The Robert Mueller Investigation

Hugo Stiglitz

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

You know zavala, most of us watched the testimony already.  We picked up on the important parts and were able to filter out the utter bullshit.  Thanks for making sure we knew what the utter bullshit was though.

We're you able to filter out that Mueller lies about conflicts of interest?

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/12/justice-mueller-ethics-waiver-russia-291707

The other reality.  The democrats forcing Mueller to testify in front of congress when he really didn't want to and did everything he could to avoid it has now triggered a total fucking stupid dipshit storm of media speculation about his cognitive facilities and fragility.  From #bothsides. The series of events being pushed for political purposes results in a feeding frenzy that will marginalize this man in the final years of his life because he was not capable of delivering the fatal blow desired from the fictitious super hero character created out of psychological inability to process the 2016 election. Murica. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Doesn't really matter. Mueller was not really running the day to day. 

he posted that mueller has a history of lying about being conflicted.  i'm asking if he thinks he was conflicted in this investigation.  i'm not asking if it matters.

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

he posted that mueller has a history of lying about being conflicted.  i'm asking if he thinks he was conflicted in this investigation.  i'm not asking if it matters.

He stated under oath during the testimony that he had no conflicts. It was perjury.

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i read the link 2 years ago.

i'm asking you a yes or no question, not based on the link, but instead based on your personal opinion.  for the 4th time.sinc

I don't have opinions about facts. 

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/12/justice-mueller-ethics-waiver-russia-291707

Really? Can you quote the portion of that article that demonstrates that he LIES about conflicts of interest? I mean, being that the whole article is about a conflict WAIVER...which is only issued with respect to conflicts that a person disclosed....and are, by definition, WAIVED. I’m really curious about the text that you think supports your statement.

Naaah, I’m not curious. I know that you lied, you know that you lied. It’s what you do - it’s the way of your people.

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

I don't have opinions about facts. 

so then...yes, you think he's conflicted?  i can only assume this because you already called him a liar about being conflicted.

is deflection just in your dna?  you can't just own a single "yes" on an anonymous message board?

what do you think creates his particular conflict?  the country club membership?  the fbi job interview?  or your hot scoop lead about former firm overlaps?

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Naaah, I’m not curious. I know that you lied, you know that you lied. It’s what you do - it’s the way of your people.

Let's not discount the possibility that he's simply talking out of his ass because he doesn't know anything about the subject at hand.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

So now you're concerned about ethics and conflicts of interest?

The article you posted speaks to Mueller's employment at a firm that DEFENDED Kushner and Manafort. If anything, that would suggest he'd have a bias toward them. That doesn't help your case in any manner whatsoever.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Really? Can you quote the portion of that article that demonstrates that he LIES about conflicts of interest? I mean, being that the whole article is about a conflict WAIVER...which is only issued with respect to conflicts that a person disclosed....and are, by definition, WAIVED. I’m really curious about the text that you think supports your statement.

Naaah, I’m not curious. I know that you lied, you know that you lied. It’s what you do - it’s the way of your people

https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/mueller-says-he-had-no-conflicts-of-interest-refuting-trumps-accusations/

How can they be waived if you don't have them? You're exceptionally bad at this.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so then...yes, you think he's conflicted?  i can only assume this because you already called him a liar about being conflicted.

is deflection just in your dna?  you can't just own a single "yes" on an anonymous message board?

what do you think creates his particular conflict?  the country club membership?  the fbi job interview?  or your hot scoop lead about former firm overlaps?

I simply made the point that he lied. Do with it as you wish.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I simply made the point that he lied. Do with it as you wish.

ooohhhhhhh, i got it.  i just assumed you had read the link you posted.  my mistake.

so given that you consider mueller a liar and a conflicted investigator, do you agree with his findings, or do you think they're suspect?

https://nypost.com/2019/07/24/mueller-says-he-had-no-conflicts-of-interest-refuting-trumps-accusations/

How can they be waived if you don't have them? You're exceptionally bad at this.

Oh...do go on.

Maybe you would like to pay attention to the actual questions, answers, and the subject matter of the article? The article discussed a conflict waiver...based on the fact that Mueller’s former firm (not Mueller) represented....Trump associates. Mueller was asked whether HE had any conflicts (not pursuant to the Rules of Disciplinary procedure or any other specific mechanism, but whether he personally had any). Maybe you would like to read what the DOJ position on the matter is:

“Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores noted that Mueller himself was not involved in representing Kushner, Manafort or Ivanka Trump. “Mr. Mueller is permitted to participate in matters involving his former firm’s clients so long as he has no confidential information about the client and did not participate in the representation,” she said.”

But you know who DID lie about Muellers purported conflicts? Your boy Trump. Repeatedly. And relentlessly. I mean, I’m GLAD that you find “lying about conflicts of interest” to be a disqualifying event. So I look forward to your abandonment of your support of Trump.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh...do go on.

Maybe you would like to pay attention to the actual questions, answers, and the subject matter of the article? The article discussed a conflict waiver...based on the fact that Mueller’s former firm (not Mueller) represented....Trump associates. Mueller was asked whether HE had any conflicts (not pursuant to the Rules of Disciplinary procedure or any other specific mechanism, but whether he personally had any). Maybe you would like to read what the DOJ position on the matter is:

“Justice Department spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores noted that Mueller himself was not involved in representing Kushner, Manafort or Ivanka Trump. “Mr. Mueller is permitted to participate in matters involving his former firm’s clients so long as he has no confidential information about the client and did not participate in the representation,” she said.”

But you know who DID lie about Muellers purported conflicts? Your boy Trump. Repeatedly. And relentlessly. I mean, I’m GLAD that you find “lying about conflicts of interest” to be a disqualifying event. So I look forward to your abandonment of your support of Trump.

It seems really cutand dry.

The Justice Department is refusing to reveal details of the process that led up to former FBI Director Robert Mueller being granted an ethics waiver to serve as special counsel investigating the Trump campaign's alleged collusion with Russia during the 2016 presidential election.

In response to a POLITICO Freedom of Information Act request, the agency released a one-sentence memo Friday confirming that Mueller was granted a conflict-of-interest waiver in order to assume the politically sensitive post.

You are unhinged. Take a chill pill. I'm not defending Trump.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

6 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I'm not defending Trump.

Right.  You're just parroting the far right party line.  Ironically, in this case, you're trying to discredit THE GUY WHO DIDN'T CONCLUDE CONSPIRACY AND PUNTED ON OBSTRUCTION.

For fuck's sake, y'all are just remarkably stupid.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Thetexashammer said:

You are unhinged. 

This is a textbook example of the pot calling the silverware black. It’s in your best interest to severely rehabilitate your position because at this point, it’s clear that you know less about your own side of the argument than the rest of us know about both sides of it.

I dont get why anyone here wants to argue with disingenuous retards. It's cut and fucking dry. The president is a proven criminal who committed crimes to get elected and has repeatedly violated the Constitution for 2 1/2 years straight as president. There's nothing to even question. It's fact. What is also fact is the USA government refuses to adhere to the constitutional framework it is supposed to be bound by so what we have here is now the most well resourced banana republic on the planet. There's nothing to even argue about anymore. 

Some people will troll just to troll but even the most delusional of idiots knows deep down and just chooses to side with corruption. 

• Like 5

The inability for these mouthbreathers to connect any dots is amazing. 

WEBSITE SAID MAN BAD SO MAN BAD is literally the entirety of their critical thinking skills. 

Unless you desperately want to see some kind of secret scandal, there is nothing about that article that is anything more than innocuous administrative process shit. 

And I think some people here probably need this clarified for them - - because they're idiots - - but an "ethics waiver" doesn't mean the individual is waived from ethical behavior. 

I listened to a right-wing talk radio show last night during a late drive last night from fort worth to austin.  Apparently when Comey was FBI director, he placed two spies in the white house. It wasn't clear how Comey did this or what the spies were doing. This is apparently a huge deal but no one explained why. The talk show host indicated he filed three FOIA requests yesterday to get to the bottom of it; however, we are going to have to wait since the FOIA process takes a really long time because the deep state always fights back. The whole thing left me with a funny and sad feeling.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TornACL said:

The inability for these mouthbreathers to connect any dots is amazing. 

WEBSITE SAID MAN BAD SO MAN BAD is literally the entirety of their critical thinking skills. 

Unless you desperately want to see some kind of secret scandal, there is nothing about that article that is anything more than innocuous administrative process shit. 

And I think some people here probably need this clarified for them - - because they're idiots - - but an "ethics waiver" doesn't mean the individual is waived from ethical behavior. 

yeah, the gist of the article was "he probably didn't even need a waiver, but got one anyway, just to make it clear he wasn't going to tolerate any funny business."

and that notion essentially came from a former gop employee.  also trump keeps hammering that mueller is "conflicted" because he wanted the fbi job - something that his own former strategist confirmed was false under oath (something trump avoided ever doing).

it's just funny that fearless leader claimed total exoneration, yet that side continues to try and discredit the investigator.  pick a fucking side, fellas.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, Asithappens said:

The people need to act. We have all the information we need to fix this. Sady, the evangelica/deplorables refuse to act. Fuck them.

Actually the people that CAN actually do something are the elected officials (especially those on the left) and for whatever reason they refuse to do so. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Actually the people that CAN actually do something are the elected officials (especially those on the left) and for whatever reason they refuse to do so. 

Those lazy lefties just need to remove criminal potus with a 2/3 vote in the senate 

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

Those lazy lefties just need to remove criminal potus with a 2/3 vote in the senate 

yeah, I get that but tough shit. It's like not wanting to play a game because the other team is better than you. It's why the game is fucking played. If you don't it's a loser mentality and you have nobody to blame but yourself. 

• Like 1

This brings the Mueller testimony into sharp focus:

Mueller Moments You Might Have Missed

Headers backed up by testimony and interaction:

-Mueller thinks Trump’s boosting of Wikileaks is a big problem

-Mueller suggests a campaign’s boosting of Wikileaks’ stolen material is sufficient basis to initiate an investigation

-Mueller says the FBI is still conducting counterintelligence investigations on Trump’s inner circle 

-Mueller didn’t look at Trump’s potential money laundering

-Mueller apparently leaves the door open that Manafort met with Assange

-Collusion-friendly Trump campaign

-Mueller: You tell the FBI if a foreign government is offering assistance

-Mueller asked to expand his mandate

-Mueller suggests Trump has not been truthful

-A stunning tale of obstruction

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

yeah, I get that but tough shit. It's like not wanting to play a game because the other team is better than you. It's why the game is fucking played. If you don't it's a loser mentality and you have nobody to blame but yourself. 

You don’t get that, or you wouldn’t have made that comment.

It isn’t clear you understand what the game actually is.  What is this game you speak of?

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

You don’t get that, or you wouldn’t have made that comment.

It isn’t clear you understand what the game actually is.  What is this game you speak of?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

ie- complaining about Trump. 

I don't give a shit that they don't have 2/3 of the vote. Do the job you were elected to do or quit bitching about it. The GOP didn't have the votes when the tried to impeach Clinton but guess what they did. That's my point get them on record. 

• Like 2

Just now, JimmyHoffa said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

ie- complaining about Trump. 

I don't give a shit that they don't have 2/3 of the vote. Do the job you were elected to do or quit bitching about it. The GOP didn't have the votes when the tried to impeach Clinton but guess what they did. That's my point get them on record. 

So your understanding of “winning” the game is impeaching criminal potus in the house and then watch senate not remove. 

That isn't the game. 

The game is removing criminal potus from office as fast as possible. 

The fastest way to remove criminal potus is by him losing the 2020 election, removal by the electorate.

Everything needs to be conducted and timed in a manner to maximize the potential that criminal potus loses the election.

Understand the game

22 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

This brings the Mueller testimony into sharp focus:

Mueller Moments You Might Have Missed

Headers backed up by testimony and interaction:

-Mueller thinks Trump’s boosting of Wikileaks is a big problem

-Mueller suggests a campaign’s boosting of Wikileaks’ stolen material is sufficient basis to initiate an investigation

-Mueller says the FBI is still conducting counterintelligence investigations on Trump’s inner circle 

-Mueller didn’t look at Trump’s potential money laundering

-Mueller apparently leaves the door open that Manafort met with Assange

-Collusion-friendly Trump campaign

-Mueller: You tell the FBI if a foreign government is offering assistance

-Mueller asked to expand his mandate

-Mueller suggests Trump has not been truthful

-A stunning tale of obstruction

Yea, but Mueller didn't have a lot of oomph during the hearings. His voice was, at times, shaky. There were no new revelations. GOPs declared it a shattering defeat for the Dems.

You're forgetting all of that important stuff just to list a couple of facts.

10 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

So your understanding of “winning” the game is impeaching criminal potus in the house and then watch senate not remove. 

That isn't the game. 

The fastest way to remove criminal potus is by him losing the 2020 election, removal by the electorate.

Everything needs to be conducted and timed in a manner to maximize the potential that criminal potus loses the election.

Understand the game

We're getting killed in this game, my friend. We line up to kick the ball, and a sniper in the press box takes out the kicker.

The ref throws a flag, and the other team shouts him down while refusing to allow the yardage to be stepped off.

We decide to play it safe for the rest of the half because we have a plan to win in the second half.

We come out in the second half, and a massive pit has been dug in the middle of the field and filled with alligators.

The most vocal and active part of the crowd is loving it while we look at each with WTF looks.

In the first half we should have run the crazy impeachment play. Maybe it won't work. Probably it won't work to win the game, but we don't just keep standing around with our thumbs up our asses.

Impeach. Who knows what will happen? It can't be worse. If America decides they want a pustule as president after an impeachment, then power to the sub-human people.

Act now, not later. Nothing is going the way it should. Waiting won't go the way it should, either.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

That isn't the game. 

Understand the game

I don't disagree with all of this, but there is a reasonable argument that part of the game is getting McConnell out of his position as Senate Majority Leader.  I'm not sure that it would work, but if you could put a handful of senators in 2020 battleground states in a position that they have to go on record as supporting the traitor in the White House, maybe the Dems could regain control of the Senate.  Ultimately, I suspect that McConnell would let some of the R senators vote to remove if it was critical for their election prospects since all he needs is 34 senators to block, but I think there could be some value for making a strong case for removal in the Senate and making the Rs own their treachery.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We're getting killed in this game, my friend. We line up to kick the ball, and a sniper in the press box takes out the kicker.

The ref throws a flag, and the other team shouts him down while refusing to allow the yardage to be stepped off.

We decide to play it safe for the rest of the half because we have a plan to win in the second half.

We come out in the second half, and a massive pit has been dug in the middle of the field and filled with alligators.

The most vocal and active part of the crowd is loving it while we look at each with WTF looks.

In the first half we should have run the crazy impeachment play. Maybe it won't work. Probably it won't work to win the game, but we don't just keep standing around with our thumbs up our asses.

Impeach. Who knows what will happen? It can't be worse. If America decides they want a pustule as president after an impeachment, then power to the sub-human people.

Act now, not later. Nothing is going the way it should. Waiting won't go the way it should, either.

a couple pages back, i described how i thought the post-hearing presser should've gone.

once they went a different way with it, i declared it a waste and moved on.