Dallas Cowboys 2020 Regular Season Thread: Finally No More Garrett!

Vic Mackey

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’ve never wanted an aneurysm to kill someone more than Jerry Jones and I know that makes me a very bad person to wish that but I’m so fucking tired of this shit

stephen’s dumber and will be worse.  maybe you should just start cheering for the chiefs.  mahomes seems like a good dude. 

Dalton had 4 starts and 3 of them are not good. I feel the playcalling is so limited with him. Yes, he can hit the occasional deep ball down the sidelines but other than that, it is dink and dunk. He needs every single thing to go right to even have a chance to win. Exactly the way he was in Cincy but there, he had a great defense to keep him in games. Can you imagine Dalton trying to come back from deficits Dak did? Lulz.

In 4 starts, Dalton has led us to how many TDs? 5? Not going to cut it. Especially in today's league where it is even easier to move the ball and score. 

If we had a great defense, Dalton could be ok. The second we get down more than one score, we are done.

34 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Two injuries in the OL finished off the Cowboys chances to win with Dalton at QB tonight... Just the way it goes sometimes.

Meh. Those injuries happened on the first drive. This game was close throughout. That was not the reason they lost. They could not stop Washington on the ground. We could never make any plays down the field with any consistency. 

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Meh. Those injuries happened on the first drive. This game was close throughout. That was not the reason they lost. They could not stop Washington on the ground. We could never make any plays down the field with any consistency. 

Meh, couldn't make plays down field because the OL couldn't slow down the rush -- which was aided by Dallas' early loss of their two starting  OT's including their best blocker... 😁  

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

I see a ton of excuses being made for Dalton that I was told Dak needed to deal with and overcome lmao. Funny how that works.Dalton just isn't good. He can't overcome shit. He needed every single thing go right for them last week to win. He played comfortable last week with very little pass rush. Zeke and then run game was extremely effective. This is why I was curious to how we fare against Washington's really good line.  Besides the long TD pass, not a damn thing. 

I see a ton of excuses being made for Dalton that I was told Dak needed to deal with and overcome lmao. Funny how that works.Dalton just isn't good. He can't overcome shit. He needed every single thing go right for them last week to win. He played comfortable last week with very little pass rush. Zeke and then run game was extremely effective. This is why I was curious to how we fare against Washington's really good line.  Besides the long TD pass, not a damn thing. 

Dalton is no longer a starting caliber QB. He’s also not going to command $40M/year in 2021.

We were a 3-7 team coming into that game yesterday, we lost both tackles to start the game, and yall wanna trip out over that fake punt. It wasn't good, but they were at the point where nothing was working and they got desperate. I don't even know why most of yall are even mad about it, didnt we decide that tanking the season is better than winning this ass division?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

We were a 3-7 team coming into that game yesterday, we lost both tackles to start the game, and yall wanna trip out over that fake punt. It wasn't good, but they were at the point where nothing was working and they got desperate. I don't even know why most of yall are even mad about it, didnt we decide that tanking the season is better than winning this ass division?

I'm not mad at it because yea I'm all in on the tank, but if you can't understand how it's a kick in the nuts to know that we have a coach that would call that play, in that situation when he clearly is not in all tank mode  and then stack that on a number of other questionable decisions he has made then I don't know what to tell you.  

Edited by Surly Bevo

27 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I'm not mad at it because yea I'm all in on the tank, but if you can't understand how it's a kick in the nuts to know that we have a coach that would call that play, in that situation when he clearly is not in all tank mode  and then stack that on a number of other questionable decisions he has made then I don't know what to tell you.  

I don't think he tries that for any other reason than pure desperation, tbh. This team can't move the ball with all their Olineman out and Zeke fumblefucking us.

Edited by Pam Cummings

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I don't think he tries that for any other reason than pure desperation, tbh. This team can't move the ball with all their Olineman out and Zeke fumblefucking us.

So you think he was hoping to score a 76 yard TD on that play?  Otherwise let's say you pick up 15 yards and a first down.  You are now at the 39 and still can't move the ball.  If it was out of a "we can't move the ball" desperation that makes it even dumber from that position on the field.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

So you think he was hoping to score a 76 yard TD on that play?  Otherwise let's say you pick up 15 yards and a first down.  You are now at the 39 and still can't move the ball.  If it was out of a "we can't move the ball" desperation that makes it even dumber from that position on the field.  

Just somehow convert it and put Washington on their heels and steal some momentum, i think is the goal there. You can hurry up and try to catch their defense asleep after that because they won't be expecting to have to go back in so soon. 

Honestly the bigger concern is the going for it on 4th and 1 and throwing it(especially due to the injuries and personnel they have to play now). Haven't they done that 3 times now in the last 2 games? That's a strategy that i just don't find any sense in.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

I always thought this was dumb as shit. Why do people imply bandwagon fans would be Dallas Cowboys fans? We haven't even been to a conference championship game in 25 years, much less winning rings. Also, I am sure the bandwagon fans moved on from the Yankees as they have not even reached a World Series in over a decade. I get the sentiment but this isn't the 90s any longer/

1 hour ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Zeke has more fumbles than runs over 12 yards. And has one run over 20 yards and he fumbled and gave the ball away on that play.

The team sucks. Can blame any one guy I guess but need about four 1st rounders, a new coaching staff, new owners.

So yeah we're in good shape.

I am scared Jerry is going to do Jerry things and draft a RB in the 1st rd to replace Zeke.And continue the cycle.

