Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

Just now, troph said:

I’d like balance too but we need a conservative party that doesn’t have retaliation and punishment of people of color, LGBTQ folk and women as a founding pillar. Family values should include queer families and immigrant families. DACA is humane it’s not R or D. I could go on and on. The only way to get balance back is to bury this GOP. Bury them with out remorse and our future generations of progressives and conservatives will thank us.

giphy.gif

i'm with you. i want balance, i think it is important for the necessary compromise required for good government. but we are past that kind of environment. there is no compromise, and republicans killed it. so we have to end them as a party. we have to always vote against them. never again. there is no such thing as a good republican. they support fascism.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

the reason you would not do this is because when we win both the legislative and the executive we are going to take your party out back and shoot it in the fucking head, and then rewrite the constitution to fix our government

if you don't like rules, if you don't give a shit about "decorum" or basic concepts of fairness and representative democracy, prepare to be silenced

This is pure fantasy. The last time Dems controlled the executive and both chambers of Congress the best they could do was to pass a healthcare plan based on ideas that came from the heritage foundation. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 17

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

My guess is she went into hospice in the last 7-10 days

yeah, and that's why trump did his fucking victory lap announcing supreme court justice nominations. he made sure she heard a list of her possible successors before she died. because he, and anyone who identifies as republican, is a piece of shit. 

Edited by hayden_horn
  • Hook 'Em 4

This is pure fantasy. The last time Dems controlled the executive and both chambers of Congress the best they could do was to pass a healthcare plan based on ideas that came from the heritage foundation. 

Because Dems wanted bipartisan support. That shit should not happen again. If they do try that nonsense again there will be hell to pay. It’s time to kill the GOP. Bury them and let a new Conservative party try and re-emerge.
  • Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is a more succinct post of where i am at. the republican party needs to end. 

That is my fervent hope.  That if we survive this, the GOP is reconstituted, or failed entirely and replaced by a party of principled conservatism, which means, to me, not trying to go backward, but rather to temper the pace of "progress" with an eye toward the fiscal and restraint of government growth and unintended or unforeseen consequences.  And that entails and requires cooperation and compromise with the opposition.

What frightens me a bit, with court-packing, is that we get on an endless do-loop of "imbalance" on the Court, add a couple of justices, rinse/repeat.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

the reason you would not do this is because when we win both the legislative and the executive we are going to take your party out back and shoot it in the fucking head, and then rewrite the constitution to fix our government

if you don't like rules, if you don't give a shit about "decorum" or basic concepts of fairness and representative democracy, prepare to be silenced

Can we do fozz right now?  I don’t think we need to wait.  

• Haha 1

Just now, troph said:

Because Dems wanted bipartisan support. That shit should not happen again. If they do try that nonsense again there will be hell to pay. It’s time to kill the GOP. Bury them and let a new Conservative party try and re-emerge.

Democrats are the pawl to the Republicans' ratchet.  If you expect them to reverse roles you're going to be bitterly mistaken.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 17

But of course, the real rule in 2016 was "the good old rule ... the simple plan, that they should take who have the power, and they should keep who can." What McConnell did in 2016 was an assertion of brute power, and what he proposes in 2020 is another assertion of brute power. And so the question arises: Does McConnell in fact have the power he asserts?

The answer may be no, for four reasons.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/09/four-reasons-doubt-mitch-mcconnells-power/616416/

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Hopefully the dems will still be pushovers when they are the conservative party.

I think you could argue dems are, in a sense, the conservative party while Republicans are the accelerationists.  Dems serve to stabilize and legitimate the course charted by the Republicans.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 12

Just now, Dr. Beeper said:

Man I did not expect the negative rep I got here. I was speaking very matter of factly and not gloating.  Under the current rules I would fully expect the Dems to do exactly what McConnell purports to do. Perhaps the procedures for appointments need to change. 

Anyway, while there is absolutely nothing fair about politics or life, I’m sorry I clearly offended people who are fearful right now. For what it’s worth I will not be voting for Trump for a second consecutive election. 

No point in apologizing to these people for anything. They don’t care. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 6

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is my fervent hope.  That if we survive this, the GOP is reconstituted, or failed entirely and replaced by a party of principled conservatism, which means, to me, not trying to go backward, but rather to temper the pace of "progress" with an eye toward the fiscal and restraint of government growth and unintended or unforeseen consequences.  And that entails and requires cooperation and compromise with the opposition.

What frightens me a bit, with court-packing, is that we get on an endless do-loop of "imbalance" on the Court, add a couple of justices, rinse/repeat.

It would be nice to have that kind of conservative party. I doubt we see anything resembling something like that for at least 30-40 years. We’re dealing with a party controlled in part by a cult, in part by people who idolize nazis and South American right wing death squads, and in part by a few ultra wealthy people who think they’re entitled to the world and view everyone else as disposable, at best. The cult and the Nazi idolizers have been talking up justifications for genocide to get themselves psyched up for it and the wealthy sure as fuck aren’t going to stop them.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Despacito Joe must be taking a day of mourning. 

well, um, that would be a, um, normal thing for someone to do. at least someone with any sense of decorum. the president listed her successors before she even breathed her last breath, and the senate majority leader issued a press release about her successor before she was even in the ground. 

because republicans are nihilistic fuckheads.

• Hook 'Em 9
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

If you don't post rah-rah dem cheerleading bullshit in the CR you get auto-negged.  They want an echo chamber.

this is actually not true. there is room here for real discourse, but modern day republicans supporting president trump aren't about real discourse. 

i was once made fun of on the the old site for talking about the idea of nuance. there is no nuance any longer. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just now, hayden_horn said:

well, um, that would be a, um, normal thing for someone to do. at least someone with any sense of decorum. the president listed her successors before she even breathed her last breath, and the senate majority leader issued a press release about her successor before she was even in the ground. 

GR Horn will cheer when MAGA Isis convoys start shooting up liberal neighborhoods and then pretend to be offended when someone tells him to get fucked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

this is actually not true. there is room here for real discourse, but modern day republicans supporting president trump aren't about real discourse. 

i was once made fun of on the the old site for talking about the idea of nuance. there is no nuance any longer. 

lmao so the beliefs of 45+% of the voting population are simply not "real discourse" and thus should be censored on this here political subforum?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 14

Just now, wildcat09 said:

GR Horn will cheer when MAGA Isis convoys start shooting up liberal neighborhoods and then pretend to be offended when someone tells him to get fucked.

I’m just positioning myself for a seat on President Trump’s Council on Moral Behavior. I think we can have the Uterine Confiscation Squads up and running in short order. 

• Fuck You 8

4 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

If you don't post rah-rah dem cheerleading bullshit in the CR you get auto-negged.  They want an echo chamber.

A Fox News parrot accusing others of wanting an echo chamber.

It would actually be semi-clever if you were bright enough to be going for self-aware irony. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, TexArcher said:

A Fox News parrot accusing others of wanting an echo chamber.

It would actually be semi-clever if you were bright enough to be going for self-aware irony. 

Hating the democratic party as it's currently constituted doesn't necessarily make you a Fox News parrot.  Don't be so presumptuous.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 10

8 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

lmao so the beliefs of 45+% of the voting population are simply not "real discourse" and thus should be censored on this here political subforum?  

You have the right to say stupid shit,  and we have the right to neg you back to your mom’s mobile home. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

who is censoring what you stupid dissembling fuckstick?

The auto-negging of every post by someone identified as being on the wrong team irrespective of the actual content of the particular post with the intent of getting that person banned is censorship.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 14

22 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Agreed.  The woman overcame substantial obstacles, fought for what she believed in, and gave 40 years of her life to this country as a judge.

If you have a bone of decency in your body, you give her the respect in death that she deserves.  To hell with politics for a day or two.

Also, if you haven't seen it, "On The Basis Of Sex" is a great film, or a great story, at least.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Horn Dog said:

You gotta love the innocent republican “why the outrage?” shrug every time they pull their latest shittery.

This.  And I'm fucking tired of it.  It's immature trolling and it's fucking up the rest of the world.  Fuck these people.  It's all fun and games until people have had enough, and I've fucking had enough.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

*  actually not babies

Exactly.

All you have to do is ask the pro-life crowd, "Is an egg a chicken?" and watch their heads try to deal with the cognitive dissonance of realizing that their entire sacred baby saver argument is complete horseshit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I’m just positioning myself for a seat on President Trump’s Council on Moral Behavior. I think we can have the Uterine Confiscation Squads up and running in short order. 

Well not until they finish intentionally separating kids from parents at the border and instigating protestors in “liburl” cities.
  • Like 1