The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

American Conservative.com welcomes and hails Spectator USA.

I did a little research into the source. Google mostly provides links to the American Spectator. The link above says it's the American version of a longstanding British publication. 

Cockburn is a pseudonym explained in the magazine.

It's all new to me except for the poisonous original American Spectator. Thought I'd share my meager efforts at research.

14 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

It doesnt matter if Trump is indicted or not, or even if Mueller is only insuring a preliminary report and wants to deal with the Russia stuff going forward. As soon as all the Trump kids are indicted, Trump fires Mueller, imho. 

That makes an interesting circle.

Trump investigated > Trump almost indicted for obstruction > Trump's family indicted > Trump fires prosecutor > Trump investigated/indicted for obstruction > Trump pardons everyone including himself > Trump investigated for obstruction > Monkey fucks football in the Hindenburg while Brisket entertains friends and former enemies to fine liquor on the observation deck.

Oh, the humanity!

How many times are you guys gonna buy into the deep tease, only for it to go nowhere? Third party, unsourced reports of JUST TOTALLY INSANE STUFF that in the end is never confirmed (though many choose to believe it's true anyway, its just Trump playing 4D chess).

How many "make you dick bigger pills" do you have to buy until you realize nothing is gonna make your dick bigger?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

56 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

How many times are you guys gonna buy into the deep tease, only for it to go nowhere? Third party, unsourced reports of JUST TOTALLY INSANE STUFF that in the end is never confirmed (though many choose to believe it's true anyway, its just Trump playing 4D chess).

How many "make you dick bigger pills" do you have to buy until you realize nothing is gonna make your dick bigger?

I know right? I mean the investigation keeps coming to and end, and the reports keep coming out, and Trump is totally vindicated every time! Just grinds my gears dammit! Well maybe this time it will be different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

Your image of other people on this board is humorous.

3 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

It doesnt matter if Trump is indicted or not, or even if Mueller is only insuring a preliminary report and wants to deal with the Russia stuff going forward. As soon as all the Trump kids are indicted, Trump fires Mueller, imho. 

Mueller, at the very least, expects this and obviously will have planned accordingly.  The firing/pardon threat to obstruct justice has been openly considered since the summer of 2017.  It's one of the major reasons sealed indictments are a virtual certainty (Mueller already employed a sealed indictment with Papadopolous).  Trump firing Mueller would be Trump punching a tar baby.

The moment Kushner, Ivanka, DonJr, and Eric are indicted, Donald will know at the very least he's getting Trump Org perp-walked as soon as he leaves the WH.  As a barely functional person, he will become incapacitated; perhaps only sustained by the strength of his soullessness.

Mueller most likely doesn't issue some interim report.  He is supposed to prosecute (indict) or formally decline whomever he chooses and explain those decisions in the report.  When his job is over.  If he hasn't indicted the Trump kids, presumably it's because it's outside his bailiwick (financial crimes) and will be handled by the SD NY or other USA.  Therefore, he won't be "fired" after his report, his job will have terminated.  Now, that may lead to a cascade of firings of USAs, or pardons, or other shenanigans, all of which will bring Trump closer to impeachment.

The one question that remains to me is those prosecutions (the Russians) that have not and may not ever go to trial or terminate other than by dismissal.  All the others are terminated by plea, if I am not mistaken, and Manafort.

Trump Org was directly involved in 2016 campaign related crimes that we already know involve Trump and DonJr based on their signatures on Trump Org checks to Cohen (and Cohen's guilty plea and subsequent Congressional testimony) as a part of a campaign related felony.  So it's no stretch to see how all 3 kids fall under Mueller's bailiwick.  

The scenario that appears to be quite likely is that Mueller is prepared to indict Trump kids for campaign related financial crimes and POTUS for obstruction of justice.  Mueller can certainly report all the evidence against POTUS in an open report and see what the AG/Congress do.  

One question is, to the extent that sealed indictments are in place, does that necessarily get reported in a Mueller report ?  The smart play would be to hold off on unsealing the full array of conspiracy charges wrt Russia until Mueller has a handle on what happens with initial Trump family charges.  

Edited by triplehorn

Aren’t you the dullard who said only “totally random people” were getting indicted by Mueller and the ancillary investigations?
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Aren’t you the dullard who said only “totally random people” were getting indicted by Mueller and the ancillary investigations?

Instead of deliberately misstating something, why don't you quote the post? I am happy to defend my comments. When you have major media outlets reporting that "A known associate of Roger Stone was indicted", and you somehow think that's important, you've fallen through the looking glass.

Edited by Thetexashammer

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Please feel free to cite the post. It's out there somewhere. 

Nobody will respond to my question. How many times have people posted that "all the Trump kids are about to get arrested"? Over and over again, fake stories about nonsense get posted. Uncorroborated, unsourced, fake news. When do you get tired of it? When do you notice the pattern? 

Trump isn't getting indicted. Trump's kids aren't going to jail. Four investigation haven't found anything. Sorry, that's just what happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Your image of other people on this board is humorous.

If the only tool you have is a Thetexashammer, the whole world is going to look like a shitload of bent nails. 

6 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Wait, this is a joke right?  

You realize the rubes buying up Alex Jones ‘supplements’ and whatever their dipshit pastor is pedaling are 99% trump supporters right?

Truly comical to see you and your ilk claim the high ground on anything pertaining to intelligence.  

Marcy makes a good observation wrt to timing of Mueller's report and Trump family indictments.  The Mystery Appellant appears to be a big deal and very sensitive re Mueller's investigation.  So any indictments that would be dropping within the next two weeks would NOT signal that his work is done.

John Brennan last week was suggesting any indictments of Trump family members among others would be "Mueller's final act" and Brennan expects Mueller would be fired by Trump on the spot.  He also opined it'd happen before the end of this week.  Even if those indictments drop in the next couple weeks, Mueller may well be fired, but his work will not have been completed. 

So it appears that either Trump family members' indictments are imminent and Mueller's work is not done, or Mueller silence is prolonged through the end of March while the investigation proceeds.

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Marcy makes a good observation wrt to timing of Mueller's report and Trump family indictments.  The Mystery Appellant appears to be a big deal and very sensitive re Mueller's investigation.  So any indictments that would be dropping within the next two weeks would NOT signal that his work is done.

John Brennan last week was suggesting any indictments of Trump family members among others would be "Mueller's final act" and Brennan expects Mueller would be fired by Trump on the spot.  He also opined it'd happen before the end of this week.  Even if those indictments drop in the next couple weeks, Mueller may well be fired, but his work will not have been completed. 

So it appears that either Trump family members' indictments are imminent and Mueller's work is not done, or Mueller silence is prolonged through the end of March while the investigation proceeds.

Well, Cohen seems to be or have been mostly in the same boat with respect to campaign contributions, but that aspect is being handled by the SD NY, as I would expect non-Russian-related things to be.

I think whatever it was that provoked the Manafort indictments from Mueller threw everyone's expectations off as pertains to Mueller's "arising under" jurisdiction.  He has pretty clearly required a Russia nexus for all of his subsequent indictments.

2 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I've been trying to tell you that for a while triple. Mueller extended his grand jury through July. If he ends soon, it's due to external pressure. 

Aren’t grand juries typically extended six months at a time?  I honestly don’t know.

Do they ever say, “we just need 90 days.”

8 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

I've been trying to tell you that for a while triple. Mueller extended his grand jury through July. If he ends soon, it's due to external pressure. 

IIRC, it's a procedural norm to extend grand juries by six months, even if they only need a little bit of time. I wouldn't read too much into the amount of time extended other than "they extended the grand jury", because they can dismiss it once they're finished and/or request another extension if that's what they determine to be required

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Aren’t grand juries typically extended six months at a time?  I honestly don’t know.

Do they ever say, “we just need 90 days.”

I'm not sure. Abramson is a former public defender and he thinks it is. It's not just the extension per se, but Mueller is still trying to get grand jury testimony from both an individual and a corporation. Abramson is assuming there will be some more time to litigate that and then Mueller will need time to follow up on any leads generated in their testimony. 

He's posted a bunch of threads with additional evidence too. Here's one, start at #9.

https://threader.app/thread/1098328381999976451

9/Russian spy Maria Butina's boyfriend Paul Erickson was just charged, and we don't know what he'll reveal; Roger Stone was just charged, and we don't know what he'll reveal; Manafort may face new charges or may balk when he gets his sentence, so we don't know what he'll reveal.

10/ Mueller's office previously told Jerome Corsi it would indict him, and that still hasn't happened; Congress has sent transcripts to Mueller indicating felony perjury or lying to Congress by

Erik Prince, Donald Trump Jr. and others, and those charges have not yet been brought.

11/ Mueller is still fighting with one individual and one corporation to compel grand jury testimony, and just extended his grand jury 6 months, so those matters must be litigated, as must outstanding subpoenas for document production—apparently internationally—that Mueller sent.

I think Corsi is cooperating with Mueller.

Erik Prince lied to Congress and confessed to it on Al Jazeera. He's going to be indicted. 

Edited by suddenly shaggy

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:

IIRC, it's a procedural norm to extend grand juries by six months, even if they only need a little bit of time. I wouldn't read too much into the amount of time extended other than "they extended the grand jury", because they can dismiss it once they're finished and/or request another extension if that's what they determine to be required

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_6

(g) Discharging the Grand Jury. A grand jury must serve until the court discharges it, but it may serve more than 18 months only if the court, having determined that an extension is in the public interest, extends the grand jury's service. An extension may be granted for no more than 6 months, except as otherwise provided by statute.

You appear to be correct, sir.

I'm not sure what's normal, but it makes complete sense for a judge to extend it as far as it will go, ie another six months, rather than have to entertain piecemeal extension requests.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_6

You appear to be correct, sir.

Not based on what you posted.

An extension may be granted for no more than 6 months

"No more than 6 months" does not equal extend by 6 months. It means any length of time up to 6 months. 

It may well be a procedural norm, but what you posted doesn't show that. 

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

As a former CIA director, I would hope he knows shit. 

It would suck if he didn't know shit, or didn't know jack shit. 

i took it as stgamb means brennan is not in a position now to know mueller's intentions.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Looking at the highlights of Sanders press conference, it didn’t go well.  Trump considering pardoning Manafort, and

I'm moving to DPRK.   I'd rather not listen to a press secretary than have to listen to this.  I think we should suggest she follows her bosses lead and skip unnecessary words to save time. 

5 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

DoJ funds Special Counsel Investigation through next September ?

Looking at this through the lens of funding seems to add another dimension to Pelosi's remarks today about slow walking impeachment.  

Of course they’re going to slow walk it. Though some might say it’s to the detriment of the country, the smart play is to drop the heaviest hammer when its too late for the republicans to recover for 2020.   At that point they’re stuck with Trump.