Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

5 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Did Milwee end up going at that game? It would be a pretty big blunder if he didn’t bother going when the most important prospect of Sark’s tenure was there standing on the sideline. 

You are kidding yourself if you don’t already think they’ve spoken. Milwee doesn’t need to go stalk a high school game to talk with Ewers unless Tech send one of their oil bro boosters to go leave a check on the windshield of Ewers’ car.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

You are kidding yourself if you don’t already think they’ve spoken. Milwee doesn’t need to go stalk a high school game to talk with Ewers unless Tech send one of their oil bro boosters to go leave a check on Ewers windshield.

Yeah, you’re right, I’m just on edge hoping I don’t hear about how everything went sideways at the last minute like so many other things in the last decade. 

Edited by TXRed

1 minute ago, TXRed said:

Yeah you’re right, I’m just on edge hoping I don’t hear about how everything went sideways at the last minute like so many other things in the last decade. 

Agreed. I fully expect to hear how Ewers was fully sold on Texas until a last minute change of heart. This is like watching a movie that I have already seen 10 times, but hoping Old Yeller don’t get shot this time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Nothing tweeted by Brandon Harris should ever be considered telling.

That’s exactly the thing. He tweets so much dumb shit, yet for some reason feels the eyes emoji tweeted 2 mins after Ewers transfer is announced needs to be taken down.

Obviously not saying it means he’s coming here, but someone didn’t want our staff commenting on it right away.

3 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Agreed. I fully expect to hear how Ewers was fully sold on Texas until a last minute change of heart. This is like watching a movie that I have already seen 10 times, but hoping Old Yeller don’t get shot this time.

Dude.  Fucking spoiler alert that. I’m halfway through Old Yeller 😞

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

You are kidding yourself if you don’t already think they’ve spoken. Milwee doesn’t need to go stalk a high school game to talk with Ewers unless Tech send one of their oil bro boosters to go leave a check on the windshield of Ewers’ car.

look, we're gonna fuck this up.  you can't blame people here for speculating on exactly how.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Old Yeller gets shot? I'm pretty sure the movie ends right before they go pig hunting. Or at least that's what my mother always said.. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cdain3 said:

I checked with a source tonight and can confirm that Texas has been in touch with Ewers and his camp now that Ewers is officially in the portal. No details were given on the communicating, but the staff has definitely been in touch already. 

I'm also told that Ewers plans to make a quick decision so he can potentially have a recruiting impact prior to the early signing window, which begins on December 15. If that's the case, I'd think we'll have an answer by this time next week, and it would seem possible (maybe even likely) that Ewers will make a decision without even taking any campus visits. 

One person yesterday estimated that Texas was out front, followed by Texas Tech and Texas A&M running third. Texags' Ryan Brauninger reported earlier today that A&M won't be involved in the race, and there has been a lot of Texas Tech buzz this afternoon/evening. One source told OB that there's a lot of confidence on the side of the Red Raiders. I'm not calling this one a done deal just yet because Texas is obviously working to get Ewers to Austin, but most of the chatter this evening is focused on Tech. 

We'll obviously keep you all posted as we hear more. Texas has a lot to offer here, but it sounds like there's still work to be done and time is going to be limited.

• Hook 'Em 1

TFB:

Spoiler

There has not been much new information on my end, however I will share that I believe it to be a two team race for the elite QB.

Texas and Texas Tech will battle it out.

I do not have a timetable on a decision, though I imagine both schools will push for one as soon as I can with NSD looming.

From what I gather, it is no guarantee Ewers picks Texas. And I will reiterate again, Texas Tech is going to be tough to beat.

I will update when I have more on the matter.

TFB:
Spoiler

There has not been much new information on my end, however I will share that I believe it to be a two team race for the elite QB.
I do not have a timetable on a decision, though I imagine both schools will push for one as soon as I can with NSD looming.
From what I gather, it is no guarantee Ewers picks Texas. And I will reiterate again, Texas Tech is going to be tough to beat.

We're really gonna lose Ewers to a team we scored 70 on?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

TFB:
Spoiler

“ Texas tech will be tough to beat.” So that means they are in front right now.

I won’t be mad when he picks tech. Because it’s tech. I’ll be mad that we have to sit here with sark for at least 2 more years, while USC got Riley LSU got Kelly, and jimbo is paying outrageous money for recruits and we are stuck. Texas football is a hell of a drug.
  • Hook 'Em 1

“ Texas tech will be tough to beat.” So that means they are in front right now.

I won’t be mad when he picks tech. Because it’s tech. I’ll be mad that we have to sit here with sark for at least 2 more years, while USC got Riley LSU got Kelly, and jimbo is paying outrageous money for recruits and we are stuck. Texas football is a hell of a drug.
Fucking embarrassing that we have more money than everyone and don't use it for jack shit.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

I’m just trying not to invest too much time and energy into this. Maybe if I fully expect it to not go our way, I’ll be pleasantly surprised when it does. I’ve been let down too many times over the years to think something good and trajectory changing will happen for us.

I'd been wondering about a girlfriend situation.

Did he break up with his g/f in Ohio?
No... maybe he didn't have a g/f in Ohio.

I still think it's crazy to consider him going to tech.
But this could be a reason for the delay in a decision (if it's true..... I mean I did find it on the Internet).

image.png.04f7d7a99aee681ab433d1815be8ce14.png 

EDIT:  I would have kept personal stuff out of this.  I'm just quoting a Texas Tech forum.

This did not originate from a Texas forum.  

Edited by ATXbronco

Unbelievable. If you had told me he was going to transfer to OU or UGA or something, I wouldn't have been too shocked or all that outraged. But Tech???? No excuse for Sark to lose an elite QB who grew up a UT fan to Texas fucking Tech. Like I can't even imagine what legitimate reasons he'd have for picking them.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

But this could be a reason for the delay in a decision (if it's true..... I mean I did find it on the Internet).

She needs to portal to Texas too

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Undefeated 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Well fuck if true this would explain it.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust