The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and if we hadn't already cemented it in place, "Stupid Watergate" really is perfect for this band of clowns.  This is absolutely hysterical.  A blindfolded man in a dildo factory couldn't trip over dicks at the rate these guys have achieved.

Why not just Stupidgate?

Edited by Ten Bears
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, and if we hadn't already cemented it in place, "Stupid Watergate" really is perfect for this band of clowns.  This is absolutely hysterical.  A blindfolded man in a dildo factory couldn't trip over dicks at the rate these guys have achieved.

23 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

Why not just Stupidgate?

I'm of the mind that we're going to have to get a whole lot more creative in naming this thing since it will likely surpass any political scandal we've seen in our lifetimes or, potentially, that of the Republic. But if we're going to stick with the "gate" theme, I'm inclined to go with Floodgate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

I'm of the mind that we're going to have to get a whole lot more creative in naming this thing since it will likely surpass any political scandal we've seen in our lifetimes or, potentially, that of the Republic. But if we're going to stick with the "gate" theme, I'm inclined to go with Floodgate.

I dunno, there's a whole lot of Russiagate in there as well.  

So back to the Prague Cohen thing for a moment, has that gained any traction or confirmation by any other news agencies beside McClatchy Report?  Cause that's kind of a big deal that doesn't appear to be getting confirmation by additional sources. 

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

So back to the Prague Cohen thing for a moment, has that gained any traction or confirmation by any other news agencies beside McClatchy Report?  Cause that's kind of a big deal that doesn't appear to be getting confirmation by additional sources. 

We'll probably have to wait til he's asked under oath.

41 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

No confirmation, but it could be info that Mueller is clamping down on. His team has been pretty solid at keeping info locked down. We may not find out for a while. 

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This right here should have been the point where even the "poorly educated" should have realized, oh, this guy might not have my best interests in mind.

I got news for you, almost nobody poorly educated, thinks they're poorly educated.  'I have street smarts' etc.  And some do have street smarts.  And some that have spent plenty of time in schools are much more poorly educated than many with only a h.s. diploma.  As a country we're fucking morons.  Yes, poorly educated morons.  This entire shitshow is exhibit A. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anastasis said:

McClatchy has been reliable on their information thus far and has broken some serious bombshells no one else can confirm. 

The way I read this:  Mueller could be using low profile McClatchy exclusively as an outlet for limited information they want to get out to the public without formally disclosing anything about the investigation.  

In this case, they are actually doing Michael Cohen a favor by saying, "Hey, we know you were in Prague so the more you lie about it, the worse it's going to go for you."

32 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

McClatchy has been reliable on their information thus far and has broken some serious bombshells no one else can confirm. 

The way I read this:  Mueller could be using low profile McClatchy exclusively as an outlet for limited information they want to get out to the public without formally disclosing anything about the investigation.  

In this case, they are actually doing Michael Cohen a favor by saying, "Hey, we know you were in Prague so the more you lie about it, the worse it's going to go for you."

I don't think that Mueller is in the business of doing Cohen any favors.

I agree with pods. Mueller has kept his shit on lock.  It is likely McClatchy's sources are not actually from Muellers team, and may be providing erroneous information.  That the report is not being confirmed by any other outlets should be cause for pause imo. 

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't think that Mueller is in the business of doing Cohen any favors.

I agree with pods. Mueller has kept his shit on lock.  It is likely McClatchy's sources are not actually from Muellers team, and may be providing erroneous information.  That the report is not being confirmed by any other outlets should be cause for pause imo. 

I hold the opposite view, though I agree the source isn't on Mueller's team. McClatchy has been credible in the past.  And there have been a number of stories reported and then confirmed months later only when Mueller files charges, because Mueller typically doesn't leak.  I don't think they got the Prague story from Mueller, but rather from the same intelligence source that gave the info to Mueller.   Perhaps a European source.  But that doesn't mean we should necessarily expect other leaks on the same story. 

Edited by Mojo Hand

Mueller can get information out without leaking through cooperating witnesses and/or their attorneys, pending approval.

For example, McClatchy’s sources could be one or more of the following witnesses and/or their attorneys:

Rick Gates

Felix Sater

Misha Flynn

George Papadopoulos 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Mueller can get information out without leaking through cooperating witnesses and/or their attorneys, pending approval.

For example, McClatchy’s sources could be one or more of the following witnesses and/or their attorneys:

Rick Gates

Felix Sater

Misha Flynn

George Papadopoulos 

Foreign intel is also a really good candidate. The Germans and the Brits would be watching if Cohen tried to meet up with Russians in a neutral city. 

6 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

I hold the opposite view, though I agree the source isn't on Mueller's team. McClatchy has been credible in the past.  And there have been a number of stories reported and then confirmed months later only when Mueller files charges, because Mueller typically doesn't leak.  I don't think they got the Prague story from Mueller, but rather from the same intelligence source that gave the info to Mueller.   Perhaps a European source.  But that doesn't mean we should necessarily expect other leaks on the same story. 

European source would be my guess, though there are other explanations as cited above.  The article's author was on msnbc last night and reported that they worked on this story for several months.  They had two different sources and felt very confident that the reporting on Michael Cohen being in Prague during the relevant time is accurate.

What is conspicuous is Michael Cohen's inability to prove his whereabouts for the entire couple week window.  Tweeting a passport pic and going on Hannity with said passport in tow is a ruse.

Edited by triplehorn

The thing that blows my mind and brings the lulz is showing off his passport like that matters.  The Czech Republic is in the fucking EU travel zone.  Fly into Warsaw, Paris, Madrid, etc...and hope on a plane to Prague.  You don't get another stamp once you are inside the EU. "No Prague stamp, I believe him."  

Edited by Dertyberd
lulu

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

McConnell is scared of something. 

Perhaps the staggering amount of money funneled to the RNC via the NRA that has Russian fingerprints all over it? Naw, I'm sure that's not a problem... after all, it's TOTALLY legal, so why would anyone have an issue with a foreign actor influencing our elections?

McConnell is going to have a special fucking place in the history books.  He's a flat-out evil motherfucker who has betrayed his country in the name of transitory political power.  When he is dead and buried, I may make a special trip just to piss on his grave.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

McConnell is going to have a special fucking place in the history books.  He's a flat-out evil motherfucker who has betrayed his country in the name of transitory political power.  When he is dead and buried, I may make a special trip just to piss on his grave.

He doesn't care.  He'll be expecting you.  

pee.jpg

23 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Perhaps the staggering amount of money funneled to the RNC via the NRA that has Russian fingerprints all over it? Naw, I'm sure that's not a problem... after all, it's TOTALLY legal, so why would anyone have an issue with a foreign actor influencing our elections?

And I'm thinking there may well be real fire to that smoke.

Imagine the following scenario:

"Moms Demand Action Against Gun Violence" gets huge slugs of cash from, say, China.  And of course, they know exactly where it's coming from (because you KNOW where big chunks of cash are coming from).

The DNC, which works closely with Moms Demand Action, and knows exactly where the cash came from, solicits BIG donations from Moms Demand Action.  Big dollars flow from Moms Demand Action to either the DNC or Democrat candidates for office (president and congress).

How do you NOT have a clean, clear money-laundering operation to conceal illegal foreign campaign contributions?  I mean, seriously, it's about the most basic form that this activity could take.

We may have the mirror of it here.  And if we do...that's really bad shit.  I mean that.  If it happened, it needs to come out, and it needs to be cleaned up and those responsible need to pay.  But it would be awful for the country to have that revealed.  In a way, that seems to be the GOP approach these days -- engage in shit so awful that it's better for the country if we just don't ever know about it.

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

His wife is making $200,000 a year being in Trump’s cabinet. 

So we know his price, or at least part of it. 

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

I have a feeling he knows that the Senate is about to be presented with an avalanche of evidence showing criminal activity on the part of the president of the United States.

i have a feeling he knows that the senate is about to be presented with an avalanche of evidence showing criminal activity on the part of the senate majority leader.

• Like 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

I hope he does. It won't help him at all, but it will be wildly entertaining.

I’d prefer we not be immediately thrown into a constitutional crisis. If he does though, that will just about do it for the republic.

Brisket, hope you got the scotch ready.

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

I’d prefer we not be immediately thrown into a constitutional crisis. If he does though, that will just about do it for the republic.

Brisket, hope you got the scotch ready.

All bottles have been opened, ready for pouring.  I'd hate to have someone wonder whether it's worth breaking the seal on one, when we need to focus on having a good seat to watch the Republic burn to ashes.

And again, y'all think I'm kidding.  I'm not.  The Republic survives.  Until it doesn't.

• Like 2