Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

6 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Mahomes makes $50MM a year. He could easily kick in a decent amount to sweeten the pot of what other big money donors would kick in. 

Mahomes proves you don’t need to win a ton of games to be picked high and then go on to great NFL success. Ewers could go the same route and have nowhere near as much pressure for him to perform as he would in Austin. The Tech fanbase would glorify him just for picking them and he’d cash in on a sizable NIL deal. I think this Tech smoke is definitely real. 

Mahommes has been the exception of Tech QB's, not the rule.

3 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

377b07b81de141fdf41619a24c7266b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I guess it’s time to accept that we are actually locked in a head to head battle with Texas Tech.

It also doesn’t make me feel good because you know he entered the portal with his next destination already picked. There won’t be much convincing or changing his mind.

I think Tech is pushing this to make sure they get publicity with their new coaching search. McGuire has lots of connections. It helps raise their profile if they are getting pub as being on the level with Texas. I could be wrong, but Tech is way out of left field in this, and all the connections are hypotheticals if they hire a new coach, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I guess it’s time to accept that we are actually locked in a head to head battle with Texas Tech.

It also doesn’t make me feel good because you know he entered the portal with his next destination already picked. There won’t be much convincing or changing his mind.

Keep in mind that Nahlin said he could be using them as leverage for larger NIL.

10 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Mahomes makes $50MM a year. He could easily kick in a decent amount to sweeten the pot of what other big money donors would kick in. 

Mahomes proves you don’t need to win a ton of games to be picked high and then go on to great NFL success. Ewers could go the same route and have nowhere near as much pressure for him to perform as he would in Austin. The Tech fanbase would glorify him just for picking them and he’d cash in on a sizable NIL deal. I think this Tech smoke is definitely real. 

True but Mahomes also had Kliff as his coach. Arguably the best offensive mind in college at the time. Now we're the ones with the current "Kliff" and we have more surrounding talent to boot. So yeah he could make the NFL from Tech, but the odds definitely drop significantly. 

• Like 1

Look, there is no question the fast way to starting is at Tech. And the narrative around it can be whatever they want it to be. 

the reality is, it’s not that much different at Texas in regards to basically being the starter. We couldnt hit deep balls to save our lives. Ewers on arm talent alone, will be our starter. We are portaling in OL help to protect him. 

we are landing Ewers because when he comes to Texas and is the starter, he will make an insane amount of money.

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Every school has some filthy rich alum. Y’all should be scared if we ever go toe to toe with Vanderbilt for a recruit with this logic.

I hope you’re not referring to me. I don’t think I get very emotional about this stuff, just enjoy following it. Recruits do weird shit sometimes. Hell, people in general. Ed Oliver following his coach to Houston. Jordan Hudson choosing SMU/TCU over all the great football programs on his offer list. There are sometimes outliers that make us scratch our head, like Vics bed-mates. 

Just because Texas donors can outbid for Quinn doesn’t mean they would or that they should. It sounds like a lot is being asked of them already. Quinn could leave his next school without ever playing a down. Like it’s been stated here, it’s easy to spend someone else’s money.

15 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

It's funny how easy some people part with another person's money. 

If I was clearing $30MM a year, I'd kick in a few of them to get a quarterback to go to my alma mater.

It's just possible that Mahomes and other rich people may have higher priorities for their supposedly excess cash than securing your favorite recruit to your favorite school.  The speculation about that is as idle as it gets.

I wish a rich guy would buy me a nice house. Not a mansion. Not on the beach. Just a nice house with a view from a hill not too far from a nice city. He wouldn't even miss the money.

Never seems to happen.

Texas and other schools have shown they will come up with money. Big money. There is no comparable evidence about Tech.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

If I was clearing $30MM a year, I'd kick in a few of them to get a quarterback to go to my alma mater.

It's just possible that Mahomes and other rich people may have higher priorities for their supposedly excess cash than securing your favorite recruit to your favorite school.  The speculation about that is as idle as it gets.

I wish a rich guy would buy me a nice house. Not a mansion. Not on the beach. Just a nice house with a view from a hill not too far from a nice city. He wouldn't even miss the money.

Never seems to happen.

Texas and other schools have shown they will come up with money. Big money. There is no comparable evidence about Tech.

Texas obviously hasn’t done so on players you fucking dunce. 

Edited by Yev Kassem

Captains log stardate 2021. The flagship is in a head to head battle with the number 1 player in the country with Texas fucking tech.  In other news Baylor is beating the dog shit out of Oklahoma state in the b12 title I. Which Oklahoma state could possibly make the playoffs. Before Texas.  Literally fuck society at the moment.  Scholars will look back and wonder wtf 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I hope you’re not referring to me. I don’t think I get very emotional about this stuff, just enjoy following it. Recruits do weird shit sometimes. Hell, people in general. Ed Oliver following his coach to Houston. Jordan Hudson choosing SMU/TCU over all the great football programs on his offer list. There are sometimes outliers that make us scratch our head, like Vics bed-mates. 

