The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

I bet Mueller's testimony will be intentional and will show the crisp, clear truth, unlike Barr's testimony. Friends or not, I doubt Mueller will hesitate to go in dry on this stooge of an AG.

Edited by retread

22 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Lawyers don't take notes. Let me tell you about the great Roy Cohn, he never took notes.

Corporate lawyers do CYA/golden parachute severance notes to file when their guidance is being ignored by higher ups.

But for the situation being discussed? Never.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 minute ago, retread said:

I bet Mueller's testimony will be intentional and will show the crisp, clear truth, unlike Barr's testimony. Friends or not, I doubt Mueller will hesitate to go in dry on this stooge of an AG.

“Either you have integrity and nothing else matters or you don’t have integrity and nothing else matters.”

-Robert Mueller 

43 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Cruz: "I mean do you know of any other instance where the FBI investigated another candidate for President, I mean "no" right, that's crazy" 

In the upcoming sequel 'Office Space 2',  Peter and Samir once again write a computer code to embezzle millions from their company, but this time they immediately file to run for president in every subsequent election and thus are immune from investigation or prosecution. 

4 minutes ago, retread said:

I don't know. He's still a Republican. I'm not getting my hopes up. 

19 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

This is why I think William Weld stands perhaps the best chance of any single candidate (from either side) to win the Presidency: he's the only one on the Republican side who is running against Trump and there's a very good chance that Trump will either die, have a stroke or go stark raving mad in a way that proves to EVERYBODY, even supporters, that he can't be the Republican nominee.  If any of those things happen, Weld becomes the Republican nominee.

Yeah. I bet. Totally.

Barr actually said Mueller's report showed that Trump's obstruction was not obstruction but instead perfectly legal because Trump was FALSELY accused. And because the Report showed or proved Trump was falsely accused that Trump could not obstruct justice but instead could shut down the investigation or interfere or do whatever the hell he wanted. 

Fuck me. I dont understand how anyone can be comfortable with that. I mean seriously. If Obama or Clinton or anyone tried to pull that shit, I would oppose it immediately. So a Democratic President in real time can decide that any charges are false and dismiss the investigation. Are you fucking kidding me? Can you imagine if Bill Clinton would have tried that? If he would have said "Hey this Whitewater stuff is all bullshit so Im shutting down Ken Starr and we are moving on." I was a Republican back then but I would have opposed it then like I am now. This is insane. If we allow this, we can all kiss the rule of law good bye. And so my question for our conservative posters, is it worth it? Is Trump worth it? Is your party worth forever ruining our nation and changing the nature of our government?

Edited by Longhorn94
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Barr actually said Mueller's report showed that Trump's obstruction was not obstruction but instead perfectly legal because Trump was FALSELY accused. And because the Report showed or proved Trump was falsely accused that Trump could not obstruct justice but instead could shut down the investigation or interfere or do whatever the hell he wanted. 

Fuck me. I dont understand how anyone can be comfortable with that. I mean seriously. If Obama or Clinton or anyone tried to pull that shit, I would be oppose it immediately. So a Democratic President in real time can decide that any charges are false and dismiss the investigation. Are you fucking kidding me? Can you imagine if Bill Clinton would have tried that? If he would have said "Hey this Whitewater stuff is all bullshit so Im shutting down Ken Starr and we are moving on. I was a Republican back then but I would have opposed it then like I am now. This is insane. If we allow this, we can all kiss the rule of law good bye. And so my question for our conservative posters, is it worth it? Is Trump worth it? Is your party worth forever ruining our nation and changing the nature of our government?

Quoted so no one investigates my posting history.

Just read muellers letter to Barr. In so many words says that Barr is misleading the public and asks him to rectify that, which of course Barr refused to do. 

This confirns that Barr is an even bigger hack than I thought of before, and is clearly expecting some sort of payout after this is over as the price for completely ruining his reputation. 

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

I was a Republican back then but I would have opposed it then like I am now. This is insane. If we allow this, we can all kiss the rule of law good bye. And so my question for our conservative posters, is it worth it? Is Trump worth it? Is your party worth forever ruining our nation and changing the nature of our government?

The answer is "yes".

And regarding your point about Barr claiming that it's not obstruction because Trump was "falsely accused" -- it's just one of the most astonishingly clear cases of executive gaslighting I can imagine.  There is zero chance -- ZERO -- that Barr doesn't understand that obstruction doesn't require the underlying accusation to be true.

3 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Fuck me. I dont understand how anyone can be comfortable with that. I mean seriously. If Obama or Clinton or anyone tried to pull that shit, I would oppose it immediately. So a Democratic President in real time can decide that any charges are false and dismiss the investigation. Are you fucking kidding me? Can you imagine if Bill Clinton would have tried that? If he would have said "Hey this Whitewater stuff is all bullshit so Im shutting down Ken Starr and we are moving on." I was a Republican back then but I would have opposed it then like I am now. This is insane. If we allow this, we can all kiss the rule of law good bye. And so my question for our conservative posters, is it worth it? Is Trump worth it? Is your party worth forever ruining our nation and changing the nature of our government?

Your tears seem librul-ish to them, so their answer would be "yes."

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

That's just not supported by the facts, but keep on fucking that chicken.

I would love to see someone ask Mueller the following line of questioning when he testifies:

• In drawing your conclusion regarding conspiracy between the Trump campaign and other associates with the Russian government, you assessed whether the available evidence supported a finding of conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt.  Is that correct?
  • In making that assessment, could you provide insight as to how close to meeting that threshold the evidence came?  70%? 80% 90%?
  • Do you believe that, given the multiple events that suggest obstruction of justice by Trump, it is likely that those efforts may have limited the availability of evidence to the OSC? 
  • Is it possible (or likely) that such additional evidence could have led the OSC to find conspiracy beyond a reasonable doubt?  
  • If Trump were not the sitting president, do you think the evidence presented in the Mueller report would support a finding of obstruction of justice?

I would just love to have a crisp, clean clip coming directly from Mueller making the points that (1) there was clear evidence suggesting conspiracy, just not enough to meet the criminal standard, (2) the shortfall in evidence may have been the result of Trump's obstruction, and (3) Trump would have been guilty of obstruction in the absence of the DOJ guidance regarding indicting a sitting president.  Maybe, just maybe, that would be enough to get the Chicken Sandwiches of the world to STFU with the "No Collusion! No Obstruction!" chants.

• Like 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

The answer is "yes".

And regarding your point about Barr claiming that it's not obstruction because Trump was "falsely accused" -- it's just one of the most astonishingly clear cases of executive gaslighting I can imagine.  There is zero chance -- ZERO -- that Barr doesn't understand that obstruction doesn't require the underlying accusation to be true.

forget whether he knows or thinks that obstruction requires the underlying accusation to be true, that motherfucker said the Report proved that the allegations were FALSE! 

23 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

forget whether he knows or thinks that obstruction requires the underlying accusation to be true, that motherfucker said the Report proved that the allegations were FALSE! 

...as if the SC investigation that produced 30+ indictments, guilty pleas, and convictions was exclusively investigating Donald J. Trump.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Graham gonna go down for something in the end.  No one does an about face like that without a compelling reason.  

Getting reelected is compelling reason enough. His schtick plays well with the MAGA mouth-breathers in South Carolina. He would piss on McCain's grave if it would get him reelected. 

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

Getting reelected is compelling reason enough. His schtick plays well with the MAGA mouth-breathers in South Carolina. He would piss on McCain's grave if it would get him reelected. 

If this was all it was, then why was he basically a never trumper at the beginning?  Didn't he flip right around the time the NRA-Russia rumblings began?

