The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

icidj15mxqsvxgvst5m1.jpg

The day’s just getting started, and the Trump house of cards is already crumbling. This morning, Special Counsel Robert Mueller dropped a legal bombshell on the administration by filing court documents announcing a plea bargain with Trump’s confidant’s lawyer’s friend’s associate Gorpman, and Gorpman’s testimony could spell major trouble for Bleemer, which must be terrifying for Trump.

To avoid jail time, Gorpman is ready to spill his secrets about Bleemer’s secrets, which is a huge breakthrough in the Russia investigation. The best part is that it’s not even noon, so we can still expect more shocking twists from Mueller today.

This ad will end in 7

5 Romantic Comedies Guaranteed To Make You Cry
11/28/18 1:38PM

Just think of what would happen if Gorpman gives up Bleemer. Among Trump’s business partner’s co-conspirator’s inner circle, perhaps nobody was closer to Bleemer than Gorpman, not even Roscoe. Calderino called Gorpman the “King Of The Keys,” and remember, Calderino was called “The Keymaster” by Roscoe, who Gorpman praised as “Trump’s Personal Key King” so Calderino knows what he’s talking about. If Mueller can use Gorpman to get to Bleemer, then Calderino’s next, which is bad news for Roscoe, and Roscoe leads right back to people who lead right back to Trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure, we've known that for years.  Where Brisket goes off the rails is when he insists (and YOU'D BETTER LISTEN TO HIM BECAUSE HE KNOWS BETTER THAN ALL OF US) the Republic is doomed, and there is no hope.

It's a fucking beating.  I'm inclined to start neg repping him.  

You probably should -- I could use it.  Everyone needs to be slapped around a bit in life.

51 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Seriously though, @Brisketexan.  The two note tune of doom and gloom and remember guys I'm a lawyer that you somehow stretch into 3000 words a post could be dialed down a bit.  

My posts on this point have been shorter than Herve Villechaize lately.  I'm certainly not saying that I'm right because I'm a lawyer.  I'm just someone who is watching the utterly predictable unfold, and I am not letting my assessment be tainted by hope or emotion.  I WANT to be wrong.

So far, with the exception of Roy Moore's defeat, which was by a gnat's ass, I haven't been wrong.  It's been every bit as bad as I have been saying it would be.  And the GOP "come to their senses" moment isn't happening, and shows no material signs of happening.  Because it won't happen, and can't happen.  There is no path forward for the GOP if it abandons utter fealty to Trump.  They are riding this one ALL the way down....

giphy.gif

Hate me because I'm an asshole.

Hate me because I'm a lawyer.

Hate me because I have fabulous hair that shows no signs of thinning.

Hate me because your wife loves me.

But you can't hate me for being wrong about how bad this shit is.  Cuz I ain't.  I ain't skeered, I can take the rest.

• Like 2

The discussion that triggered my disgust was about how the market tanking was the result of the Democrats winning the house in November.  That's all there is to it.  No other factors.

Ah yes the aggy brain trust! “The (black) president doesn’t effect the economy. Presidential actions take years to impact the economy.
(Pivot seamlessly)
“ The economy is all Trump. My vast knowledge of economics conclude that blue votes equal bad economy instantly.”

I like the theory that Dems will deliberately tank the economy for a run at 2020

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I'm generally not a full subscriber to Brisket's doom and gloom, but man I went over to Texags yesterday just for the hell of it.  And he is probably right.  Part of America is just living in an alternative, make-believe reality.  Scary, really.  

Trump and the other conservatives heading up the GOP are giving the deplorable 35% an America that promises that:

• God will inhabit the classroom and courtroom where he belongs
  • American-born white men of Christ will sit at the head of the table where they belong
  • Women will stay in the kitchen where they belong
  • Gays will stay in the closet where they belong
  • Blacks will stay at the back of the bus where they belong
  • Mexicans will stay in their shithole country where they belong

I don't think anything is a foregone conclusion at this point, but if the radically conservative forces in power prevail, that won't be some alternative, make-believe reality.  It will just be fucking reality.  Whether any of us want it or not, we are in an an ideological fight-to-the-death for what America will be from this point forward.

A few things give me hope for our future.  First, the midterms showed that a lot of traditionally apathetic voters grasp the gravity of what is at stake.  Second, we are seeing signs of strength in those who are in a direct position to potentially stop this madness.  Finally, it looks increasingly likely that radical conservatism was *not* the choice of the American people in 2016, but that radical conservatives had to criminally conspire to consolidate their power and that they will be held accountable for it.

Here's to not being ruled by a fucking Aggy worldview.

• Like 9

while we wait:

and more about notable Manafort pal, oligarch Oleg Deripaska.  Wonder how he'll try to squirrel around this:

OFAC Notifies Congress of Intent to Delist En+, Rusal, and EuroSibEnergo

"Washington – The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) today notified Congress of its intention to terminate the sanctions imposed on En+ Group plc (“En+”), UC Rusal plc (“Rusal”), and JSC EuroSibEnergo (“ESE”) in 30 days.  OFAC has determined that the significant restructuring and corporate governance changes will enable them to meet the criteria for delisting.  Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska will remain sanctioned, and his property will remain blocked.

“Treasury sanctioned these companies because of their ownership and control by sanctioned Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, not for the conduct of the companies themselves. These companies have committed to significantly diminish Deripaska’s ownership and sever his control.  

Edited by triplehorn

1 hour ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

^^^

Putin seems to be calling in his chits, now that the heat is on TRump, with Syria and this. Do what we want or we will give Mueller the goods  

No one cares about Syria. How many Americans are even aware that we have thousands of troops in Syria? 

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So far, with the exception of Roy Moore's defeat, which was by a gnat's ass, I haven't been wrong.  It's been every bit as bad as I have been saying it would be.  And the GOP "come to their senses" moment isn't happening, and shows no material signs of happening.  Because it won't happen, and can't happen.  There is no path forward for the GOP if it abandons utter fealty to Trump.  They are riding this one ALL the way down....

You're not some sort of prescient wunderkind for predicting the utter fealty of the Republicans to Trump.  That has been obvious for quite a while.

Where you stray too far is in your presumption that the Republic is doomed, which essentially says that nobody will be willing to fight for it.  That's not true.  In fact, I think it's way the fuck off base.  You're hitching your wagon to an old horse -- things are gonna change.  It might be that we need a civil war, and I can assure you, many people (most definitely including myself) are completely willing to go that far.  I don't think it will be necessary, but it could happen.  The Republic is not going to go down as easily as you make it seem.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, triplehorn said:

while we wait:

and more about notable Manafort pal, oligarch Oleg Deripaska.  Wonder how he'll try to squirrel around this:

OFAC Notifies Congress of Intent to Delist En+, Rusal, and EuroSibEnergo

"Washington – The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) today notified Congress of its intention to terminate the sanctions imposed on En+ Group plc (“En+”), UC Rusal plc (“Rusal”), and JSC EuroSibEnergo (“ESE”) in 30 days.  OFAC has determined that the significant restructuring and corporate governance changes will enable them to meet the criteria for delisting.  Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska will remain sanctioned, and his property will remain blocked.

“Treasury sanctioned these companies because of their ownership and control by sanctioned Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska, not for the conduct of the companies themselves. These companies have committed to significantly diminish Deripaska’s ownership and sever his control.  

This was the plan of Lord Gregory Barker of Battle, the shill for the Russian energy oligarch criminals, and Chairman of En+.

31 minutes ago, TornACL said:

It's not our job to care. It's our job to elect leaders who care enough to make sound, measured decisions. 

We failed. 

They do make sound, measured decisions in view of their values. It’s the latter which must change. 

55 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

No one cares about Syria. How many Americans are even aware that we have thousands of troops in Syria? 

How many Americans know that 40 or so Green Berets and Marines, along with a shitload of USAF aircraft, killed hundreds of Russians and Syrians in one battle earlier this year?

You'd think Trump would want to brag about that.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Well the recommendation was “should recuse” to which political appointees interpreted to mean “nah you’re fine.” Then they lied and said no AG has recused over appearance of impropriety, when of course they have. So Whitaker is officially in charge of Mueller, I guess. 

The thing you have to remember is this is a counterintelligence investigation first and criminal investigation second.  

Unfortunately, we will likely never get the full story on the counterintelligence part but I honestly believe no one is above Rosenstein and Mueller on that operation.  (Not even Wray.)

This happened in Obama's Treasury Department.  I'm not trying to #bothsides anything, but rather highlight what the pushback will be.  The important thing is that it is even more evidence that the Russians were acting in concert with Americans to disrupt the election.

16 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

You're not some sort of prescient wunderkind for predicting the utter fealty of the Republicans to Trump.  That has been obvious for quite a while.

Where you stray too far is in your presumption that the Republic is doomed, which essentially says that nobody will be willing to fight for it.  That's not true.  In fact, I think it's way the fuck off base.  You're hitching your wagon to an old horse -- things are gonna change.  It might be that we need a civil war, and I can assure you, many people (most definitely including myself) are completely willing to go that far.  I don't think it will be necessary, but it could happen.  The Republic is not going to go down as easily as you make it seem.

Speaking just for myself, because I've been a silent passenger on the Brisket wagon since.....well....since before it started toward the bridge it's about to fall off of, it's not the possibility of the pushback that is the issue, but what that would mean from a practical standpoint. Civil war?  Possibly.  Do you realize how utterly devastating that would be to the majority of the people of this country in terms of blood and treasure?  Yeah the Republic would more than likely survive but at what cost?  I'd much rather the citizenry get woke and kick out the disgusting slugs in charge of the country at the moment and drive the 1/3 of the population who support those slugs back under their rocks....but I'd also like to wake up tomorrow morning and take a shit that consists entirely of diamonds and gold.  I don't think either is gonna happen.  So here we are.  Post-truth, post-facts, post-reason.  And one of our two major political parties is going to ride that train to its conclusion no matter how tragic.  I just can't shrug my shoulders and be blase about the possibility of spending the final 40% of my life staring at that possibility without having a major snit fit every now and then. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Too bad Hillary's not president. She would've fucked with Russia big time. And they know it. 

And this is the cognitive dissonance main course for the Trumpsters.

If Hillary was such an awful candidate, why was Russia spending millions of dollars spreading propaganda convincing Americans she was such an awful candidate?

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And this is the cognitive dissonance main course for the Trumpsters.

If Hillary was such an awful candidate, why was Russia spending millions of dollars spreading propaganda convincing Americans she was such an awful candidate?

Because if Russia hates the libs, that must mean Russia is our pal. Hooray for Russia. 

This is the level of understanding we're dealing with. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Cause Putin had a grunge, believing that Clinton had tried to interfere in Russian domestic politics. Or maybe he was just really pissed off that she misspelled the Russian word on the reset button. 

You mean that time mass protests about a rigged election freaked Putin out and he blamed it on Clinton for calling Putin’s election results as “dishonest and unfair” ?You know, after the election

BOTHSIDES.png

• Like 2

So you dismiss Putin's hatred of Clinton personally for perceived interference in Russian domestic politics as a motivating factor in the Russian attempts to influence the US election? OK, I guess.  Engage hashtag, disengage brain. 

ETA blast from the past:

"Former U.S. officials who worked on Russia policy with Clinton say that Putin was personally stung by Clinton’s December 2011 condemnation of Russia’s parliamentary elections, and had his anger communicated directly to President Barack Obama. They say Putin and his advisers are also keenly aware that, even as she executed Obama’s “reset” policy with Russia, Clinton took a harder line toward Moscow than others in the administration. And they say Putin sees Clinton as a forceful proponent of “regime change” policies that the Russian leader considers a grave threat to his own survival.

“He was very upset [with Clinton] and continued to be for the rest of the time that I was in government,” said Michael McFaul, who served as the top Russia official in Obama’s national security council from 2009 to December 2011 and then was U.S. ambassador to Moscow until early 2014. “One could speculate that this is his moment for payback.”

Edited by Anastasis

35 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So you dismiss Putin's hatred of Clinton personally for perceived interference in Russian domestic politics as a motivating factor in the Russian attempts to influence the US election? OK, I guess.  Engage hashtag, disengage brain. 

Previously, you have #bothsides’d your way through minimizing direct Russian interference in our election.  

Neither Clinton nor the US attacked that Russian election.  A good chunk of the Russian population knows Putin is a dictator running a sham electoral operation.  Do you have a problem with representatives of democratic nations calling out a dictator running sham elections ?  I don’t.  But that’s not enough.  It’s clear Putin is our most serious threat and needs to be dealt with accordingly.

• Like 1

Putin is scared of Hillary and Trump is scared of Putin. This tells you everything you need to know about the "mistake" America made in the 2016 election. Every moment since then has highlighted the fact that Trump is a wrecking ball to American exceptionalism.

Impeaching him will be NyC confetti kiss a sailor Victory in America parade worthy.

• Like 1

Previously, you have #bothsides’d your way through minimizing direct Russian interference in our election. 

Most of my "minimization" of the Russian influence campaign is related to laughing at how fucking politically broken, retarded, and compromised the general American electorate is. They attacked us with coloring books for Bernie bros!

02dc-ads-lgbt-united-superJumbo.png?qual

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

They attacked us with coloring books for Bernie bros!

When you do this it comes off as minimizing it by acting like that was all they were doing. 

If anything, the coloring books for Bernie demonstrate just how broad and nuanced their messaging influence campaign was.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:38 AM, Fozzz said:

I certainly care whether or not Qatar gets to build that natural pipeline through Syria and into Turkey.  Those young men know that it's their duty to risk their lives to improve profit margins of Qatari princes. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Most of my "minimization" of the Russian influence campaign is related to laughing at how fucking politically broken, retarded, and compromised the general American electorate is. They attacked us with coloring books for Bernie bros!

02dc-ads-lgbt-united-superJumbo.png?qual

Definitely swung the election with that one.  Almost as influential as the jesus masturbation meme.