Just because Texas donors can outbid for Quinn doesn’t mean they would or that they should. It sounds like a lot is being asked of them already. Quinn could leave his next school without ever playing a down. Like it’s been stated here, it’s easy to spend someone else’s money.

Nah just the general sentiment that a few very wealthy people at Tech can compare to what we have at our disposal here. Ewers to there could happen for sure, but it’s not because Tech could match what we could offer if we decided to go all out, which we should.

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Never seems to happen.

Mahomes ain't giving any money to a kid to play QB at tech. The people putting this money up for these kids have more money than Mahomes and businesses to run. Most have ulterior motives and see it as a write off/business expense. I doubt Mahomes has it as a business expense or write off. This NIL is set up for the corporate world. Is Bijan's big NIL deal that just announced a business expense for that Company, yes, as well as an investment. This is more similar to endorsement deals for pro athletes. Is Mahomes wearing KC jerseys in his commercials? No, just red. Same, same. This is so different from dropping bags there is no comparison.

12 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Roach mentioned he thinks it happens early next week? If so, I’d assume he knows where he’s going. Sea to be Texas but we’re so fucking fragile over this season & recruiting, oh and the 12 years of suck.

It's usually a good bet that roach doesn't know anything until someone spells it out for him with the crayons on the low class restaurant table he's currently at

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Good news from TexAgs:

" A&M has no plans to pursue Ewers happy with Connor Weigman as their our 2022 QB"

This little nugget made me smile more than the entire quote. Just can't separate themselves from the team. "We just need...I mean, Texas 8&4 just needs..." 😂

39 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

377b07b81de141fdf41619a24c7266b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

$9.95ers:  So, basically I don't really know any details and can't confirm any of the rumors I'm hearing at the moment, but I'm currently working on a detailed report to sell you guys on Monday that will explain everything and make you happy you gave me money.

36 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Every school has some filthy rich alum. Y’all should be scared if we ever go toe to toe with Vanderbilt for a recruit with this logic.

Exactly. SMH. People that have a lot of money...have a lot of money for a reason, and giving it away ain't it. 

23 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Roach mentioned he thinks it happens early next week? If so, I’d assume he knows where he’s going. Sea to be Texas but we’re so fucking fragile over this season & recruiting, oh and the 12 years of suck.

Most people thought he was going through the Spring at tOSU then this happens right after the NIL announcement. That and the Winfield revert tells me he's Texas bound if a decision happens soon. 

1 minute ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Did his teammates go to his birthday party?

Ewers has some Tate Martell feel with respect to his initial recruitment, transfer, etc. But this is the thread for pumping sunshine, so let’s back up the Brinks trucks!

Maybe but Tate was a 4*, not a consensus #1 player in the country.

25 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Mahomes ain't giving any money to a kid to play QB at tech. The people putting this money up for these kids have more money than Mahomes and businesses to run. Most have ulterior motives and see it as a write off/business expense. I doubt Mahomes has it as a business expense or write off. This NIL is set up for the corporate world. Is Bijan's big NIL deal that just announced a business expense for that Company, yes, as well as an investment. This is more similar to endorsement deals for pro athletes. Is Mahomes wearing KC jerseys in his commercials? No, just red. Same, same. This is so different from dropping bags there is no comparison.

writeoff.gif.c7021ce22eb74eaac9fa16291ac358e0.gif

• Haha 5

Side note- I'd never heard of this Kittley guy but he's got a pretty impressive albeit short resume. Regardless of Ewers, I hope Auburn scoops him before TTU does.

Related side note - There's a report that Auburn is down to 3 OC candidates - Kittley, the ASU OC, and....Dameyune Craig LOL wtf

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

Side note- I'd never heard of this Kittley guy but he's got a pretty impressive albeit short resume. Regardless of Ewers, I hope Auburn scoops him before TTU does.

Related side note - There's a report that Auburn is down to 3 OC candidates - Kittley, the ASU OC, and....Dameyune Craig LOL wtf

Why? We’re going to be conference mates in the near future

Harsin seems short for that job. Would Oregon take a chance on him post Mario? 

Just now, Sir Ulrich said:

Harsin seems short for that job. Would Oregon take a chance on him post Mario? 

I don't think he's a HC candidate yet. He's only 30 years old and hasn't coached onfield in the P5 (only one year in FCS).

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Why? We’re going to be conference mates in the near future

Fair. I'm guessing Auburn would be in the opposite division and a lot can change by then. We're playing Tech in the near future.

I don't think he's a HC candidate yet. He's only 30 years old and hasn't coached onfield in the P5 (only one year in FCS).

Fair. I'm guessing Auburn would be in the opposite division and a lot can change by then. We're playing Tech in the near future.

I meant Harsin to Oregon cause that list of OC candidates is light for Auburn outside of the WKU guy. 

WTF people are seriously worried about Ewers going to TTU because of Zach Kittley? I'm all for unreasonable pessimism but get ahold of yourselves. The only Kittley who could ever influence anyone is Zach's dad Wes, & I don't think Ewers is transferring for T&F last time I checked.

• Hook 'Em 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust