Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Surly, “He knew where he wanted to go before entering the portal.”

Also Surly, “No way Texas should lose this battle!”

I can't beleive our softball coach let his girlfriend go to Tech. What a fucking catastrophic organizational failure. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

Right.  But it's been stated that he'd bring a ton of momentum (and recruits) regardless of possible busting.

It'd be great for building some hype but tbh at this point idk how many recruits it would really pull in. Sure, maybe we would still end up with a good QB like Dart but this would be a giant embarssing kick to the nads

• Hook 'Em 1

I work with college kids everyday, they do some epically dumb shit. So maybe he goes to Tech. But why? They don’t have an OC, just a rumored one with way less of a track record than Sark. There is more money here, more exposure. There is more talent at Texas, even on a bad year. If things go so badly that Sark gets fired, the kid isn’t succeeding anyway. That’s true with McGuire. 

To me, kid bails on his Texas commitment cause OSU seems safer. Tech is way less safe than starting at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

I'd been wondering about a girlfriend situation.

Did he break up with his g/f in Ohio?
No... maybe he didn't have a g/f in Ohio.

I still think it's crazy to consider him going to tech.
But this could be a reason for the delay in a decision (if it's true..... I mean I did find it on the Internet).

image.png.04f7d7a99aee681ab433d1815be8ce14.png 

EDIT:  I would have kept personal stuff out of this.  I'm just quoting a Texas Tech forum.

This did not originate from a Texas forum.  

I asked what the pussy situation was a few pages ago.  That shit is undefeated.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, warhorn8 said:

If we lose him to tech, screw this staff.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

If Ewers chooses Tech that’s not the staff’s fault.  That Ewers making another bad decision.  That’s on Ewers alone.   If this charade isn’t an effort to drive up UT’s offer I’ll be shocked.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

If Ewers chooses Tech that’s not the staff’s fault.  That Ewers making another bad decision.  That’s on Ewers alone.   If this charade isn’t an effort to drive up UT’s offer I’ll be shocked.  

What has Ewers done to this point that makes anyone think he is prone to making good decisions?

• Hook 'Em 2

I mean I always figured the guy wasn’t exactly smart, but fucking tech!?!? Fucking Mahomes and an NFL coach couldn’t win there. We beat OU, Okie lite, Baylor, West Virginia and dare I say, Kansas with this dude at qb last season. Fuck it. At least this gets rid of the false hope sark is gonna work out and we can patiently wait on Traylor to be our next savior

• Hook 'Em 1

Couple of thoughts....

• If Ewers goes to Tech, he's dumber than I thought.
  • McGuire holding it back to not rain on Aranda = bullshit.

Ewers reminds me of that guy who is always interviewing at a startup or another "greener" place.  Looks good on paper and never really wants to execute or compete.

Doesn’t Myles Brennan suck?

so- down deal to Tech to play for a guy that’s been an OC at some shit ass school for 3 years?  I don’t even know what to say. Like, I literally choose to believe that this cannot possibly be true because it’s so mind bendingly stupid that such a thing couldn’t even possibly be entertained, right?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, nycHorn said:

TFB:

Hide contents

There has not been much new information on my end, however I will share that I believe it to be a two team race for the elite QB.

Texas and Texas Tech will battle it out.

I do not have a timetable on a decision, though I imagine both schools will push for one as soon as I can with NSD looming.

From what I gather, it is no guarantee Ewers picks Texas. And I will reiterate again, Texas Tech is going to be tough to beat.

I will update when I have more on the matter.

In what universe am I living in where this kid decides to go to Tech?

I have no doubt that Sark's end will come soon enough if we don't land Ewers or perform other significant portal magic, but I don't know how much blame I can put on the staff if Ewers goes to Tech. It's not like Ewers' only options would be Tech and Texas and he went into this decision with an open mind and thought Tech was the best fit. His decisions are Tech, Texas and probably 50 other Power 5 programs, so if he really lands on Tech, this has nothing to do with being homesick (would go to TCU for all better things than Tech), NIL (come on), coaching (Maguire and TBD OC?), playing time (I'm sure he's read about our QB situation) or whatever. He was just going to Tech. 

Edited by Dummy
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dummy said:

I have no doubt that Sark's end will come soon enough if we don't land Ewers or perform other significant portal magic, but I don't know how much blame I can put on the staff if Ewers goes to Tech. It's not like Ewers' only options would be Tech and Texas and he went into this decision with an open mind and thought Tech was the best fit. His decisions are Tech, Texas and probably 50 other Power 5 programs, so if he really lands on Tech, this has nothing to do with being homesick (would go to TCU for all better things), NIL (come on), coaching (Maguire and TBD OC?), playing time (I'm sure he's read about our QB situation) or whatever. He was just going to Tech. 

And the only reason he would be “just going to tech” would be if he thinks our program and coaching staff is a ducking joke. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust