Cowboys vs Browns: Week 4

Vic Mackey

I mean if I had any hope the defend would make any improvement at ALL I’d be okay.

But you can’t ask this offense to be perfect. Every mistake is magnified because they simply can’t stop anyone. And the special teams suck.

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I mean... put some of the blame on Cooper. Just like last game.........

Little column A, little column B. Or should I point to the throw two plays earlier that was just turribly bad? Another "empty stat" game and a loss. Don't worry. They're still likely to win the NFC East.

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

your second point is a really good idea

who cares if they kick off from your own 10 you can still fair catch it and get it at the 25 or let it go out of the end zone and same thing

agreed(although they would try an onsides kick) but that would never happen.  they only get the 5 yards on the KO if they make it.  if you are offsides and you block they accept and rekick.  if you are offides and they make they get the 5 yards.

it is possible you could do it so many times and block or miss and they end up going for 2 instead closer.

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

DB jumped that route perfectly.

Wish he hadn’t thrown that.

You know how many QBs throw that ball with total trust in their WR. That's completely on Amari. Nobody is going to be wide ass open with the field compressed like that in that situation. Dak is 100% throwing to a spot expecting Amari not to stutter step and short arm the ball. 

Amari has a healthy amount of bitchass in him. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I mean if I had any hope the defend would make any improvement at ALL I’d be okay.

But you can’t ask this offense to be perfect. Every mistake is magnified because they simply can’t stop anyone. And the special teams suck.

Perfect? They had 14 points in the first three quarters before waking up when they're behind 41-14.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Perfect? They had 14 points in the first three quarters before waking up when they're behind 41-14.

exactly.  they were shit until Cleveland did what every NFL team does when they think they have it won.  they started to play soft.

they had a chance until the stupid dumb kickoff.  cleveland would not have called that reverse on their 25.

both sides lost this game and ST had a hand in it due to the KO.

The Cowboys D is so bad they blocked an extra point into a two point conversion. 
this is Jerruh’s team. Jerruh’s loss. 
Dallas 1-3 first time since 2010

Browns 3-1 for first time since 2001

we can’t expect every team to collapse like the Falcons and we can’t not score for two whole quarters while we get further behind. We can’t win from behind. We didn’t do shit after scoring 14 points until we finally realized there are only four quarters. This team for some reason falls asleep in the second and third quarter. Fuck Jerruh.

9 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You know how many QBs throw that ball with total trust in their WR. That's completely on Amari. Nobody is going to be wide ass open with the field compressed like that in that situation. Dak is 100% throwing to a spot expecting Amari not to stutter step and short arm the ball. 

Amari has a healthy amount of bitchass in him. 

amari wants to know why amari can't have a fade route called for him...Michael Irvin should shit all over him.

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Little column A, little column B. Or should I point to the throw two plays earlier that was just turribly bad? Another "empty stat" game and a loss. Don't worry. They're still likely to win the NFC East.

Nah man, that was all column Amari. There were plenty of bad Dak throws, but at least he's smart enough now to put heat on them. There's a reason dbs play defense and not offense. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lmao at expecting this defense to EVER make a play when it matters the most.

I wouldn't say I expected the defense to make a play. I think more that the Browns were visibly shaken at that point and I would have kicked deep and taken my chances because momentum was certainly with the Cowboys.

I was in the car for the Beckham reverse TD and then saw all the Jaylon talk from that play. That wasn't on him. He came from clear across the field and couldn't beat Beckham in a foot race to the endzone. I don't even know #48's name but he's the one with the egregiously bad effort on that play. (I don't want to give the impression that I think Jaylon is very good. Feel like I need to make that clear here.)

So dak now has the most passing yards thru the first 4 games if anyone ever, the most passing yards in any 3 consecutive games ever, has a 450, 475, and 500 yard game already...and they are 1-3 and should be 0-4. 

what is to be gleaned from this?

the 500 yards today was essentially all earned in the first and fourth quarters, a half of football. The other half of the game involves the offense doing less than nothing because of the turnovers, and the defense allowing td after td to the tune of 31 (34?) straight. And then when defense mattered again with 3 minutes to go, one play td in which over pursuit, a bad angle taken behind the LOS, and then poor tackling were put on display concurrently. 

Tough to blame an offense that puts up the cumulative numbers it did today vs a defense that offered zero resistance and gave up 49, but the offense absolutely bungled the 2nd and third quarters to help Cleveland run up the huge lead that enables them to manage the 4th like they did.

and yeah add in coaching including the last kickoff when they were only down 3 and had a timeout and the 2 minute warning.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I don't think they are. I think it's far more likely Wentz gets it together than cowboys D all of a sudden gets decent. I'd put Philadelphia as the likely winners as of right now just on that probability

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I wouldn't say I expected the defense to make a play. I think more that the Browns were visibly shaken at that point and I would have kicked deep and taken my chances because momentum was certainly with the Cowboys.

True but even at that, the Cowboys has the Browns play snuffed out. It should have been a huge loss, which Dallas most likely gets the ball back down 3 at that point. Not only was it not a loss, the Browns scored.

That sums up this defense. They have zero idea how to get off the field when they need to. All this defense had to do was make one stop and get the offense the ball back and we win last week and most likely this week. This might be the absolute worst defense I have ever seen. You don't even see random high school defenses give up this amount of points, poor tackling, out of position constantly and so many open WRs.

If it isn't a QB making us look silly through the air, it's giving up about 300 yards on the ground without their best RB. Embarrassing. 

This season is already done. There is no hope with this defense. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Let me first preface this with the acknowledgement that the defense is absolutely atrocious, but part of their problem is we can never sustain a lead long enough for them to be in pass rushing situations. Did we ever have the ball up 14-7 or did we give up that lead immediately following the go ahead score? 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

1 minute ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The early game fuckups by the offense are exacerbating our garbage defense. The only chance the defense has is to be on the field with a 2 score lead, less than 60 seconds remaining, and no timeouts for the opponent. 

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The early game fuckups by the offense are exacerbating our garbage defense. The only chance the defense has is to be on the field with a 2 score lead.  

That’s really what it boils down to. You’re already asking the offense to be borderline perfect. But when we’re turning it over multiple times while it’s still a one possession game, we have no chance.

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I was in the car for the Beckham reverse TD and then saw all the Jaylon talk from that play. That wasn't on him. He came from clear across the field and couldn't beat Beckham in a foot race to the endzone. I don't even know #48's name but he's the one with the egregiously bad effort on that play. (I don't want to give the impression that I think Jaylon is very good. Feel like I need to make that clear here.)

I don't think many, if any, folks were giving him a hard time about that specific play, it was every other fucking play.  He's been awful.

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

he was standing at the 40 yard line with his thumb up his ass and took off chasing when it was too late.