Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

11 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Ain't shit happening tonight or this weekend - but I'm still F5'ing the fuck out of every site.

And @immamac better keep this place running this weekend - I can't handle any site errors while Ewers is still undecided.

I don’t know shit, but based on everything I do know about Ewers, he already knows where he is going. If anything this kid has shown he has a plan. He didn’t skip His senior year, because he was bored. He had 1 million in NIL lined up immediately. If he is coming to Texas, it will be soon. He will want to recruit prior to the first signing day. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

McGuire is going to try to get Graham Harrell and Riley Dodge on staff for Ewers.

He choose an advance of his payday over playing for Riley Dodge his senior year. He could have committed and enrolled to play for Harrell at USC in August if he wanted to. 

But now those guys are going to get him to go fucking Tech? Nah

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texas wants Riley is Milwee leaves 

They cant hire him, any HS coach hired must be two years removed from coaching anyone on the roster, or come directly from a different college job.

Edit: Nvm Ewers is a transfer it wouldn't apply for him

Edited by RaysBoomBoomRoom

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

He choose an advance of his payday over playing for Riley Dodge his senior year. He could have committed and enrolled to play for Harrell at USC in August if he wanted to. 

But now those guys are going to get him to go fucking Tech? Nah

I can think of a million reasons why your “logic” makes no sense.

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

They cant hire him, any HS coach hired must be two years removed from coaching anyone on the roster, or come directly from a different college job.

Edit: Nvm Ewers is a transfer it wouldn't apply for him

That rule also doesn’t apply for on-field coaches. Only for HS coaches who are hired as support staff members or analyst.

Edited by Hookem2147

Tell me then. What are the millions reasons to believe adding Harrell and/or Dodge matters in getting a guy like Ewers to Lubbock 

I’m referring to discussing him not choosing to play for them in the first place. Dumb.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Ewers didn’t enter the portal on December the 3rd so he could buy time to chew on where he wants to go. He knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming that’s correct, does the team he’s choosing know already as well? If so, there should be clues based on their behavior?

• Hook 'Em 1

I have no inside knowledge and on better idea where he’ll go but I’d just like to remind yall that’s it’s in everyone’s best interest to publicly make it seem like he doesn’t know where he’s going yet. Otherwise there’s that whole tampering thing that could become rather obvious..

32 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

FWIW - Nahlin is basically saying this is going to come down to NIL.

My thoughts:  Ewers reclassified and enrolled at Ohio St because he got a ridiculous NIL deal.  Now he's ready to come home but expects to be appropriately compensated for it.

How much is a savior worth to our Boosters?

Another factor is that Ewers is using up his one-time free transfer with immediate eligibility by leaving tOSU.  

Going where he can play right away will be a critical factor in his decision...  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 4HE said:

Assuming that’s correct, does the team he’s choosing know already as well? If so, there should be clues based on their behavior?

They cant say anything even if they know. You are not allowed to speak to player, until he is in the portal. I wouldn’t expect anything for 48 hours even if it is all decided. 

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I’m referring to you stating why he chose not to play for them in the first place. Dumb.

He choose not to play for Dodge for (smart) financial reasons. He choose not to play for Harrell largely because Todd Helton was a dead man walking. I didn’t say any different. 

He won’t play for them at Tech, because it’s Tech. Whatever he thinks about them it won’t move the needle enough to get him to Lubbock. 

3 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

He choose not to play for Dodge for (smart) financial reasons. He choose not to play for Harrell largely because Todd Helton was a dead man walking. I didn’t say any different. 

He won’t play for them at Tech, because it’s Tech. Whatever he thinks about them it won’t move the needle enough to get him to Lubbock. 

He’s a borderline HOFer..

Edited by IDIOTsavant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

You’re not “allowed” to pick up bags, either, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s about appearances. You can’t have a kid like Ewers hit the portal and sign with Texas 10 minutes later. I didn’t say there was not any communication. 

Edited by Codaxx

Yeah I mean I can totally see how hiring dodge and Harrell would help Tech out and maybe give them a shot but Quinn isn’t Jordan Hudson just blindly following around an assistant coach.

Maybe that gives Tech a real shot, but it’s hard to imagine bc we know Quinn cares about NIL and wants elite talent around him. 

4 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It’s about appearances. You can’t have a kid like Ewers hit the portal and sign with Texas 10 minutes later. I didn’t say there was not any communication. 

Yeah same way you wouldn’t want the media to all immediately say it’s going to be school X like it’s a done deal. 

He might be truly undecided. He might have decided on us or someone else. But it wouldn’t be reported differently either way. 

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust