The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

I think he mainly wants his name disassociated from the specious claims of exoneration. 

"Mueller found no collusion, no obstruction and the Democrats want a redo."

It must be infuriating for an honorable person to hear his name used in such a vile lie. He's on the record and on video saying that isn't true.

Everything is in the report. Congress, put that bullet in the rifle and pull the trigger. Mueller can't do it for you. Surely some more GOPs will spit out the bile and stand with Democrats and genuine Republicans who have left the party.

We gotta get rid of this guy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Does this mean I'm having a nothingburger for lunch?  Cause goddammit, I'm sick of nothingburgers.

If by nothingburger you mean no new info, yet cable news will spin this a million different ways to continue to beat their own drum then yes. It's a nothingburger. 

"I interpret what he said was...................."

"What I think he meant by saying this was.............................."

"He said it in this way because..........................."

It is never going to end. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Mueller has, largely, been brought to heal.

Unfair, on my part.  However, really would've liked to hear him say, "we would have brought charges against POTUS, if the DOJ guidelines weren't a factor".  Instead, he said "If we had determined the President did not commit a crime we would have said so.".  That's pretty weak, imo.

I do like that he emphasized the fact that Russia is all up in our shit, though. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

What are you talking about? If he gives an honest summary of the report or instructs Mueller to do what he just did, impeachment proceedings would be well on their way right now. 

Why would Mueller say he did not question Barr's good faith if believes Barr gave a dishonest summary of the report?

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is incorrect.  Mueller clearly believes Trump should be charged with something.  But Mueller couldn't charge him and he is innocent until proven guilty, as Mueller said so about any individuals during the press conference.  Trump has a right to defend himself.  And Congress has a duty to investigate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This may be a tired point, but I'm exhausted of this onus solely being placed on the Dems when we know they can't impeach. They can only begin the process and then watch the GOP continue to be the GOP. 

The double standard in the country between the two parties is insane. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, babysdaddy said:

This is incorrect.  Mueller clearly believes Trump should be charged with something.  But Mueller couldn't charge him and he is innocent until proven guilty, as Mueller said so about any individuals during the press conference.  Trump has a right to defend himself.  And Congress has a duty to investigate.

What exactly are you arguing here?  You're saying the same thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Skyline said:

This may be a tired point, but I'm exhausted of this onus solely being placed on the Dems when we know they can't impeach. They can only begin the process and then watch the GOP continue to be the GOP. 

The double standard in the country between the two parties is insane. 

The Dems absolutely can impeach. They can't remove him from office.

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Why would Mueller say he did not question Barr's good faith if believes Barr gave a dishonest summary of the report?

lol he said that in specific to Barr releasing most of the report instead of initially releasing the summaries Mueller's team created. Barr still tried to squeeze by and say no collusion, no obstruction to set a narrative. Mueller didn't address that. 

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I think he mainly wants his name disassociated from the specious claims of exoneration. 

"Mueller found no collusion, no obstruction and the Democrats want a redo."

It must be infuriating for an honorable person to hear his name used in such a vile lie. He's on the record and on video saying that isn't true.

Everything is in the report. Congress, put that bullet in the rifle and pull the trigger. Mueller can't do it for you. Surely some more GOPs will spit out the bile and stand with Democrats and genuine Republicans who have left the party.

We gotta get rid of this guy.

Or Muller could put on his big boy pants now that he is a private citizen and answer some fucking questions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I believe there are several posters in this thread who owe Barr an apology.  

For what ?  Congress needs to subpoena Mueller not to speak to the report, but to shed light on the initial testimony of Barr to Congress where he gave misleading if not dishonest answers followed by a subsequent defiance of a Congressional subpoena.  Mueller made it clear that it's not a personal bone to pick of his, it's Congress'.  So subpoena Mueller about Barr, not the report.

On another note, Mueller again made a reference to all additional legal proceedings forthcoming will happen outside of the Special Counsel Office.  If you blinked, you missed it.  Is the significance of that statement proportional to the emphasis and time taken to say it ?  Could end up being the biggest Mueller downplay ever.  Pending Stone/Wiki/Russia trial notwithstanding, 14 farmed out investigations are churning right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Or Muller could put on his big boy pants now that he is a private citizen and answer some fucking questions. 

Yes, Mueller should answer some questions.  But JFC the goalposts keep moving on impeachment.  His report lays out more than adequate grounds for impeachment.  There are also too many other grounds for impeachment to possibly be listed here.  That are all in the public domain.  Congress doesn't need more information from Mueller to make a decision on whether to start the impeachment process. Hell, even were Mueller to testify, the goalposts would just be moved again.  Everyone's arguing politics while the things that actually make our country great--rule of law, the First Amendment, etc.- are being set on fire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

For what ?  Congress needs to subpoena Mueller not to speak to the report, but to shed light on the initial testimony of Barr to Congress where he gave misleading if not dishonest answers followed by a subsequent defiance of a Congressional subpoena.  Mueller made it clear that it's not a personal bone to pick of his, it's Congress'.  So subpoena Mueller about Barr, not the report.

On another note, Mueller again made a reference to all additional legal proceedings forthcoming will happen outside of the Special Counsel Office.  If you blinked, you missed it.  Is the significance of that statement proportional to the emphasis and time taken to say it ?  Could end up being the biggest Mueller downplay ever.  Pending Stone/Wiki/Russia trial notwithstanding, 14 farmed out investigations are churning right now.

lmao there is no perjury case to be made against Barr

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

Yes, Mueller should answer some questions.  But JFC the goalposts keep moving on impeachment.  His report lays out more than adequate grounds for impeachment.  There are also too many other grounds for impeachment to possibly be listed here.  That are all in the public domain.  Congress doesn't need more information from Mueller to make a decision on whether to start the impeachment process. Hell, even were Mueller to testify, the goalposts would just be moved again.  Everyone's arguing politics while the things that actually make our country great--rule of law, the First Amendment, etc.- are being set on fire.

Impeachment was never a possibility.  Just get that out of your head now.

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Yeah, you're correct.  Mueller wouldn't bring a charge if he didn't believe he was guilty or if there was sufficient evidence of a crime

What would it have taken for Mueller to recommend charges against a sitting president? Shooting someone on 5th Ave? Anything? If Mueller decided that the Trump campaign was probably guilty of conspiracy with the Russian government, what would he have said in his report? Would the OLC opinion that you can't indict a sitting president not apply in that case?

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

What would it have taken for Mueller to recommend charges against a sitting president? Shooting someone on 5th Ave? Anything? If Mueller decided that the Trump campaign was probably guilty of conspiracy with the Russian government, what would he have said in his report? Would the OLC opinion that you can't indict a sitting president not apply in that case?

Mueller could have put a fine point on it, but he chose not to.

"Based on DOJ policy it was not within the scope of the investigation to bring an indictment against a sitting president.  The Constitution lays out the political process by which the President can be removed from office for crimes and misdemeanors. Volume two of my report is a comprehensive assessment of evidence related to obstruction of justice.  It is not the constitutional role of the executive branch through the DOJ to act on that evidence, it is the constitutional role of the legislative branch."

mic drop. peace out bitches.  

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

"Based on DOJ policy it was not within the scope of the investigation to bring an indictment against a sitting president.  The Constitution lays out the political process by which the President can be removed from office for crimes and misdemeanors. Volume two of my report is a comprehensive assessment of evidence related to obstruction of justice.  It is not the constitutional role of the executive branch through the DOJ to act on that evidence, it is the constitutional role of the legislative branch."

He accused the president of the United States of being a felon.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How you see that as a mic drop in DJT's favor is just incomprehensible.

He is telling Congress to do their job and the House is but there is no way to get an impeachment vote past a Republitard controlled Senate.

1 minute ago, UncleCharlie said:

He is telling Congress to do their job and the House is but there is no way to get an impeachment vote past a Republitard controlled Senate.

That press conference was in no way good for Donald Trump. He basically told Congress to impeach him.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That press conference was in no way good for Donald Trump. He basically told Congress to impeach him.

Ok great, what for? Where's the evidence? 

This bullshit was just cover because they got spooked that their illegal domestic spying came out. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 15

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

Ok great, what for? Where's the evidence? 

This bullshit was just cover because they got spooked that their illegal domestic spying came out. 

"And as set forth in the report after that investigation, if we had had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so."

Just now, UncleCharlie said:

What ever you are smoking, I want a hit.  I think that you misunderstand my point completely.

Mueller could have (I would suggest, should have), put a very fine point that the constitutional responsibility for acting on the evidence contained in Vol 2 of his report was with Congress.  If he makes a statement along the lines of what I wrote, impeachment is virtually assured. 

He didn't though. He doesn't want to tread directly into the politics of impeachment process. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

What ever you are smoking, I want a hit.  I think that you misunderstand my point completely.

Mueller could have (I would suggest, should have), put a very fine point that the constitutional responsibility for acting on the evidence contained in Vol 2 of his report was with Congress.  If he makes a statement along the lines of what I wrote, impeachment is virtually assured. 

He didn't though. He doesn't want to tread directly into the politics of impeachment process. 

He did. Everything in that press conference was a signal to Congress in general and Nancy Pelosi in particular.

Just now, David Dennison said:

He did. Everything in that press conference was a signal to Congress in general and Nancy Pelosi in particular.

Well, let's see how ole Nanc responds.  I am still upside down on my impeachment shares, but some chatter from her could change that.