Deion Sanders "Coach Prime" Now At Colorado

Don Johnson

1 minute ago, Chewbacca said:

He can't recruit high school kids.  Haven't you heard?

Gonna be honest, I think Deion brings a lot of this shit on to himself.   Win something and then chirp.  Or maybe don’t chirp.  I think he has a lot of ingredients to be successful but I honestly can’t blame people for hating him.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Gonna be honest, I think Deion brings a lot of this shit on to himself.   Win something and then chirp.  Or maybe don’t chirp.  I think he has a lot of ingredients to be successful but I honestly can’t blame people for hating him.  

I agree, but he is who he is.  I'm just along for the ride.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

He can't recruit high school kids.  Haven't you heard?

the stars and scrubs strategy really is going to be interesting to follow, because nobody else in the country or as long as i have followed recruiting has done it at all.

currently has 1 top 100 composite recruit (Seaton is #15 overall) with 2 more between 100 and 105 . then everything really drops off a cliff with the next highest recruiting being a .9160 which computes to the #230 recruit in Texas. he has some RB recruit at the bottom of the class that's a .87xx which is outside the top 650 composite players in Texas.

it's also wild as hell that he's out here totally ignoring the state of Colorado with high school recruits? signed 1 last cycle and has 0 committed this cycle even though recruits in the state top 10 are committed to P5s like Tenn, Nebraska and USC...last year there were commits going to places like Oregon and OU and Michigan too. so not like it's just a dreadful state for producing talent

also you sure seems early to be taking a victory lap about a recruiting class when 0 of them have signed yet lol

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chooky said:

Jason whitlock, guy with an abdomen that looks like it's stuffed with a sack of other abdomens, had two former players tell him Sanders has a rug at his office door that says "did I say you could come in" on it. And the hall that leads to that office has a rolled out red carpet on top of the carpet. Basically, the kind of closed door community that every regular kid can relcoming.

We comin'.

Jason Whitlock is a POS, a known liar, and lacks morals in general.

This could be a true story, and it wouldn't shock me, but it would take much better than Jason Whitlock saying it for me to find it credible.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:
Colorado has 10 commits for 2024 and is 247’s 52nd ranked class. He’s crushing it. 

According to Prime, there is a lot coming behind Seaton.

like most coaches that went 4-8 he can sell playing time

23 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Jason Whitlock is a POS, a known liar, and lacks morals in general.

This could be a true story, and it wouldn't shock me, but it would take much better than Jason Whitlock saying it for me to find it credible.

He didn't say it. Somehow YouTube paved that fat sack of garbage in my play through. He was interviewing two former players who are transferring out. Real tabloid nonsense. But that's what they stated. Not whitlock. 

7 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:
Colorado has 10 commits for 2024 and is 247’s 52nd ranked class. He’s crushing it. 

He says that towards the end of every cycle, whether recruiting or transfer cycle. He did it from the jump at Jackson State each year, then did it in the spring at CU and now he's doing it with this period for recruiting and transfers. You can look it up and maybe educate yourself if you'd like. He does it because he thinks it generates some kind of momentum.

In reality, you were pushing an agenda earlier in this thread that included the notion that the top QB in the country was going to sign with CU and that the recruiting class was going to be the balls. You're either as full of shit as Deion or just ignorant when it comes to recruiting, or maybe a little bit of both. Regardless, the recruiting class will define top heavy, it is loaded with bread beneath the top layer, and most of these players will only contribute for CU if there aren't enough holdovers or new transfers to make up a viable two deep. 

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Sounds like a NowThis type of recruit.

• Haha 1

We, as Texas fans from 2010 to 2021, know all too well how 5 stars turn into college 2 stars if you don't develop them. 

This does have a very 

Spoiler

MAGA

vibe to it. Like a house of cards built on bullshit and ignorance. I wonder how long the leash is if year 3 Deion is still in that 4-6 win range. 

16 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
17 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Prime makes Peter North jealous with all of the coming.

Damn. Sorry for jinxing you there Tomlin. I didn't mean it. 

How good is Tomlin really? The organization is great. That’s the seemingly universal opinion. He only won with a QB that he didn’t draft.

They obvious hit on some draft picks like a TJ Watt, but they miss a ton. Najee when you need Oline. Then when you try to address Oline you miss.

3 playoff wins since 2010. He won the Super Bowl in year 2, returned in year 4. Then only 3 wins since. In the past 6 seasons, he’s won double digits only once. Did he build that team that won or did he inherit it?

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

How good is Tomlin really? The organization is great. That’s the seemingly universal opinion. He only won with a QB that he didn’t draft.

They obvious hit on some draft picks like a TJ Watt, but they miss a ton. Najee when you need Oline. Then when you try to address Oline you miss.

3 playoff wins since 2010. He won the Super Bowl in year 2, returned in year 4. Then only 3 wins since. In the past 6 seasons, he’s won double digits only once. Did he build that team that won or did he inherit it?

is Mike Tomlin really that great?!?

1) Mike Tomlin isn't the GM, that's Omar Khan who has been with the team since 2001 in different roles. they had a GM that was there from basically 2000 to 2021. Khan took over in 2022.

2) Mike Tomlin is going to finish this year inside the top 15 coaches in NFL wins ever and has a very real chance, if he coaches 3 more full years, to finish inside the top 10 all time.

3) Mike Tomlin has coached in the NFL for 16 years and has never had a losing record. has a win% better than Parcells, Chuck Knox, Dan Reeves, Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, Tom Landry, Marv Levy and Mike Shanahan.

so yes, Mike Tomlin is pretty fucking good.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

1) Mike Tomlin isn't the GM, that's Omar Khan who has been with the team since 2001 in different roles. they had a GM that was there from basically 2000 to 2021. Khan took over in 2022.

2) Mike Tomlin is going to finish this year inside the top 15 coaches in NFL wins ever and has a very real chance, if he coaches 3 more full years, to finish inside the top 10 all time.

3) Mike Tomlin has coached in the NFL for 16 years and has never had a losing record. has a win% better than Parcells, Chuck Knox, Dan Reeves, Chuck Noll, Bill Cowher, Tom Landry, Marv Levy and Mike Shanahan.

Mike Tomlin benefits from the stability of the Steelers org. I know i know he doesn't have a QB. But he is inept when it comes to offense. It's a glaring issue. Meanwhile the guy in Indianapolis is winning with Minshew. Josh Dobbs walked into Minnesota without knowing the playbook and had a better game than any Steelers QB has had in a while, certainly this year. As the HC, the pathetic state of their offense is on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Pittsburgh as a franchise is currently stuck in the NFL limbo of not good but not bad and constantly goes 9-8 and barely makes the playoffs.

I think that is a whole organization thing, not just a Tomlin thing. 

He is one of the best coaches as far as wins and longevity in the game.

But I guess to frustrated Steeler fans I have to admit that Tomlin isn't entirely off the hook.

Still he hasn't had a losing season ever.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Seems like he’s regurgitating Deion’s recruiting pitch to me.

Why else would you go across the country to a 4-8 team when the coach doesn’t bother to visit?

Because he is Deion Sanders. He still has the hype train going.

Besides, pretty sure somebody said something like that when we had Strong here. 

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Mike Tomlin benefits from the stability of the Steelers org. I know i know he doesn't have a QB. But he is inept when it comes to offense. It's a glaring issue. Meanwhile the guy in Indianapolis is winning with Minshew. Josh Dobbs walked into Minnesota without knowing the playbook and had a better game than any Steelers QB has had in a while, certainly this year. As the HC, the pathetic state of their offense is on him.

Mike Tomin has never called an offensive play in his entire career as far as I know, not a single one.

he came up in the NFL on the defensive side as part of the Tampa 2 stuff that Monte Kiffin was running down there.

Shane Steichen is currently 7-5. Mike Tomlin is currently 7-6 this year and has won 8+ games in every single season he has ever coached at the NFL level. all 16 of them.

has he benefited from the stability? sure. but acting like he may not be very good when we have actual results that say "yeah, he's pretty good" is really fucking dumb.

should he have fired Matt Canada long ago? absolutely.

acting like we may not know if a guy who has 0 losing seasons in 16 years of coaching at the NFL level is good is an all time terrible take.

not saying he's up there as one of the 5 greatest coaches of all time, but he's absolutely a good to great coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

You know, I've not yet posted in this thread but have kept up with it.

It donned on me that this entire thing is like a Mexican Novella to me.

I know that the plot is drama and bullshit. I speak just enough Spanish to get the basic idea of what's occurring, but not specifics. I don't really need them because the only real reason I haven't changed the channel immediately is because of the eye candy. As soon as the eye candy goes away, I do to. 

So... I know Deion isn't in this for the long haul. He doesn't give a shit about CU at all. Mostly, like when he was at Jackson, he's really there to pimp his son. Secondary cause is con his way into another job. I don't know enough about his motivation or any details to know any depths, and I really don't care. I'm just waiting for the train wreck and occasionally checking in for signs it's coming. When there are no signs.. I change the channel.

Manufactured drama sells, but it doesn't hold my attention for long, particularly if smoking hot Latin women in tight outfits aren't involved.

Supporting evidence:

Screenshot_20231208_085107_Instagram.thumb.jpg.4f0052d724dddcc118e58f3ee264bec8.jpgScreenshot_20231208_085021_Instagram.thumb.jpg.9519cb5970d0efef5fee41c620c9008e.jpgElizabeth_Gutierrez.jpg.94dae5b6443d97eab66615ce78c8c8f3.jpgMV5BNDk2OTMzMjQ0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzk0OTUzMQ@@._V1_.jpg.760251ec61f4ec1f42b3c36d66a6e76e.jpgconozca-nuevo-cambio-look-gaby-espino_244732.jpg.67ffae6d655b1a4d1cef97d5e3a7a08e.jpgimages(1).jpeg.c70919c40e202a0812d2473278abbb14.jpegdownload.jpeg.986eeb1facc9241dc92ab6b308921aa1.jpegMV5BMDU2ODExYzUtZjQwZC00MGEwLWFiODItMmUyM2QwNGFkOWM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMyMDg4MTkz._V1_.thumb.jpg.f91390947a7c67e4c8295196fd74e390.jpggettyimages-91331853-612x612.jpg.ecdbe62688b31a1ff351c47406a0ea5b.jpgMV5BMTg0MDU1NDk0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgyMTY1Mg@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.thumb.jpg.1d1959c07c9e74950bbb19be13236796.jpgFLLypKkWUAo_m9o.jpg.da12d163f490784f5d478037ee16e028.jpg

Screenshot_20231208_085012_Instagram.jpg

FB_IMG_1702046888971.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, NoName said:

Mike Tomin has never called an offensive play in his entire career as far as I know, not a single one.

he came up in the NFL on the defensive side as part of the Tampa 2 stuff that Monte Kiffin was running down there.

Shane Steichen is currently 7-5. Mike Tomlin is currently 7-6 this year and has won 8+ games in every single season he has ever coached at the NFL level. all 16 of them.

has he benefited from the stability? sure. but acting like he may not be very good when we have actual results that say "yeah, he's pretty good" is really fucking dumb.

should he have fired Matt Canada long ago? absolutely.

acting like we may not know if a guy who has 0 losing seasons in 16 years of coaching at the NFL level is good is an all time terrible take.

not saying he's up there as one of the 5 greatest coaches of all time, but he's absolutely a good to great coach.

I don't know how good Tomlin is. I think he's far better than some of the clown coaches that we see. I also think that every year when we talk about how "he's never had a losing record" that that translates into "he does just well enough to not be fired".

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, NoName said:

agreed.  Tomlin is damn good.  He did take over a pretty decent situation from Cowher, which speaks to the organization strength.  He's right at the average win percentage for the Steelers overall.  If I only looked like him he might be my favorite coach, because that is apparently important.

• Haha 1