The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, zork said:

Maybe you are right?  It seems like you all have it all figured out.  It doesn't seem so cut and dried as it may appear to you though.  If it was, and Trump was in the meeting, why would he not currently be the target of the investigation?

The lawyer was a Russian agent, so it doesn't matter what the meeting was about.  Negotiating with a foreign government in that manner before they are in office is against the law.  The subject of the meeting doesn't matter.  I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell you if you sincerely believe it was about adoptions though.

29 minutes ago, kevwun said:

The lawyer was a Russian agent, so it doesn't matter what the meeting was about.  Negotiating with a foreign government in that manner before they are in office is against the law.  The subject of the meeting doesn't matter.  I've got a bridge in Arizona to sell you if you sincerely believe it was about adoptions though.

We’ve gone from no contact with Russians to attempted collusion with Russians. The next stop will be “unwitting collusion” with Russians. 

• Like 1

The amateur operatives are getting sort of desperate sounding falling back to it was about adoptions, think of the children, it was all for the little children! and the absurd attempt to blame the Dem administration for allowing Russians into our beloved country.

I particularly like somebody slipping in the new goal post of Trump having to have been at the meeting himself. Smoove.

The GOP conspiracy to whitewash increasingly suggests to me that many in that party are dirty, too. GOPs could abandon Nixon because they weren't personally involved. Why can't GOPs today abandon Trump as the stink gets worse and worse?

Soon the amateur operatives will find themselves alone on the barricades. The men they defend with their own dying integrity will have long ago fled. Still, the amateur operative will fight on. He knows no other way and isn't much interested in any other way.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Ok. I just went thru 5 pages. I haven't got to the humans having opinions on Trump part yet. Can you expedite me to the bombshell? Also, got a slight boner.

I posted it because the release came out while I was logged in last night.  Haven't read them yet.

2 hours ago, zork said:

I posted it because the release came out while I was logged in last night.  Haven't read them yet.

The fact that it was released Friday night by people who want to use the information to make the agents look bad should tell you a lot. If there was anything in them, they would be released at the start of a news cycle early in the week. The emails were released on Friday night, which shows intent to bury them. 

Bold prediction, they are another Nunesburger. 

How are these Strozk and Page text messages getting out?  

FOIA?

I didn’t think you could FOIA text messages between two FBI agents.

Oh wait I see, Congress is leaking them after they demanded them from the DOJ.  How professional.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

FOIA?

Oh wait I see, Congress is leaking them after they demanded them from the DOJ.  How professional.

Leaking is OK with Republicans if they think it's to their benefit. Nunes out front should have told ya.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

FOIA?

Gadzooks! There is unmasking afoot! Sinister doings that were once not tolerated by these fine men! Forsooth!

(I know it's not exactly the same thing, but it's close enough.)

The recently-released Minority report of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI) discloses a copy of an e-mail sent by Donald J. Trump Jr., on September 21, 2016, to a group of top Trump campaign officials.   The e-mail is interesting because Trump may have confessed in it to committing a federal crime, specifically 18 U.S.C. § 1030(a)(2).   It's just a misdemeanor based on the facts we know.  But depending on the circumstances, the violation could also be a felony.  

https://www.lawfareblog.com/did-donald-trump-jr-admit-violating-computer-fraud-and-abuse-act

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/russian-lawyer-who-met-with-kushner-don-jr-admits-to-being-an-informant-1221063235886

Nice job crazies.  Through subtitles we are to believe she admitted to being a russian agent.  She didnt.  We have no idea what word she =said or how it translates in english.  She gets after Engel in the end for accusing her of being dishonest.  She is adamant that she never lied about anything to the HIC.  They cut off her statement at the end.  If the emails are real, all they really prove is that she worked on a case that had some govt involvement.  She already admitted working in connection with the russian govt in her capacity as legal counsel for Prevezon.  I predict this will go where every other crazy theory goes....nowhere.

A 2 minute or so edited interview is the one that brings everyone down?  Any of you wonder why no one with a brain is following up on this?  

13 minutes ago, sheeeit said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/russian-lawyer-who-met-with-kushner-don-jr-admits-to-being-an-informant-1221063235886

Nice job crazies.  Through subtitles we are to believe she admitted to being a russian agent.  She didnt.  We have no idea what word she =said or how it translates in english.  She gets after Engel in the end for accusing her of being dishonest.  She is adamant that she never lied about anything to the HIC.  They cut off her statement at the end.  If the emails are real, all they really prove is that she worked on a case that had some govt involvement.  She already admitted working in connection with the russian govt in her capacity as legal counsel for Prevezon.  I predict this will go where every other crazy theory goes....nowhere.

A 2 minute or so edited interview is the one that brings everyone down?  Any of you wonder why no one with a brain is following up on this?  

Mueller knows what's up.

But you won't like what he presents, either.

Go fuck yourself sheeeit. You are a disingenuous liar and you've been exposed far too many times for anyone to take your latest lie seriously. 

Vesinitskaya represents the Russian Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika. It was obvious when the affair was first exposed. It's literally written in the fucking emails that set the meeting up in the first place. 

That is sheeeit's cue to ignore the topic for several weeks before bringing it up again sometime in May as if it's new information he's never heard of.

Someone will then need to explain to him how those wacky libs could think there is any connection between Vesilnitska and the Russian government and we can repeat the process each month until Mueller's report comes out. 

7 hours ago, sheeeit said:

i.e., here is what the newsletter told me to say.

19 hours ago, Pods said:

Go fuck yourself sheeeit. You are a disingenuous liar and you've been exposed far too many times for anyone to take your latest lie seriously. 

Vesinitskaya represents the Russian Prosecutor General Yuri Chaika. It was obvious when the affair was first exposed. It's literally written in the fucking emails that set the meeting up in the first place. 

18 hours ago, Pods said:

That is sheeeit's cue to ignore the topic for several weeks before bringing it up again sometime in May as if it's new information he's never heard of.

Someone will then need to explain to him how those wacky libs could think there is any connection between Vesilnitska and the Russian government and we can repeat the process each month until Mueller's report comes out. 

Do you even have a clue how pathetic you come across when you post.   You have never caught me in any lie.  You accuse me of lying but never actually prove anything.

But I am happy to publicly wager on my position.  lets make a bet.  If Mueller finds that Nataliya was a russian agent and was part of the russian conspiracy with the trump crew I will change my name on here to Pods is a Genius.  If not, you change yours to Sheeeit is a Genius.   

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 4:40 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Db5m1cSVQAAZe09?format=jpg&name=medium

What is interesting about that is that the National Enquirer has consistently been pushing pro-Trump nutcase theories.  Do a Google search for National Enquirer 2017 covers. It reads like the lunatic ravings of BadMofo or Epi. (Or Trump's tweets.)

"World War III is Coming: How Trump will Crush our 8 Enemies" 

"337,117 Illegals Caught Invading America: Trump Must Build the Wall!"

"Obama's Secret Plan to Impeach Trump"

"Hillary Caught in Sex Scandal Cover-up"  (No, seriously, that's a coverpage headlines.  Who the fuck would want to read that?)

So, we still have the "Trump passed Polygraph" head line, but they are clearing indicating Cohen is dirty as fuck.  Couple that with Trump saying Cohen only helped on a sliver of legal work.  There is "distancing yourself" and there is full on eject button. 

6 minutes ago, Tuco said:

What is interesting about that is that the National Enquirer has consistently been pushing pro-Trump nutcase theories.  Do a Google search for National Enquirer 2017 covers. It reads like the lunatic ravings of BadMofo or Epi. (Or Trump's tweets.)

"Hillary Caught in Sex Scandal Cover-up"  (No, seriously, that's a coverpage headlines.  Who the fuck would want to read that?)

So, we still have the "Trump passed Polygraph" head line, but they are clearing indicating Cohen is dirty as fuck.  Couple that with Trump saying Cohen only helped on a sliver of legal work.  There is "distancing yourself" and there is full on eject button. 

It's pretty transparent Cohen's getting thrown to the wolves, especially considering Trump is buddy-buddy with their editor.

48 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Last week it was “newly uncovered” evidence on Ted Kennedy’s pregnant mistress.

Cohen is fucked

2 hours ago, sheeeit said:

Do you even have a clue how pathetic you come across when you post.   You have never caught me in any lie.  You accuse me of lying but never actually prove anything.

But I am happy to publicly wager on my position.  lets make a bet.  If Mueller finds that Nataliya was a russian agent and was part of the russian conspiracy with the trump crew I will change my name on here to Pods is a Genius.  If not, you change yours to Sheeeit is a Genius.   

Fuck off liar, everyone is tired of your sheeit. 

Edited by Pods
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

No one seems in the Trumpkin inter circle seems to be under any misunderstanding that Trump and Cohen are actually innocent. 

Edited by Pods

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

i just read someone speculating that this indicates cohen is already on board.  that's been my guess, as well.

20 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

It seems like you should re-read what you wrote before acting like an ass.  

It seems I accidentally typed seems twice as well. If that's your point, it's equally stupid. 

If we're offering suggestions, maybe you could think more next time before making a cliched and tired post thinking you are posting some sort of witty shaggy/surly meme retort. Maybe work in a your mom joke for extra originality points next time. 

Edited by Pods

15 minutes ago, Pods said:

Or maybe you could think more before making a cliched and tired post thinking you are posting some sort of witty retort. Maybe work in a your mom joke for extra originality points next time. 

I worked in your mom last night.

• Like 3

Trump-allied House conservatives draft articles of impeachment against Rosenstein as ‘last resort’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-allied-house-conservatives-draft-articles-of-impeachment-against-rosenstein-as-last-resort/2018/04/30/d78af412-4c97-11e8-b725-92c89fe3ca4c_story.html?utm_term=.af13c7dc5f65

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4449879-House-Freedom-Caucus-drafts-articles-of.html

Conservative House allies of President Trump have drafted articles of impeachment against Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who oversees the ongoing special counsel probe, setting up a possible GOP showdown over the federal investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The document, which was obtained by The Washington Post, underscores the growing chasm between congressional Republican leaders, who have maintained for months that special counsel Robert S. Mueller III should be allowed to proceed, and rank-and-file GOP lawmakers who have repeatedly battled the Justice Department during the past year.

The draft articles, which one of its authors called a “last resort,” would be unlikely to garner significant support in Congress. But it could serve as a provocative political weapon for conservatives in their standoff with Mueller and the Justice Department.

Members of the conservative House Freedom Caucus — led by Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.), a Trump confidant — finalized the draft in recent days. It came after weeks of disputes with Rosenstein over the Justice Department’s response to congressional requests for documents about the decisions and behavior of federal law-enforcement officials working on the Russia investigation and other federal probes, including the investigation into 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s email server.

Meadows acknowledged the draft in an interview Monday, calling the one-page document “a last resort option, if the Department of Justice fails to respond” for his requests for more information.

“My frustrations about their inability to respond to simple requests could warrant further action,” Meadows said, adding that many of his colleagues are nearing a breaking point with Rosenstein.

The Freedom Caucus, which counts a few dozen House Republicans as members, is one of the more influential blocs in Congress because of its ability to drive debates to the right inside the House and Meadows’s close relationship with the president.

Still, the group’s impeachment draft would face many challenges if it were referred to the House Judiciary Committee for consideration. Republicans leaders have kept their distance from calls to remove Rosenstein from office, and Democrats have argued that the GOP’s clashes with the deputy attorney general are little more than a pretext to weaken Mueller’s efforts.

In recent weeks, the Judiciary Committee reached an agreement with the Justice Department over documents it wanted turned over — possibly curbing the appetite of its leaders for a fight.

Impeaching a federal official is an exceedingly difficult endeavor. While House members can refer impeachment articles to the House Judiciary Committee, it is usually up to the committee to debate or draft impeachment legislation that could be brought before the House for a vote. A simple majority is then needed for an article of impeachment to pass and be sent to the U.S. Senate for a trial. Two-thirds of the Senate are necessary to convict and remove the accused from office.

Should the Judiciary Committee decline to take up a proposal, Meadows and his colleagues are considering offering articles of impeachment under what is called a “privileged” resolution, which is when a floor vote is quickly called if the House speaker approves.

The last federal official impeached by the House was federal judge G. Thomas Porteous Jr., who was convicted by the Senate in 2010 on bribery allegations.

A spokesperson for the House Judiciary Committee declined to comment on the draft or the prospect of impeachment proceedings. A Justice Department spokesman also declined to comment on the draft.

Democrats have said that conservative criticisms of Rosenstein are aimed at protecting Trump. But Meadows and others involved in the impeachment discussions say their concerns are serious and should be heard.

The draft criticizes Rosenstein’s disclosure of materials related to a classified surveillance warrant application and subsequent renewals targeting former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Conservatives have alleged the Justice Department acted inappropriately because the department relied on information in its warrant applications that was funded by Clinton’s presidential campaign. The warrants were approved by multiple judges. 

The conversatives’ outline, which is divided into eight parts, focuses on Rosenstein and surveillance matters in the first three articles. The document asserts that the veteran Justice Department official “engaged in a pattern of conduct incompatible with the trust and confidence placed in him” in his dealings with Congress and “failed to enforce multiple laws” in the warrant process.

The draft also states that Rosenstein “knowingly provided misleading statements” during congressional testimony about steps the federal government took to investigate Russian interference in the 2016 election.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz announced in March that he will examine the series of applications to surveil Page, along with the department’s relationship with former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele, whose research was cited in those requests.

The impeachment draft come at a charged moment within the Republican Party and inside the White House. Trump warned in recent days that he could make sweeping changes at the Justice Department and has repeatedly railed against the special counsel investigation as a “witch hunt” that is baseless and politically motivated.

And it follows months of pressure on Rosenstein, going back to January when Rep. Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.) called him a “traitor” who should be criminally prosecuted.

“They have a witch hunt against the president of the United States going on, I’ve taken the position — and I don’t have to take this position, maybe I’ll change — that I will not be involved with the Justice Department,” Trump told Fox News in an interview last week. “I will wait till this is over.”

The impeachment draft comes even as other House Republicans have cooled their tensions with Rosenstein, who has largely capitulated to lawmakers’ demands.

In early April, for example, the Justice Department gave House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) access to a redacted document detailing the origin of the investigation into whether the Trump campaign coordinated with Russia to influence the 2016 election, just a day after Nunes had threatened impeachment proceedings. At the time, Nunes publicly thanked Rosenstein for his cooperation, although he said his subpoenas would remain in effect.

Similarly, the Justice Department came to an agreement in recent weeks with House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), who had been seeking documents on the investigation into Clinton’s use of a private email server and the firing of Andrew McCabe as deputy FBI director, among other things. 

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.), when asked in April at a news conference about Mueller and Rosenstein, said “they should be allowed to do their jobs.” 

But Meadows and others in his wing of the House GOP, such as Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), have continued to question Rosenstein and met with him at the Justice Department in mid-April to discuss document production. Meadows and Jordan left the session disappointed and have been talking through what the articles of impeachment could be ever since.

“The Department of Justice’s willingness to comply with legitimate requests are more lip service than actual actions,” Meadows said Monday.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz