Texas Summer Football Thread

Reese Bennett

5 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I’m glad you posted this. I remember thinking last year, after the rare touchdown, when the person that scored would turn his back to a guy that was running up to celebrate with him and thinking there was some bad blood 

Touchdowns have been rare so they’re not sure how to act yet.

28 minutes ago, TexasTroll said:

That’s some dark ( sausage) meat!!!

Meh I'd tear it up... Brisket looked like it may have been a little dry, not sure what kinda chicken that is but it doesn't look grilled and idk when fajita became part of a BBQ but I would've got down on it. All in all a pretty good spread tho. 

• Like 1

Meh I'd tear it up... Brisket looked like it may have been a little dry, not sure what kinda chicken that is but it doesn't look grilled and idk when fajita became part of a BBQ but I would've got down on it. All in all a pretty good spread tho. 
Can't compare to Terry Price's catering by Kroger, but I'll give it a 3.5 out of 5.

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I don't think fajitas are on the menu.  No tortillas or fixing.   I would say sausage, some sort of honey bbq chicken, brisket and pork loin. 

44 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, TreatyOak said:
We make the best BBQ in the world and serve it with the worst bread in the world. Never understood that. 

Anyone who actually eats the bread (even quality stuff) is doing it wrong..

This right here. I love good bread, but no way in Hell am I letting it take up stomach space that properly belongs to brisket, ribs, and sausage.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ousux said:
7 hours ago, kopp0e said:
That shot just about covers what's needed on a Saturday football bingefest...

No giant metal tub with a few cases of iced down Texas brews, and the pouring/mixing station must be elsehwere.

Given it's a party for a bunch of kids who can't drink (at least around the coaches), I'd say they've done what they can.