Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Kansas St side is saying that they heard A&M offered 3x his current salary(825k). Guess we will see later today.

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If they offered $2.5 million a year for Klein they are fucking beyond stupid. That would probably make him the highest paid OC in college football and he's not even a top 15 OC. 

I think they are paying Klein $1 Million to coach offense and Evan Stewart $1.5 Million to stay. That is probably where the 2.5 number came from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I think they are paying Klein $1 Million to coach offense and Evan Stewart $1.5 Million to stay. That is probably where the 2.5 number came from.

It would take more than that to keep me in Klein's system. He's never even had a WR with 750 yards receiving and Malik Knowles was a very good college receiver that would put up big numbers in a different offense. 

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

It would take more than that to keep me in Klein's system. He's never even had a WR with 750 yards receiving and Malik Knowles was a very good college receiver that would put up big numbers in a different offense. 

He's never had "Wonder Boy" Weigman at QB either. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

It's going to be very interesting what Weigman and Stewart do now. This offense is not built for them at all. 

Fitting. Had to turn to the BDF. Definitely an upgrade from the historic mean. 😹

Edited by Tex Pete

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

This is the Gulf Coast offense 2.0. Coach Slocum shed a tear at this news

Theres only one thing left to do: hire Bucky Richardson as QB Coach. 

Bucky can add this Collin Klein staple to their QB drill repertoire:

spacer.png

He can also bring along his mutant son. Aggy is used to having mutant sons around. It’s become another turdition. JP can be an on-field replacement for Bat Boy. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

image.png.de9034e1160f5dd28f20a4db2d0a12ae.png

1 spacer.png

2 Who could ever forget that historic moment from five years ago?

image.png.73eeba4f252d9b122115c6fc5e8e1479.png

Your whole delusion about being the fourth most talented team in CFB and Plan 2023 From Outer Space is founded on star ratings that you never shut up about. How many posts quoted here start out, "With our talent...?"

Further, if he's the kind of exemplary human being that you want in your program, why is he leaving? Playing time? There should be quite a bit of that available considering the hemorrhage through the portal.

Everything is fine. We got our man as coach. We got tons of talent. Everybody wants to work or play at A&M. But mainly, I knew all of this stuff beforehand but kept it a secret. Pay me.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.de9034e1160f5dd28f20a4db2d0a12ae.png

1 spacer.png

Everything is fine. We got our man as coach. We got tons of talent. Everybody wants to work or play at A&M. But mainly, I knew all of this stuff beforehand but kept it a secret. Pay me.

Billy knew it all along. He just couldn’t tell anyone. 

12 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

The Collin Klein hire is incredible. He took over an offense that finished 17th in offense the year before, and he inherited a super experienced OL that largely returned all its starters both years. With all that, he got them to finish 19th and 12th, so basically he did the exact same thing they were already doing before him, except he ran the QB more leading to injuries. He’s basically proven nothing at K State. 

Now he gets a dogshit OL and a QB made of glass. I’m sure that will work out really well for him. 

I think that's the funniest narrative is that "Klein can produce a good OL."

The way K-State does things is not really replicable at a place like A&M. They take lesser talented guys but their roster is full of 4th or 5th year players. Their OL is RS SR, RS SR, RS SR, JR, RS SR, and then a TE that's also a RS JR. 

The success of K-State's offense has been almost entirely built on having grown men on the OL the last 2 years which is more a K-State thing than Klein. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I just realized that KState scored the 2nd most points on our defense of all of the teams we faced.

If you don't think that stat was the start and end of selecting him as a candidate, you're not paying attention.

Then they didn't watch the game. Most of the scoring happened because of Maalik's turnovers on our side of the field and a blocked punt. 

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I just realized that KState scored the 2nd most points on our defense of all of the teams we faced.

If you don't think that stat was the start and end of selecting him as a candidate, you're not paying attention.

How many of those points came after they scrapped their game plan and just started chucking it?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Well, if aggy can somehow face Maalik Murphy in all of their regular season games next year, I see no way they get left out of the college football playoff. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

To be clear, I'm not saying he's a good choice for them because he did well against us.

I'm saying that they likely chose their OC based on his output in one game against us, just like they spent >$90 million firing a coach bc they were scared of losing to us next year.  Shit, Tarp has even admitted that, which is fucking amazing.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

How many of those points came after they scrapped their game plan and just started chucking it?

That game would have been a 50-10 route if Ewers played. The only thing that allowed K-State to score in that one were all the dumb turnovers on our side of the field by Maalik. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

20231206_083738.jpg

typically when you swing for the fences on a coach, you absolutely want to hire a "more with less" coach and a "rising star" - who would want to hire an actual star who has shown what they can do when you can hire someone for close to the same money who might be as good in the future?

Spoiler

i like the Klein hire, but man. that's the best you could do? if you are going to offer stupid money why not go offer Ryan Grubb $3m to start after they finish the CFP and guarantee him $6m over 2 years if he stays? actually go use your money to bring in someone who is a game changer.

Edited by NoName