I am also against drafting another OL in the 1st round. Everyone thinks we need to take a 1st rounder to replace Tyron soon since he was a 1st rounder. Negative. We need to learn from the mistake from going all in on the OL with all those 1st rounders and big contracts across the line. Get you a few good ones and surround them with lesser guys but they look better because the 2 good ones anchor the line. The 90s OLine was not all these high draft picks.They just came together great as a unit and were coached damn well. We don't need a slew of 1st rounders here. We tend to be so desperate to re-create the 90s model of winning and go about it all wrong.

How many great years did we get out of our OL we went all in on? A few? 2014 and 2016. And then the injuries started happening and now this thing is in shambles.

Also, looking at the fake punt more and more, I think the design was actually perfect. It was just a clusterfuck of execution. Wilson never even looked up once. Never. Yet the OL did not move down field. Leading me to believe they thought pass. The gunner who is wide open thought pass as he put his hand up. He wasn't blocking. Was this is a serious fuck up on Wilson? All he had to do is stop, set his feet and complete an easy pass for him. He was a QB in college and made a perfect pass to Dak on this same type of play early in the year. It still does not excuse being reckless here by Fat Mike in the game situation but man, the play is designed and executed perfectly to get the gunner free for an an easy big gain or even score.

Capture.png

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am scared Jerry is going to do Jerry things and draft a RB in the 1st rd to replace Zeke.And continue the cycle.

Mino on The Ticket keeps saying that Dallas is gonna take Travis Etienne.  he's kinda joking, but kinda not.  wouldn't surprise anyone.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I am also against drafting another OL in the 1st round. Everyone thinks we need to take a 1st rounder to replace Tyron soon since he was a 1st rounder. Negative. We need to learn from the mistake from going all in on the OL with all those 1st rounders and big contracts across the line. Get you a few good ones and surround them with lesser guys but they look better because the 2 good ones anchor the line. The 90s OLine was not all these high draft picks.They just came together great as a unit and were coached damn well. We don't need a slew of 1st rounders here. We tend to be so desperate to re-create the 90s model of winning and go about it all wrong.

How many great years did we get out of our OL we went all in on? A few? 2014 and 2016. And then the injuries started happening and now this thing is in shambles.

We’re not taking a RB.  You have Zeke for 2 more years.  The OT is clearly the 3rd best prospect on the board but with the Minny win, we’re probably looking at 4-8.  They PSU LB looks fantastic.  He’d be an option if we are smart and cut Jaylon.  Otherwise May look to trade down for someone that wants a 2nd tier QB.  I’m not sure Surtainis worth a top 5 pick although a very good prospect.

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

The Cowboys will be competitively irrelevant until Jerry dies.   And even then, that will require Stephen to see the light and hire a real GM.  Won't be holding my breath then, either. 

Completely agree on Jerrah.

However, I don't think Stephen harbors any similar notion that he is some kind of football god.  Even if he installs himself as GM, it would be a figurehead; I think he would employ and listen to actual football people.

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Completely agree on Jerrah.

However, I don't think Stephen harbors any similar notion that he is some kind of football god.  Even if he installs himself as GM, it would be a figurehead; I think he would employ and listen to actual football people.

Stephen handles all contract negotiations now and that has been, uh, pretty lousy the last decade.  Now, maybe he's simply told who to resign and how or when, but if this is his responsibility, he's cost the Cowboys millions of dollars in not paying Dak, extending Jaylon when they didn't need to, and giving in to Zeke's terrorist demands.  Again, some of that may not be on him, but generally some of it is on the money guy..... Hard to know his exact amount of input but it seems substantial.

• Hook 'Em 2

Current 2021 NFL Draft Order | Rd 1  (as of Nov 29) 

1. New York Jets (0-11)  Strength of Schedule: .589  Remaining Games: LV, @SEA, @LAR, CLE, @NE

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-10) Strength of Schedule: .555  Remaining: @MIN, TEN, @BAL, CHI, @IND

3. Cincinnati Bengals (2-8-1) Strength of Schedule: .541   (@MIA, DAL, PIT, @HOU, BAL)

4.  Dallas Cowboys (3-8) Strength of Schedule: .488  Remaining: @BAL, @CIN, SF, PHI, @NYG

5. Los Angeles Chargers (3-8). Strength of Schedule: .492  (NE, ATL, @LV, DEN, @KC)

6. Carolina Panthers (4-8) Strength of Schedule: .534  (BYE, DEN, @GB, @WSH, NO)

7. Philadelphia Eagles (3-6-1) Strength of Schedule: .523.  ( @GB, NO, @ARI, @DAL, WSH)

8. Washington Football Team (4-7). Strength of Schedule: .468.  (@PIT, @SF, SEA, CAR, @PHI)

9. Detroit Lions (4-7). Strength of Schedule: .506
Remaining Games: @CHI, GB, @TEN, TB, MIN

10. Atlanta Falcons (4-7) Strength of Schedule: .531 (NO, @LAC, TB, @KC, @TB)
11. Miami Dolphins (from Houston 4-7) Strength of Schedule (HOU): .549. Remaining Games (HOU): IND, @CHI, @IND, CIN, TEN

12. Denver Broncos (4-7) Strength of Schedule: .565.  (@KC, @CAR, BUF, @LAC, LV)

****By virtue of leading the NFC EAST

19. New York Giants (4-7). Strength of Schedule: .491.   (@SEA, ARI, CLE, @BAL, DAL

13. Minnesota Vikings (5-6).  Strength of Schedule: .497. (JAC, @TB, CHI, @NO, @DET)

14. Chicago Bears (5-6) Strength of Schedule: .500.   (DET, HOU, @MIN, @JAC, GB)

15. New England Patriots (5-6). Strength of Schedule: .506.  (@LAC, @LAR, @MIA, BUF, NYJ )

16. San Francisco 49ers (5-6). Strength of Schedule: .529.  (BUF, WSH, @DAL, @ARI, SEA)

Edited by LTtxfan