The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

Sounds like Mueller filed his report saying that he neither is defining obstruction or conspiracy w RUS nor exonerating Trump, then

then Barr interprets report himself as having no substance to bring charges , unrelated to DOJ policy of not indicting sitting POTUS.

Now a fight to prevent Congress from getting all available evidence for public view to make its own determination.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Yeah, pretty sure Barr was hired to write that letter. 

Sure, but Barr isn't a hack like Whitaker.   Frankly, I'm relieved with the conclusion on collusion.  It's the best result for our country.   I trust Mueller, and if he couldn't find evidence, as reflected in his quote in the letter, that's good enough for me. 

• Like 1

Re: the IRA disinformation campaign:

"...the Special Counsel did not find that any U.S. person or Trump campaign official or associate conspired or knowingly coordinated with the IRA in its efforts..."

Re: the DNC hack:

"...the Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts..."

I'd very much like to know why these are worded differently.

Just now, triplehorn said:

Sounds like Mueller filed his report saying that he neither is defining obstruction or conspiracy w RUS nor exonerating Trump, then

then Barr interprets report himself as having no substance to bring charges , unrelated to DOJ policy of not indicting sitting POTUS.

Now a fight to prevent Congress from getting all available evidence for public view to make its own determination.

No, he couldn't exonerate Trump on obstruction, but pretty much did on collusion.  Or, at least he could rule it out based on the evidence he had. 

“The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 Presidential election.”

That’s it. It’s over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mapache said:

“The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.’” 

Are you surprised it doesn't add the caveat ?  Everyone was so 100% certain he was gonna go down before 2016 was even out.  

If only he'd robbed a gas station or something.. then by God they'd have had him !!!

Release the report, and let the citizens that paid for it to draw their own conclusions.

1 minute ago, Mojo Hand said:

Sure, but Barr isn't a hack like Whitaker.   Frankly, I'm relieved with the conclusion on collusion.  It's the best result for our country.   I trust Mueller, and if he couldn't find evidence, as reflected in his quote in the letter, that's good enough for me. 

That's my general feeling as well.  It doesn't change my regard for Trump the person in the least, but I feel like the system is working. 

Congress still has to see the full Mueller report.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Re: the IRA disinformation campaign:

"...the Special Counsel did not find that any U.S. person or Trump campaign official or associate conspired or knowingly coordinated with the IRA in its efforts..."

Re: the DNC hack:

"...the Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts..."

I'd very much like to know why these are worded differently.

Because it’s hard to conspire with a government.  Apparently you can conspire with people tangentially working on a government’s behalf, but that doesn’t mean you’re conspiring with the government. 

Props to the Kremlin and their cut outs.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Are you surprised it doesn't add the caveat ?  Everyone was so 100% certain he was gonna go down before 2016 was even out.  

If only he'd robbed a gas station or something.. then by God they'd have had him !!!

Release the report, and let the citizens that paid for it to draw their own conclusions.

This.

Just now, Bama Chick said:

So, I ask again, since Trump supporters are certain the full report exonerates Trump, will you all join in demanding the release of the full, unredacted report?

I’m pretty sure everyone here wants the full report released. At least I haven’t seen any comments to the contrary. 

1 minute ago, Lat22 said:

“The Special Counsel’s investigation did not find that the Trump campaign or anyone associated with it conspired or coordinated with Russia in its efforts to influence the 2016 Presidential election.”

That’s it. It’s over. 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

That's my general feeling as well.  It doesn't change my regard for Trump the person in the least, but I feel like the system is working. 

Congress still has to see the full Mueller report.

Agreed. Seems like there was no conspiracy, but let's see the full report. 

Just now, Brian Fantana said:

The best possible outcome was always Trump or people he works with being innocent of any sort of conspiracy wrt: Russia. That means he's just a moron and not a moron that's actively working against US interests, aka a win for this country.

Just to be clear, the report seems to clear Trump re: colluding in the 2016 election intelligence operation.   His bizarre behavior towards Putin is still unexplained, and the report doesn't necessarily address any of the other things out there like the possible kompromat, Russian loans, etc.  Which Mueller could have referred out to SDNY etc.

There's so many questions that letter leaves unanswered. I hope the report details the decisions made. What really happened at the Trump Tower meeting? What information did Gates provide? Did Trump's written answer detail the Trump Tower Moscow project? What about the pressure to lie to Congress that Cohen described? What about the Helsinki press conference with Putin? What about Stone's communication with wikileaks? The whole report has to come out and Congress needs to be able to interview Mueller.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Because it’s hard to conspire with a government.  Apparently you can conspire with people tangentially working on a government’s behalf, but that doesn’t mean you’re conspiring with the government. 

Props to the Kremlin and their cut outs.

I think the use of "knowingly" as a qualifier re: the IRA campaign is important, as is the omission of "any U.S. person" re: the hacking.

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

So, I ask again, since Trump supporters are certain the full report exonerates Trump, will you all join in demanding the release of the full, unredacted report?

Go ahead, all for it.  It is the only possible way to convince one side or the other of the facts.  Heads up though, you are never going to get a fully unredacted report.  This is the United States government issuing a report focusing on an investigation that involved Russia.  When was the last time they have ever released that kind of report without redactions?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Kiss said:

It's OBVIOUS what he did 

I'm off to Canada. 

Fuck America up the ass.

Dumb evil piece of shit crime country.

(hahahahahahahahahahahahha) Please .... no...... don't go....   stay... (hahahahahahahah).

Snowflakes do stand a better chance up there in the great white north.

(oh shit, is that racist ?)

They'll steal the next election.

Russia won.

Gays women minorities are about to get abused. White nazis will run roughshod with proud boy assault weapons.

He will pardon everyone.

Escape from America. 

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah................... yeah no again.

They'll steal the next election.

Russia won.

Gays women minorities are about to get abused. White nazis will run roughshod with proud boy assault weapons.

He will pardon everyone.

Escape from America. 

Actually, your message is Russia's message right now.  Mueller's report is the rule of law in action. And its result means that our president didn't work with them to steal the election.  While the truth needed to come out either way, this result is great for our country. 

• Like 1

So no collusion,  according to Barr, to influence the election,  it what about to get things like Trump tower Moscow built?

But if Barr’s summary is accurate, and there is no damming evidence, it is really perplexing why Trump hasn’t been endzone dancing for 3 days.