23 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

They're not protecting Trump. They're protecting themselves. The GOP must be filthy to be so desperately and shamelessly stonewalling. Every GOP dirty with Russian money should be drowned. There may be a few Dems, too. Drown 'em all.

In addition to the electorate problem of so many backing Trump, we have the part of the electorate sleeping through this or claiming they're tired of the show. I wonder what tiny percentage of Americans give any thought at all to the notion of our republican institutions, how political discourse would ideally work, or how this country is an ongoing experiment in self governance. 

Unless the number has changed, I believe that 20 years ago barely 50% of Americans could find the United States on a globe. Republican government is supposed to provide representation that rises above that level of ignorance. Instead, too much of our representation panders to it.

Dame Lindsay's strutting upon the stage is the perfect warm up act for the National Moron tweeting from the White House.

LinearHollowAngelwingmussel-size_restric

ok so i was out running around - listened on cnn on sirius so i caught the end.

my two big takeaways from the final hour:

1. barr's circular logic is astounding.  we didn't bring charges because of the policy of indicting a sitting president.  and since we didn't bring charges, there was no crime.  and since there was no crime, there is no obstruction, only false allegations.  and since the allegations were false, the president is allowed to "obstruct" an investigation if he wants.  did i hear that right?  fucking for real?  he could've gotten outta there without spilling this nugget, and i bet he's wishing he had.

2. calling the letter snitty and implying that one of his staffers wrote it is probably the minute mueller decided he would testify.  i don't really care about the notes, the speaker phone, or anyone else on either staff who overheard stuff - if mueller testifies, then i'm fine with that.

also this part was fun (paraphrasing):

senator - what was the topic of the call with mueller, was he unhappy about the way you characterized his report?

barr - no, it was mostly about how the press was handling it.  i mean, it's all in the letter, you saw the letter.

senator - the letter doesn't mention the press.

barr - right, well, yeah.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

If this was all it was, then why was he basically a never trumper at the beginning?  Didn't he flip right around the time the NRA-Russia rumblings began?

i tend to agree with biff here. he went and played golf with old donnie, and has never been the same again. trump made some threat on the golf course that day. a threat compelling enough for lindsey to completely change his approach regarding trump.

it's not just reelection. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i tend to agree with biff here. he went and played golf with old donnie, and has never been the same again. trump made some threat on the golf course that day. a threat compelling enough for lindsey to completely change his approach regarding trump.

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/lindsey-graham-received-campaign-donations-from-firm-tied-to-russian-oligarch-pavoDoUI-U6je1HgaF2sag/

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

"Ya know, Leonard-"

"Lindsay."

"Lindsay. Whatever. Those angry Democrats and the fake news are saying I colluded with the Russians."

"That's terrible, sir. Slanderous."

"You know it is, Governor."

"Senator."

"and Senator. You don't know how bad this feels, Lindy. And you wouldn't want to know, would you?"

"Uh...I don't know what you mean, Mr. President."

"I think you do. I think all of those beautiful Republicans. Great Republicans. Great Republicans who have visited Russia or talked to Russians would hate to put up with what I have to put up with. Can you imagine?"

"(Gulp) It must be terrible, sir."

"You'd hate it. Hate it. Now go see if you can find my ball. Your caddie said it went into the rough, but I bet you find it nicely placed on the fairway."

"I think it went straight into the hole, Mr. President."

"Bigly."

• Like 4

The expert found no Russian collusion. Got it. The rest is political theater. 

This is what the annoys me and what I kept hearing from Republicans today; there was no crime, no indictment and so that makes the presidents actions ok? You’re proud of the way our President handled this situation? Is the only standard for our president that he didn’t get indicted and there was no proof without a reasonable doubt of a crime? Are y’all fucking for real? It’s embarrassing that the only defense for this president is that he did nothing technically illegals. The mayor of Pflugerville would be run off for this type of behavior, but the president? No problem.
  • Like 6