 

2) shut down the entire university. Fire everyone employed and relocate somewhere else in the state and chance your identity 

YALL are so gullible 😂😂😂

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Lol doesn’t have anything to do with me telling the future…..

Coach McGuire says #Take3 on all his post smh. Been doing so since Baylor Y’all are pathetic 

You should really look into the meaning of @futureman on this board. It certainly doesn't mean what you think it means.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Lol doesn’t have anything to do with me telling the future…..

Coach McGuire says #Take3 on all his post smh. Been doing so since Baylor Y’all are pathetic 

Yeah ok this checks out.

But still, if Ewers doesn't come here....

season 16 episode 6 GIF

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DiceHands said:

If he goes to tech, it tells me he isnt serious about football, because no one with a functioning brain would ever go there to play in big time games.  

It's a shit town, in the shit part of Texas at a shit school. I grew up in West Texas and never had a desire to visit that town unless Texas was playing Tech in baseball.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DiceHands said:

If he goes to tech, it tells me he isnt serious about football, because no one with a functioning brain would ever go there to play in big time games.  

If his old coach is headed there, it makes more sense than we would want to accept. I’m sure they’d make sure he’s well paid. There are numerous reasons it appears stupid, but if it happens, he’ll probably have a very successful career at Tech.

Just now, DiceHands said:

I usually hate when we say things like this ("if he doesn't here he's gonna suck anyway") but in this case, I kinda agree tbh. There's already a bit of a warning sign with the tOSU decisions and picking Tech would be a total wtf decision.

Pretty much the only advantages Tech could possibly have are following his high school coach (not a great reason) and maybe if they somehow put together an insane NIL deal (seems unlikely to beat us). Otherwise - Texas wins heavily on QB coach, surrounding talent, ongoing NIL/business opps, national exposure, city, championship chances (despite this year), etc. 

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

On what fucking planet

It only takes one nutjob desperate super-rich alum willing to throw in a couple million dollars. Like any big school, Tech has plenty of rich alums especially in the oilfield. Total net worth isn't everything - it's about what the boosters are willing to do. I'm not saying it's likely, but it's not out of question. 

Just now, fatheryeet said:

I think he means that when it comes down to one NIL deal for one player, yeah they have their money. Tech and 8&4 could put up big money for one player. obviously they can't do a Clark Field Collective thing. Tech also doesn't have the business opportunities that Austin provides

Exactly. One desperate booster could put something crazy on the table for him.

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

They could throw a massive amount of money at him and no other player on the team would feel slighted. Shit, they don’t have to pay anyone else. 

This is correct. But they literally could not match dollar for dollar if we opened it up. Will we is the issue, sounds like Monday we’ll hear more on the subject.

• Like 1

Mahomes makes $50MM a year. He could easily kick in a decent amount to sweeten the pot of what other big money donors would kick in. 

Mahomes proves you don’t need to win a ton of games to be picked high and then go on to great NFL success. Ewers could go the same route and have nowhere near as much pressure for him to perform as he would in Austin. The Tech fanbase would glorify him just for picking them and he’d cash in on a sizable NIL deal. I think this Tech smoke is definitely real. 

Edited by Yev Kassem

1 minute ago, Yev Kassem said:

Mahomes makes $50MM a year. He could easily kick in a decent amount to sweeten the pot of what other big money donors would kick in. 

Mahomes proves you don’t need to win a ton of games to be picked high and then go on to great NFL success. Ewers could go the same route and have nowhere near as much pressure for him to perform as he would in Austin. The Tech fanbase would glorify him just for picking them and he’d cash in on a sizable NIL deal. I think this Tech smoke is definitely real. 

Seinfeld Soup GIF

• Haha 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust