#DEFUND LHB

927 E. 41st

I love the band but if those fucking nerds try to pull attention away from our shitty football team I will not stand for it.  If you are a dork and you get invited to a party to hang out with the cool kids because you entertain them with your nerdism either show up to the party and geek out or stay home and play dungeons and dragons.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, MadTrapper said:

LHB alumni here. Playing June 27 during the VY era was the most recent height of LHB. That and actual entertaining half-time shows. Amorphous sets on the field are...meh. Cacking down on the trombones playing BoneTell in all four corners of the stadium for alumni day is sad, too. We need to loosen up and fun needs to resurrect.

9 hours ago, wood said:

Este. For the most part, the LHB stopped being entertaining many moons ago...imho. It's not on the band members. The band needs new direction imho.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Hopefully your idea of fun gets rid of The Wolf of Wall St bullshit. That is stupid, and our band is acting like a bunch of attention-seeking fuckheads. Nerds. 

LHB alum checking in to say FUCK SCOTT HANA! He has been the driving force behind the lack of fun out of LHB going back to the Colt McCoy era, and became director of bands a few years ago. He's the guy pushing the wolf of wallstreet and other tired bullshit. Likes to do strong eyes on third down too, the dumbass

Don't defund LHB, but do get some fresh fucking leadership in the faculty.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

Anyone who wants to nuke LHB is an idiot. Our band is nationally recognized as one of the best. It is one of the few representations of excellence we have on Saturdays. 

The problem is a song with a racist heritage. The Eyes is a %^&*ing racist song. No amount of spin or nostalgia can change that. Stop defending it.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 13

26 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I love the band but if those fucking nerds try to pull attention away from our shitty football team I will not stand for it.  If you are a dork and you get invited to a party to hang out with the cool kids because you entertain them with your nerdism either show up to the party and geek out or stay home and play dungeons and dragons.  

I’ve never understood this. I was in band and it had the coolest people at our school. We had 20 something all-staters and came in 3rd nationally one of my years. Lots of people had their own bands that would play at parties, go down to Austin and do shows and went on to careers in the music industry. One of our saxophonist toured with Prince for a long, long time. I wasn’t that involved since I wasn’t all that good, but I never understood the “band dork” stuff. I’m mean, it’s just people who are into music. Sure there were some clueless freshmen, but the band offered a safe space for them to be around peer mentors and people who wouldn’t give them the time of day otherwise. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Nivek said:

The band needs to wear the alumi band uniform of khaki shorts, a burnt orange shirt, and a ball cap. Make it really Austin and embrace flip flops.   The current band uniform is terrible. 

This is not incorrect 

they look like a Western group from the 59s

7 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Says the guy in the band. Admittedly I’m being a dick and am just joking around.  So I’m sorry. 

Let me ask you this: are you black or white?  Because I think that makes a huge difference. 

I’m white but went to a school that was big and extremely diverse, the most diverse in all of TX during my time. 

I guess it was just a different time. We were incredibly supported by the community. We had future D1 football players and basketball players who would participate when not in-season. The prom king and valedictorians we’re always members. Literally the coolest, most down people were there. We had visits from some incredible professional musicians. It just wasn’t a dork thing if you were good enough to be a part of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

As a band parent for many years, and now a college marching band parent (albeit not LHB) - the OP sucks, the points he make suck and those supporting him suck
What's next get rid of the cheerleaders (it is a fairly sexist thing afterall)

College marching bands are part of the tradition of college football; and for the record I'm a huge AATW fan, but cant' imagine wanting to see an 8 minute performance jammed into halftime
Just my opinion (but it happens to be correct)

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Subcontract prairie view A&M band with money saved. Win/win because we’re promoting southern black bands. We will get better in game music and far far superior halftime shows. 

That's what they used to do at Oilers games back in the day. The Ocean of Soul from TSU and Marching Strom from Prairie View brought to you by IW Marks.

54 minutes ago, Nivek said:

The band needs to wear the alumi band uniform of khaki shorts, a burnt orange shirt, and a ball cap. Make it really Austin and embrace flip flops.   The current band uniform is terrible. 

