The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I was unaware that he has spoken publicly on the matter.

you'll be aware once he testifies.

the fact that he ran a tight ship all the way til the end, but things are leaking out once barr started making statements, should be very telling to most.

• Like 1

Same tactics as the the WH/Nunes FISA memo... old tricks are the best tricks.

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

They are, but Barr completely misrepresented what they said (twice) before the report was released in an effort to protect the president.

Edited by retread

Just now, henrygandorf said:

you'll be aware once he testifies.

the fact that he ran a tight ship all the way til the end, but things are leaking out once barr started making statements, should be very telling to most.

Things are leaking out? What exactly are you expecting?

19 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

Things are leaking out? What exactly are you expecting?

i'm saying there was 2 years of rigid silence.  then he finished.

then various reports of individuals who helped being unhappy with the way their work was summarized/characterized. 

now we hear of a letter + phone call from mueller to barr.

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Then I’m sure we will hear from mueller stating as such.

Right now, the DOJ is stonewalling and won't agree on a date for Mueller to testify before Nadler's committee. (he's still a DOJ employee). But we will hear from Mueller, probably sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I still can’t help but wonder what motivated Bill Barr to take this job.  

Everyone says he’s playing politics but that really begs the question, “who is he playing politics for?”  He’s not running for any elections or trying to land some super job post administration. 

I have to think no reputable legal mind would want to hitch their professional career to Donald Trump.  

I guess Bill Barr just has an enormous ego to think he could pull this off without taking serious shit.

Need to look no further than Alan f'g Dershowitz.   

2 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

There is DOJ policy that they can’t indict a sitting president. Per their policy, they have to wait to indict for obstruction until he leaves office through impeachment or after his term.

This has already been stated multiple times on multiple threads and it's still not going to educate anybody that refuses to read it.  

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

His letter sent on March 27 makes that clear. And it's also clear that Barr perjured himself when he said under oath on April 9 and 10 that he didn't know how mueller felt about the 4 page summary he wrote. 

this can't be emphasized enough and should be acted on.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

Right now, the DOJ is stonewalling and won't agree on a date for Mueller to testify before Nadler's committee. (he's still a DOJ employee). But we will hear from Mueller, probably sooner rather than later.

Exactly--but it's on the news here in DC.  I just hope it makes it on the news across the nation.  That's about the only thing that's going to make the Republicans do the right thing.  Or maybe Trump will sue the DOJ when they do decide.

Edited by Mdhorn

19 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

this can't be emphasized enough and should be acted on.

Look I appreciate that there are lots of reasonable people who thought Trump was corrupt. As I've stated repeatedly, my position is that they are all corrupt until proven otherwise. However, you need evidence. And in this case, there was no evidence, because the hypothesis was absurd.

That said, many people have backed off the whole conspiracy hoax bullshit. I understand that. But you have to let it go. You think Barr could testify as to Mueller's feelings? Not only is it not perjury, it would be perjury if he had offered a conclusion. 

If you need drama, great news. 2020 is up and running. There ya go. Everything Dems do regarding Trump, whether it's impeachment or investigations or whatever, to attack Trump personally, it acts to reelect him. The more Dems look small, look petty, look like conspiracy theorists, the more they lose. 

You would be 1000x better off to figure out why Trump resonated with the people. Learn to speak to what people really want. Don't lecture to them about how stupid and sinful they are. How the world will be ending in 12 years and free shit for everybody. Voters won't buy that. Unless they do, and then we're all fucked.

Well anyway, I'm in it for the show, and I expect it will be grand. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 6

51 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

You would be 1000x better off to figure out why Trump resonated with the people. Learn to speak to what people really want. Don't lecture to them about how stupid and sinful they are.

Trump resonated with the people because they are stupid and/or deplorable.    So that's sort of a problem, discussion wise.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Not ego. He’s getting paid somehow for this on the backend. Same with good old Rod. No other explanation makes sense. Stability trumps even the trump. Got to keep the spice flowing. 

It could also be a real bad case of Stockholm Syndrome, at least for Rod.

I think we're at the point where there's no persuasive excuse for a seeming inability to outplay a criminal dunce.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Look I appreciate that there are lots of reasonable people who thought Trump was corrupt. As I've stated repeatedly, my position is that they are all corrupt until proven otherwise. However, you need evidence. And in this case, there was no evidence, because the hypothesis was absurd.

That said, many people have backed off the whole conspiracy hoax bullshit. I understand that. But you have to let it go. You think Barr could testify as to Mueller's feelings? Not only is it not perjury, it would be perjury if he had offered a conclusion. 

If you need drama, great news. 2020 is up and running. There ya go. Everything Dems do regarding Trump, whether it's impeachment or investigations or whatever, to attack Trump personally, it acts to reelect him. The more Dems look small, look petty, look like conspiracy theorists, the more they lose. 

