Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

42 minutes ago, Footballpants said:

Hey DeShon, next time you think about bashing a coaching staff that helped you more than double your production in one year, and helped move you from a fair-to-middling Safety to a 6th round draft pick, think of something else...

DeShon turned into a really good player at the end, but all of the guys who left early with exception of C Williams never seemed to fully buy in to what Herman was asking them even though he turned them all into beasts in one year. Even Malik seemed to want to hit the first boat out of town, even if it landed him in Cincinnati as a late 3rd round pick instead of becoming a potential first rounder this year. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

DeShon turned into a really good player at the end, but all of the guys who left early with exception of C Williams never seemed to fully buy in to what Herman was asking them even though he turned them all into beasts in one year.

I would replace Connor Williams with Michael Dickson in that statement.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I would replace Connor Williams with Michael Dickson in that statement.

Dickson wasn't a case of wanting to get out of town, there was literally nothing else for him to accomplish. The dude was a once in a lifetime punter. Williams could have easily come back this season and probably should have, but I am glad he ended up a Cowboy so hard to fault the guy. 

Edited by Vertigo

Just now, Vertigo said:

Dickson wasn't a case of wanting to get out of town, there was literally nothing else for him to accomplish. The dude was a once in a lifetime punter. 

I know. So Dickson is the one early entrant who seemed to buy in to Herman's culture, not Connor. Especially after seeing Connor's support for DeShon on Twitter.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Dickson wasn't a case of wanting to get out of town, there was literally nothing else for him to accomplish. The dude was a once in a lifetime punter. Williams could have easily come back this season and probably should have, but I am glad he ended up a Cowboy so hard to fault the guy. 

I think Williams also made the right decision. He could have gone much higher next year, but he also could have totally tanked his stock if he got injured again. To me the safe play is the right play with that much money on the line. Outside of those two, all the rest would have benefitted from an extra year.