Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

8 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Aggy actually makes sense for Ewers with the talent they have on campus and are bringing in. I doubt he’s scared of their QB room. So, it will probably happen to us.

oh it’s absolutely aggy. we are a non-starter. this thread should be locked now because when he announces he’s going to college station people are going to get ugly. and he will be going to play for jimbo. 

Just now, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Correct, but just because we’re in a hurry doesn’t mean Ewers is. His only rush would be if he was certain he was coming here.

Except he knows what a recruiting magnet he is in Texas. He knows what a commitment would mean for a supporting cast if he announces before the 15th.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Except he knows what a recruiting magnet he is in Texas. He knows what a commitment would mean for a supporting cast if he announces before the 15th.

Which is what should have been inferred from my statement. Two weeks is likely not enough time to change the minds of recruits who are bought in to schools.

Mike at Night: Quick thoughts on the Quinn Ewers situation

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike Roach

— As I mentioned earlier, this is something we've been watching for over the last couple of months when word started to get out mid-season that Ewers was looking around. In fact, when we started hearing talk about it around the time of the Oklahoma game, Texas wasn't mired in a big-time losing streak and things looked bright on offense. Shortly after the Iowa State game, I was told there was still a concern about the players at Texas and the culture that led to those losses. As we moved into late November, sources still thought he would end up in the portal but several told us Ohio State was working on getting him to stay until spring to see what the quarterback room looked like at that point. Earlier this week, there was a sudden change in the recruitment of Devin Brown that caused him to shut it down and pick Ohio State before hosting Steve Sarkisian on an in-home visit. A source close to the situation told us that they believed more attrition was coming for Ohio State at the position sooner rather than later. That brings us to where we are currently, and we have confirmed that Ewers' name is officially in the portal.

— Pete Thamel broke the story and initially reported Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech as schools of interest. I'd be willing to bet USC becomes a major player as Lincoln Riley takes another shot at landing the five-star. USC was always an early favorite as the Trojans offered at a young age and Ewers liked his visits out that way. My initial intel says he wouldn't enter the portal without a plan but the plan might be a group of schools instead of one pre-determined program. The Tech talk is interesting. Ewers trains with Bobby Stroupe out of APEC in Fort Worth. Stroupe is famous for his work with Pat Mahomes and the two have spent time together. There has also been some speculation that Southlake Carroll head coach Riley Dodge could be pursued for a college job. If Tech made that move, it would make sense for Ewers to follow his old coach and mentor there. I'd also watch for where Graham Harrell ends up. The family always had an affinity for the former Texas Tech passer turned coordinator.

— I think had Texas gone 7-5 or 8-4 this might be a slam dunk. The struggles this season do complicate things a bit. I can say this, there were several times during the spring where it seemed like Texas was emerging as a candidate to flip Ewers thanks to the work of Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee. I was told by a source near Ewers that the two came to Texas having a strong relationship with Ewers already, and they gave him a lot to think about before he ultimately shut his recruitment down again. It's no secret that Ewers grew up a Texas fan, and I could see him liking the potential of riding in like a savior to the program. I could also see him viewing the roster as a problem when it comes to surrounding talent. The losing and perception will be the biggest thing Texas has to overcome. Still, while there are some obstacles, Texas also has a lot of advantages. There hasn't been a lot of word yet coming out of his camp, but we will dig around over the next few days to see what we can find.

8 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Roach

— As I mentioned earlier, this is something we've been watching for over the last couple of months when word started to get out mid-season that Ewers was looking around. In fact, when we started hearing talk about it around the time of the Oklahoma game, Texas wasn't mired in a big-time losing streak and things looked bright on offense. Shortly after the Iowa State game, I was told there was still a concern about the players at Texas and the culture that led to those losses. As we moved into late November, sources still thought he would end up in the portal but several told us Ohio State was working on getting him to stay until spring to see what the quarterback room looked like at that point. Earlier this week, there was a sudden change in the recruitment of Devin Brown that caused him to shut it down and pick Ohio State before hosting Steve Sarkisian on an in-home visit. A source close to the situation told us that they believed more attrition was coming for Ohio State at the position sooner rather than later. That brings us to where we are currently, and we have confirmed that Ewers' name is officially in the portal.

— Pete Thamel broke the story and initially reported Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech as schools of interest. I'd be willing to bet USC becomes a major player as Lincoln Riley takes another shot at landing the five-star. USC was always an early favorite as the Trojans offered at a young age and Ewers liked his visits out that way. My initial intel says he wouldn't enter the portal without a plan but the plan might be a group of schools instead of one pre-determined program. The Tech talk is interesting. Ewers trains with Bobby Stroupe out of APEC in Fort Worth. Stroupe is famous for his work with Pat Mahomes and the two have spent time together. There has also been some speculation that Southlake Carroll head coach Riley Dodge could be pursued for a college job. If Tech made that move, it would make sense for Ewers to follow his old coach and mentor there. I'd also watch for where Graham Harrell ends up. The family always had an affinity for the former Texas Tech passer turned coordinator.

— I think had Texas gone 7-5 or 8-4 this might be a slam dunk. The struggles this season do complicate things a bit. I can say this, there were several times during the spring where it seemed like Texas was emerging as a candidate to flip Ewers thanks to the work of Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee. I was told by a source near Ewers that the two came to Texas having a strong relationship with Ewers already, and they gave him a lot to think about before he ultimately shut his recruitment down again. It's no secret that Ewers grew up a Texas fan, and I could see him liking the potential of riding in like a savior to the program. I could also see him viewing the roster as a problem when it comes to surrounding talent. The losing and perception will be the biggest thing Texas has to overcome. Still, while there are some obstacles, Texas also has a lot of advantages. There hasn't been a lot of word yet coming out of his camp, but we will dig around over the next few days to see what we can find.

They need to stop repeating this shit. If he is concerned about the Texas roster and then signs with Tech, the Texas roster was never the issue. If he goes to USC with their QB roster and with Caleb Williams likely to go there, he would be walking into a situation worse than tOSU.

11 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Mike Roach

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Roach

He doesn’t know an absolute god damn thing

• Hook 'Em 9

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Everyone CALM DOWN!!!  I hate to take the rollercoaster out of all this but

I have a PSA: 

Ewers will  commit to Texas rather early to try and get some of these 22’s before they sign elsewhere. He knows he needs to talent so he will go after some of the Top talent WR, O-Line, TE and RB. 

They all still keep in touch so up until signing day this could definitely be good. 

BTW this was the news I was referring to a few weeks ago 

image.gif.cf1dc44f0c696377657027a693cd2ec3.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Everyone CALM DOWN!!!  I hate to take the rollercoaster out of all this but

I have a PSA: 

Ewers will  commit to Texas rather early to try and get some of these 22’s before they sign elsewhere. He knows he needs to talent so he will go after some of the Top talent WR, O-Line, TE and RB. 

They all still keep in touch so up until signing day this could definitely be good. 

BTW this was the news I was referring to a few weeks ago 

Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Haha 1

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust