UT vs. ISU kick set

Al_4_ISU

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Who else is gonna be drunk by noon?  Looking forward cutting loose for this one.  I'm sure I'll be pissed off by the end, but it's going to be fun regardless.

Hung Over FO-SHO when it starts...

Need a larger image... 😋  

EmpD_eGUYAEaPc1?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by LTtxfan

9 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

There's an outcome that involves both parties happy.

I think we absolutely can (maybe should) win this game, but I never feel good about playing you guys under Herman.  A lot of our success comes from teams not taking us seriously, and Herman helped architect enough of those ISU upsets that he doesn't take us lightly.

It really should be a hell of a game with a strength on strength in our D vs. your O.  Of course, this all assumes that all the starters are playing.

33 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think we absolutely can (maybe should) win this game, but I never feel good about playing you guys under Herman.  A lot of our success comes from teams not taking us seriously, and Herman helped architect enough of those ISU upsets that he doesn't take us lightly.

I don't know whether he takes you lightly or not, but he had no cohesive gameplan against you last year.

It was like:

a. he watched no film

b. he and his staff were completely incapable of making adjustments

I was at the game. It was like watching a game in the Twilight Zone. Not a commentary on Ames or the stadium, but on the pile of shit we shoveled onto the field that day.

45 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I don't know whether he takes you lightly or not, but he had no cohesive gameplan against you last year.

It was like:

a. he watched no film

b. he and his staff were completely incapable of making adjustments

I was at the game. It was like watching a game in the Twilight Zone. Not a commentary on Ames or the stadium, but on the pile of shit we shoveled onto the field that day.

See, it seemed to me like you he adjusted pretty well.

My recollection of the game was we absolutely shoved our foot up your ass in the first quarter.  Then we got really conservative, and you guys shredded us to end the first half.  We hit the big play right out the gate in the 2nd half, and really you guys dominated most of the 2nd half until we got that 3 and out late in the game and got the ball back.

If not for the guy jumping on the first 40 yard FG attempt, I'm sure either our kicker would have shanked it, or we'd have quit pressuring Ehlinger and you'd have driven down for the game winner.

I would agree with the "no film" assertion, but it definitely seems like adjustments were made.

I figured this would happen, but was hoping it wouldn't be announced so soon.  Just gives Herman an extra 4 days to work on excuses about why the early kick-off favored the out-of-town team who had to travel here on a holiday weekend with massive Covid-19 protocols the morning after a major holiday.  And of course the early kick-off will inhibit our home crowd from being a factor in helping our team to victory even though the size of the crowd is legally fucking mandated by public health officials.  

The fucking Covid-19 Hoaxers and Tom Herman fucking deserve one another.  But at least the inevitable loss to ISU gets us closer to a decent coach.  

Edited by Lobo

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

It really should be a hell of a game with a strength on strength in our D vs. your O.  Of course, this all assumes that all the starters are playing.

Do you watch our games? Our offense is the most shitty part of the team.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Your offense didn’t surrender 56 points to Tech

Our defense is actually progressing and looks nothing like it did early in the year.  Our offense, on the other hand, is the football equivalent of the Shaka Smart system of passing it around the arc for 25 seconds then jacking up a contested 3.

• Hook 'Em 1

Our defense is actually progressing and looks nothing like it did early in the year.  Our offense, on the other hand, is the football equivalent of the Shaka Smart system of passing it around the arc for 25 seconds then jacking up a contested 3.

Sometimes it goes in

I haven’t actually sat down and watched a Texas game (I farm and have worked every Saturday this season so I listen to games). I’m aware of the results and have seen the highlights from probably all of your conference games.

I know you forced quite a few turnovers in the OK State win and in Red River as well. From that perspective it looks like a defense that can give up yards, but has a nose for the ball, and I only see the big offensive plays and none of the struggle in the interim.

29 minutes ago, n64ra said:

How pathetic that we are playing 11am on T+1, and we don't have a rival worth scheduling that day.

All scheduling got thrown into chaos when it very much appeared this pandemic wasn't going away.  Shit, I think we were originally supposed to play at Oklahoma State that weekend on EITHER Friday or Saturday, depending on TV.  That we're even having live games still is 2 parts miracle and 2 parts fucking insane.  I just hope we squeeze in the @KSU game on 5 December so we can lose it and Herman can be shitcanned.  At the current rate of spread among stupid fucking Southern Americans...bowl game season ain't happening so enjoy every quarter between now and early December.  If there's a vaccine for Herman's bullshit grift, lemme know. 

19 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Our O sucks now.

35 minutes ago, n64ra said:

How pathetic that we are playing 11am on T+1, and we don't have a rival worth scheduling that day.

Its a TV rating and butts in seats thing.

Without the draw of Aggie most neutrals would rather watch NFL than a mediocre TX VS Tech game and some (but enough) local fans wouldn't want to upend Thanksgiving for that game either