I will fight you if you don't like the fringe and Stetsons. Rally uniform blows

12 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Subcontract prairie view A&M band with money saved. Win/win because we’re promoting southern black bands. We will get better in game music and far far superior halftime shows. 

if we subcontract anyone it can only be The Mob from Rice. 

they are always awesome 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Okay okay. I’m sorry.  On one hand I don’t understand the stigma because playing instruments is cool and would be pretty helpful for career musicians. On the other, seeing my high school’s band, I understand the stigma.  

I can see the stigma now that I’m older too. Like I said, just a different time. 

13 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMOiwtrYXbw

At least subcontract the Black Foxes!  You can be the most ardent white trash Trump supporter, but there is NO WAY you don't find this arousing! I then went down the rabbit hole of watching other HBCU marching bands and their dance teams. OMG are they fun, particuarly their entrances into the stadium (recommended watch)! Please do defund our boring LHB and subcontract Prairie View A&M marching band and the Black Foxes!  Talk about doing more with less! We could make extra money with the extra seats!

10 hours ago, JFKFC said:

The problem is a song with a racist heritage. The Eyes is a %^&*ing racist song. No amount of spin or nostalgia can change that. Stop defending it.

This is a huge stretch to say it’s a racist song.  Cause it’s to the beat of a song that is racist?  When you heard the eyes before this year did you ever think of “I’ve been working on the railroad”, sampling of all kinds of songs happens these days and no one relates a beat sample or a couple words directly to the meaning of the old song.  Cause some idiots performed it once in a disparaging way in 1903 also doesn’t make it racist.  Take the words in the context they are meant to be and it’s not racist.  Earl, Ricky and most black ex athletes are fine with the song it’s mostly white people with a stick up their butt that are offended.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

This is a huge stretch to say it’s a racist song.  Cause it’s to the beat of a song that is racist?  When you heard the eyes before this year did you ever think of “I’ve been working on the railroad”, sampling of all kinds of songs happens these days and no one relates a beat sample or a couple words directly to the meaning of the old song.  Cause some idiots performed it once in a disparaging way in 1903 also doesn’t make it racist.  Take the words in the context they are meant to be and it’s not racist.  Earl, Ricky and most black ex athletes are fine with the song it’s mostly white people with a stick up their butt that are offended.

Exactly. I’ve never actually seen anything to indicate it ever was racist but regardless it hasn’t been racist for 100 years. I guess this is as close to “systematic” racism anyone can find. Need to keep to brownshirts motivated to burn, loot, murder.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have been bearish the LHB since 2004 against Ok St at home. Texas was about to mount a monster comeback and the LHB blessed us with a rendition of Nintendo game songs at halftime including a major feature of the Ninja turtles. It was the saddest and most pathetic display, especially in the context of what was going on that I’ve ever seen at home at DKR. 

Edited by Newy25

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I have been bearish the LHB since 2004 against Ok St at home. Texas was about to mount a monster comeback and the LHB blessed us with a rendition of Nintendo game songs at halftime including a major feature of the Ninja turtles. It was the saddest and most pathetic display, especially in the context of what was going on that I’ve ever see.LHN at home at DKR. 

Reminds me of the time we were struggling against K-State (I know, really narrows it down), I believe during Colt’s tenure and Jordy Nelson played for them. Our band played Wabash Cannonball and it really fired K-State up. They proceeded to destroy us in the 4th q. 
[/csb]

12 hours ago, vtaenz said:
17 hours ago, Nivek said:
Incorrect.  Stop being old. 

So you want rally uniforms? I bet you eat your well done steak with ketchup too.

One uniform looks Austin, the other looks like shit.   

Who the fuck eats that shit?  Salt and pepper and good quality meat, where the blood makes potatoes turn pink. 

Anyone who wants to nuke LHB is an idiot. Our band is nationally recognized as one of the best. It is one of the few representations of excellence we have on Saturdays. 

Thanks for reminding me to mute your dumb fuck retarded ass.

23 hours ago, JFKFC said:

You simply repeating something that is not correct over and over again does not make it true. The song is not a racist song. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1