You would be 1000x better off to figure out why Trump resonated with the people. Learn to speak to what people really want. Don't lecture to them about how stupid and sinful they are. How the world will be ending in 12 years and free shit for everybody. Voters won't buy that. Unless they do, and then we're all fucked.

this is a joke, right?  he 100% obstructed justice. it’s all over part 2 of the report. if he wasn’t the president he’d already be indicted. 

he probably won’t get in trouble for it, and he definitely won’t get impeached, but that doesn’t change the facts. 

nixon didn’t get indicted or impeached either. was he innocent?  was it all some left-wing conspiracy hoax?

considering folks like john dean are saying this is “way worse than anything nixon ever did” should give you an inkling of the corruption. this isn’t run-of-the-mill “everyone in politics is corrupt” garbage. 

jesus. 

• Like 1

So all republicans are willing to sell their country completely out to suck off the incompetent criminal idiot that is trump?

Even willing to lie to Congress and the world when he knows there's a great chance the full report will be released soon? 

These have to be the dumbest people on the planet. 

7 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

You are an idiot.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

this is a joke, right?  he 100% obstructed justice. it’s all over part 2 of the report. if he wasn’t the president he’d already be indicted. 

he probably won’t get in trouble for it, and he definitely won’t get impeached, but that doesn’t change the facts. 

nixon didn’t get indicted or impeached either. was he innocent?  was it all some left-wing conspiracy hoax?

considering folks like john dean are saying this is “way worse than anything nixon ever did” should give you an inkling of the corruption. this isn’t run-of-the-mill “everyone in politics is corrupt” garbage. 

jesus. 

And as with collusion, we already know the ending on obstruction. Mueller did not indict because the evidence did not support it. Attorney General Bob Barr and his deputy Rod Rosenstein, by law the actual intended recipients of the report, agreed with Mueller. Trump’s actions were lawful. Though some of them were troublesome and even immoral, they were not criminal. Most significantly, Mueller could not indict on obstruction because it was not possible to determine that Trump had showed the legally required corrupt intent. All of that precedes any consideration given to Department of Justice and Office of Legal Counsel advice that a sitting president cannot be indicted.

If Mueller had an obstruction case, he would have made it. He could have specifically recommended indictment and made explicit that the complex legal issues around presidential obstruction meant a decision was beyond his and the attorney general’s constitutional roles and must be addressed by Congress via impeachment. He could have indicted any number of people in Trump’s inner circle, or issued a sealed indictment against post-White House Trump himself. He could have said that he couldn’t indict solely because of DOJ/OLC rules and therefore explicitly created a road map for impeachment to guide the next step

Is it me or is this significant point above just flying over the double-downer's heads?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, Captainant said:

"Basically fully release" is not what mueller intended and worked to provide with respect to his teams executive summaries. We don't know what's in them, but it's not unthinkable that it was his teams "big picture" with respect to the central tentpoles of their investigation

The Introduction and the Executive Summaries for both sections of the report have been released with minimal amounts of redaction. There are six small to medium size blocks of redaction to the Interference section and three small blocks of redaction in the Obstruction section.  Mueller's team provided input to the redaction process of those sections.  If the argument is that the introductions and ES's should have been released instead of Barr's initial letter, I would agree. The entire report should have been immediately released without any redactions.  However, at this point we know the content of the Introductions and the Executive Summaries.  This isn't a whole lot of outstanding mystery regarding the context of those sections of the document and the big picture.  

Edited by Anastasis

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

top of the hour.  somebody draw up the bingo cards. 

Breaking out the good bourbon to play drink to the magic word game.  Gonna be plowed 20 minutes after it starts.  Just need to select the word.

Collusion or obstruction... hmmmmmmmmm?? 

23 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So far only 2 republicans have viewed the unredacted report.  All the democrats, including pelosi, schumer, schiff, warner and nadler are boycotting. Reindeer games. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/04/30/mueller-report-redacted-1295105

For accuracy, those people did not see the unredacted report, they saw a less redacted report, per that story. Pretty important detail. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

For accuracy, those people did not see the unredacted report, they saw a less redacted report, per that story. Pretty important detail. 

When Barr released the public version of Mueller’s report earlier this month, he withheld four categories of material: classified information, material related to ongoing investigations, information that could damage the reputation of “peripheral third parties” and evidence collected by Mueller’s grand jury. Barr’s less-redacted report for the 12 lawmakers allowed them access to each category except grand jury material.

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Wrong.  Accuracy and details are meaningless to a man with no side.  He only sees both sides for what they truly are.  

“There is only one god and his name is Both, and there is only one thing we say to Both, Not today”

• Like 1