Ruth Bader Ginsburg is dead

Michael Knight

23 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I see zero posts indicating how an additional conservative Supreme Court justice is going to endanger the livelihood of women and LGBTQ.

Going to be awkward for them to argue that it will endanger women when he picks Amy Barrett. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 19

Going to be awkward for them to argue that it will endanger women when he picks Amy Barrett. 

Well rich white women will still be able to get abortions. It’s the poor, rural, women of color that won’t. So to be clear when we say endanger women we mean republicans will still make sure theirs can get abortions quietly but the poors, dems and women of color cannot.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Well rich white women will still be able to get abortions. It’s the poor, rural, women of color that won’t. So to be clear when we say endanger women we mean republicans will still make sure theirs can get abortions quietly but the poors, dems and women of color cannot.

We were moving in that direction with RBG on the court, and I think that will continue to be the case. No reason to risk the backlash with overturning Roe when you can accomplish the same end by allowing red states to pass whatever restrictions they wish. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 15

27 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Roe v Wade won't be "reversed," i.e. abortion won't be made federally illegal.  The decision will just be struck down so that abortion legality will get kicked back to the states  And then it'll be made illegal throughout the entire Deep South and a lot of girls who can't afford to drive a thousand miles will have unsafe "back alley" abortions and some of them will die.  And, ironically, all of you good Christian Republicans don't give a solitary fuck about that.

And I wouldn't say Republicans are going after the livelihood of the gay community.  But y'all sure aren't big fans of them having the same civil rights that you and I do, as if they're human beings or something.

Republicans will just paint those poor women who got abortions as sinners.

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

The CR, a place where a silent act of dissent from the orthodoxy brings rage and curses. Nice level of discourse we have here. Grow up. 

Be careful what you say here or they will try to censor you by negging you hundreds of times.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 20

I was told only Republicans run on fear. This thread would suggest otherwise. 

They’re coming for your guns = They’re coming for your uteri. 

Not afraid, just angry that morally bankrupt white men are trying to run a racket on the rest of us.
  • Like 1

Just now, troph said:

Not afraid, just angry that morally bankrupt white men are trying to run a racket on the rest of us.

Why does it matter that they are white men?  If the situation were reversed and the richest people in this country tended to be black women everything would be hunky dory?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 12

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Except one is false and the other is true.

Sensible gun control 

Sensible abortion restrictions 

Presidential candidates that claim to disagree with Heller case

Presidential candidates that claim to disagree with roe v wade 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Be careful what you say here or they will try to censor you by negging you hundreds of times.  

I won’t neg you at all, but your party is a morally bankrupt hypocritical operation the likes of which compare more to the Pharisees which Jesus continually rebuked. So I’m keeping with the Christian theme I’ll just continue to call it as it is. Moral bankruptcy. You don’t have the high ground punishing women of color, rural women and poor women. You are in the gutter with the worst of them.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, troph said:

I won’t neg you at all, but your party is a morally bankrupt hypocritical operation the likes of which compare more to the Pharisees which Jesus continually rebuked. So I’m keeping with the Christian theme I’ll just continue to call it as it is. Moral bankruptcy. You don’t have the high ground punishing women of color, rural women and poor women. You are in the gutter with the worst of them.

I've never voted for a Republican in my life.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 12

Why does it matter that they are white men?  If the situation were reversed and the richest people in this country tended to be black women everything would be hunky dory?

Let’s stay in realityville please. But in alternative universe where whites are the enslaved population and had to have their own civil rights movement and the aliens continue to systematically oppress the white man then yes you would be correct.

Sensible gun control 

Sensible abortion restrictions 

And you actually think that's a reasonable comparison.  Good lord.

Let me help you: one can be used to murder a classroom full of school children and the other is a deeply personal decision about what happens literally inside the decider's own body.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, troph said:

Let’s stay in realityville please. But in alternative universe where whites are the enslaved population and had to have their own civil rights movement and the aliens continue to systematically oppress the white man then yes you would be correct.

Is it your belief that human history is defined by struggle between different races?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 7

12 hours ago, BradInATX said:

I think it's a bit group-thinky to negbomb Fozz. You may think his takes are stupid and they often are, but he's genuine and he's intellectually consistent (which a lot on this board are not). It's nice to see someone defending their opinions without using stupid memes or disingenuity like many, even if end of day I think a lot of his beliefs are wackadoo. It's weak sauce to try to fatwa him, don't do it.

This hillbilly moron travelingtexan who is almost assuredly a sock, probably stone oak, on the other hand... 

atomic bomb explosion GIF

11 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Dems wouldn’t dare try to expand SCOTUS.    No one who isn’t a fucking child believes otherwise. 

Give Fozzz a chance to make you look like a total fucking dumbass and he's going to knock it out of the park. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

And you actually think that's a reasonable comparison.  Good lord.

Let me help you: one can be used to murder a classroom full of school children and the other is a deeply personal decision about what happens literally inside the decider's own body.

One is about being able to defend yourself. 

One is about defending those that can’t defend themselves. 

It’s ok. The two sides value different things.  Just pointing out that they’re the big “fear issues” for the Supreme Court. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

On the flip side, Dems are already going to scare people into voting now no matter what. There will be ZERO credit given for holding back. Might as well do what you can while you can. 

Yeah, how dare those evil Democrats encourage high voter turnout.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

My wife and I discussed it last night: it must have been either Kavanaugh or Ginny Thomas who gave them a heads up.

I mean she had stage 4 pancreatic cancer that “came back” for the 3rd time recently. No one needed to give a heads up

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Republican = I can’t believe the lack of civil discourse as I take away your rights. 

Republicans while choking the life out of you: “Good heavens, I can’t believe how rude you’re being to me!”

Fuck these people. Fuck every one of them. 

35 minutes ago, troph said:

White women are foot soldiers for the patriarchy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Just now, Celery Man said:

the reason you would not do this is because when we win both the legislative and the executive we are going to take your party out back and shoot it in the fucking head, and then rewrite the constitution to fix our government

if you don't like rules, if you don't give a shit about "decorum" or basic concepts of fairness and representative democracy, prepare to be silenced

this is a more succinct post of where i am at. the republican party needs to end. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I’d like balance too but we need a conservative party that doesn’t have retaliation and punishment of people of color, LGBTQ folk and women as a founding pillar. Family values should include queer families and immigrant families. DACA is humane it’s not R or D. I could go on and on. The only way to get balance back is to bury this GOP. Bury them with out remorse and our future generations of progressives and conservatives will thank us.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 5

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I mean she had stage 4 pancreatic cancer that “came back” for the 3rd time recently. No one needed to give a heads up

My guess is she went into hospice in the last 7-10 days.  At that point it went from “she’s sick but working” to “it’s happening”

Edited by Bateshorn