2020 Republican National Convention

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Yeah, that stood out to me too as being highly questionable. But are you going to argue that using the White House as a prop isn't worse? Or have the Secretary of Homeland Security using the weight of his office to state in a campaign event that his boss returned "integrity to our immigration system?"

Just now, bolverk said:

Yeah, that stood out to me too as being highly questionable. But are you going to argue that using the White House as a prop isn't worse? Or have the Secretary of Homeland Security using the weight of his office to state in a campaign event that his boss returned "integrity to our immigration system?"

He’s not here to argue shit. Just but Hillary, but Obama etc. etc.

Plus he’s obviously a big longhorn fan. Just look at his name and avatar.

2 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

It’s only wrong when Trump does it. I get it.

It's wrong all 4 times, including when the dems did it, and the at last count 3  brazen Hatch Act violations tonight along with some FEC violations.    

Edit to add because I miscounted.  There's at least 4 brazen Hatch Act violations tonight alone by the GOP.

Edited by lemonlime

No, it isn't only wrong when the President does it. You don't get it. A delegate, holding a job and with a staff of zero making a mistake resulting in a violation is absolutely no different than a Commander in Chief with a staff of (checks notes) hundreds who could be keeping track of campaign rules and informing the President when he's not golfing, tweeting, or watching Fox television. No difference there at all.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Your own article says those two Army reservists are being investigated for their participation in a campaign event. Are you cool with Trump and Wolf and everyone else involved with holding this convention at the White House also being investigated? Every single government employee?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Your own article says those two Army reservists are being investigated for their participation in a campaign event. Are you cool with Trump and Wolf and everyone else involved with holding this convention at the White House also being investigated? Every single government employee?

Yes. I do think Trump needs to be investigated more. His team seems to frequently get a pass on serious things like this. Hatch Act, Logan Act, all of it.

• Fuck You 1

Yes. I do think Trump needs to be investigated more. His team seems to frequently get a pass on serious things like this. Hatch Act, Logan Act, all of it.

Good. Let's hold all accountable for it.. You do the crime, you pay the time.

Law and order and all that.

Just now, Pancho said:

where are republicans getting this idea that Blacks who are Democrats means they can’t “think for themselves?”

I’m a seriously baffled at this “logic.”

Republicans have a hard time understanding Blacks.  They think having one Black friend and not saying the n word in public makes them not racist.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I'm not going to bash her for her accent. Having learned another language and living in another country as a teenager, it's a tough one. My accent was better in French than hers in English, but I was a teenager. The older you are in learning a new language, the harder it is to acquire that new accent.

I will, however, make fun of that fake military garb she's wearing.

• Like 2