Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust

RGBIII

11 minutes ago, XForce said:

Gotta respect Ewers. Got his money, got his college career started. 2 years at Texas and he goes NFL. I approve. 

How bout 4 years here, he banks $12 to $15 million in NIL money, then retires at 22 years old with 2 national championship trophies. He'd be a legend and talked about for years. I know it would never happen but I'm not an NFL fan so that would be my dream scenario.  Actually just give me the 2 national championships. That's all I really give a shit about.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

@Barbacoa get your people on it!!! Give the man (boy?) what he wants!!!!

I have helped with a couple of recruits and like to think I made a difference on one of them, but so far I have actually delivered $0 dollars towards recruiting or NIL initiatives. I've had a good amount that I felt was in play, but it really wasnt until today that I realized after a lot of effort I was going to come out of 22 with a lot of time spent and nothing to show for it. I have no problem saying 5-7 really fucked everything over, but I overestimated my ability to get some large $$$ guys excited about the new possibilities in cfb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

I have helped with a couple of recruits and like to think I made a difference on one of them, but so far I have actually delivered $0 dollars towards recruiting or NIL initiatives. I've had a good amount that I felt was in play, but it really wasnt until today that I realized after a lot of effort I was going to come out of 22 with a lot of time spent and nothing to show for it. I have no problem saying 5-7 really fucked everything over, but I overestimated my ability to get some large $$$ guys excited about the new possibilities in cfb. 

Appreciate your efforts, and your honesty.

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

Yeah, well all I did was click on a link and sign up for Burnt Ends….advantage Barbacoa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I was just kidding around. Appreciate the effort. Although on a serious note, if those guys are ever going to get excited about NIL, this is the recruit to do it. And it's totally legal with him.

Edited by Tex-19

Fong in the 247 comments (first part being about hearing that he'd stay through spring):
I was hearing this too. Much of the buzz has always been around Texas if he did leave so we shall see how it plays out now moving forward.

I know how this plays out, Fong giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Rage+1 1

ok. As of 8 PM, Quinn is following 400 people on Twitter and 356 people on Instagram. I would imagine he is already following anyone with whom he would want to DM, but just writing it down in case it goes up with new school followings. #creepy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

USC wouldn't suck as much. But A&M would be unbearable.

Given the nut punches this year has been, I'd bet actual money on him going to A&M. They're clearly playing the bag game a step above everyone this year. And it's not like the past year impressed anyone with Sark.

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

So, the next couple of weeks could be the biggest weeks in Texas football in the last 12 years. If Ewers comes, many recruits could join, and change the course of Texas football. Or not. Nope, nothing to stress about. 

This right here… I’m nervous af. This could be the catalyst we’ve been desperately hoping for to turn this shit around. 

9 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.f786844b8cd58ae140a44031653bf002.png

OU has Caleb so he isn’t starting there 

USC has everyone transferring there and Dart

Texas has a dust bowl vagina with tumbleweed.    Do we have fucking aids why is this a continued issue.  Let’s transfer to places with fucking 10 dudes in front of us 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Texas has a dust bowl vagina with tumbleweed.    Do we have fucking aids why is this a continued issue.  Let’s transfer to places with fucking 10 dudes in front of us 

Caleb likely isn’t staying there, or has he said something to the contrary?

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Also him potentially getting a little homesick on top of the competition only to go to fucking LA. 

• Like 1

I'm as worried as anyone about landing Ewers bc of recent recruiting events, but when you really think about it, it would be shocking if he left tOSU because of the crowded QB room and then used one transfer on another crowded QB room. That should rule out USC, OU if Caleb stays, and even A&M. 

I know its easy for us to say oh he's clearly better than Weigman and King. While I'm sure it's true on King, King has 2 years in the system. And who knows on Weigman, that guy is good. But regardless of what we think about those two, Ewers has to have some PTSD from the crowded tOSU room so seeing two other 5 stars (it's not like he's studied their film) would seem like a big mental hurdle. 

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

like most things, this will come down to a straight-up comparison between norman and la.

does anyone have any thoughts or literature on the subject i can check out?

We could hash it out again but only if we can go 4, 5 pages on Columbus vs. Lubbock and/or College Station.

• RGBIII changed the title to Ewers or Bust- Lord have mercy I’m bout to bust