Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

You don’t get to ask that question. Trolls don’t get to control the narrative. Fuck off.

Your emotional response belies your lack of confidence in the man. He’s not going to make it long. And that’s ok. He beat Trump which is what was asked of him. The real fun starts when he steps aside. 

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Oh, here comes Dr. GR Horn, again.  Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

I laughed. 

Would you like some of that action? No takers yet. 

Just head the Daily Podcast on the Child Tax Credit (monthly payments for each child).  The spun it as pretty damn radical for the US.  I haven't read all the nuances but did seem like a hard and simple change in approach.  I kind of went from wow, to, well, that does make sense.

And I'm a guy who has always favored taxing people a lot more FOR having kids. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

@GRHorn, if you're not a troll you're an idiot.  There is no master plan for Biden to step aside at any time, letting Commiela Harris take over.

I would never bet on any 78-year-old man to make it 4 years, but if he doesn't, it won't likely be for mental health reasons.  Listening to Tucker & Buck and the boys is really bad for your perspective, but carry on.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

@GRHorn, if you're not a troll you're an idiot.  There is no master plan for Biden to step aside at any time, letting Commiela Harris take over.

I would never bet on any 78-year-old man to make it 4 years, but if he doesn't, it won't likely be for mental health reasons.  Listening to Tucker & Buck and the boys is really bad for your perspective, but carry on.

I never said it was a master plan.

It’s a good backup plan though. 

I’m sure everyone in those top level meetings has the same thoughts. If he has the same issues all day that he does during his brief public appearances then it will become inevitable. I suspect it will escalate. This isn’t the campaign where you can take a week off to prepare for a 2hour test like a televised debate. Every day is a test. 

20 hours ago, ndawg said:

Right, because we're down to the wire. We have one chance to save the country. If the GOP regains power, we're done. The Democrats need to stop rationing their fuel (political power) and burn it all, hoping it's enough to break free from the event horizon. Not because that's a good strategy in general, but because it's what the circumstances call for. We need a hail mary or we're done.

This.  They need to pass HR-1 quickly.  And the margin in the Senate is too narrow.  If they delay a few months, what happens if, say, Leahy gets sick and is replaced by the GQP governor of VT?  

I never said it was a master plan.

It’s a good backup plan though. 

I’m sure everyone in those top level meetings has the same thoughts. If he has the same issues all day that he does during his brief public appearances then it will become inevitable. I suspect it will escalate. This isn’t the campaign where you can take a week off to prepare for a 2hour test like a televised debate. Every day is a test. 

lol how do you write this shit with a straight face

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

lol how do you write this shit with a straight face

Dude. DUDE.

I hate to admit this, but for the last month or so, I've gotten gmr548 and GRHorn confused. I'd read something from gmr548 and think "man, that's a dumb and weird take-- and I thought he was kinda weird and liberal" 

Then I'd read your scathing and horribly irrational lashing out and insults to me and my reasonable and interesting content (joking dude, calm down), but seriously I'd think, "man, I thought this guy was a liberal but then wasn't he a Qanon guy last week and now he's a liberal again"?

Having y'all respond back to back just unlocked this all for me.

I think there is a similar confusion with two posters, opposite politically, with Hobbs or Hobbes in their names.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Shiiit. He probably accomplishes that before lunch each day. 

But seriously, how long are posters here giving Biden in the top spot? One year? Two?

It must be mortifying for you that your guy lost to a dementia victim and that the dotty old man has approval numbers 20 to 30 points higher than your dude depending on which poll you’re looking at.

Look it doesn’t matter what Biden does the progressive left and the right wing treason caucus are gonna bitch about it no matter what. This will never stop. Ever.

Biden knows that what matters to the American people is what he delivers that they support. That’s all that matters. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Look it doesn’t matter what Biden does the progressive left and the right wing treason caucus are gonna bitch about it no matter what. This will never stop. Ever.

Biden knows that what matters to the American people is what he delivers that they support. That’s all that matters. 

What a novel school of thought.

Delivery what your constituents want.

How has no one thought of that before?

4 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Am I allowed to complain if I flipped out about both? Just trying to figure out the rules.

At least that's consistent.  Outside of nominal bloat, I thought most of the stimulus was warranted, including this latest round.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

At least that's consistent.  Outside of nominal bloat, I thought most of the stimulus was warranted, including this latest round.

Trump passed a tax cut we didn’t need to curry favor with his cronies and his dumb supporters who think they will be rich one day, and Biden is throwing money out of helicopters to people who already have jobs to buy votes and make the unions happy. 

But hey who cares, we mostly owe that debt to ourselves and we’ll never have to pay it anyway!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Trump passed a tax cut we didn’t need to curry favor with his cronies and his dumb supporters who think they will be rich one day, and Biden is throwing money out of helicopters to people who already have jobs to buy votes and make the unions happy. 

But hey who cares, we mostly owe that debt to ourselves and we’ll never have to pay it anyway!

If we can get inflation going, it really doesn't fucking matter.

When Subway is running $5,000 footlong promos, $4Trillion doesn't have the same bite.

I just hope I'm also making 1,000 X what I'm making now to offset.

[Narrorator: DNAguy did not make that much, however....]

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Is $46B nominal bloat? Because that much for testing at this point in the pandemic is just burning up money. Classic example of government running behind what’s actually happening. 

10 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Is $46B nominal bloat? Because that much for testing at this point in the pandemic is just burning up money. Classic example of government running behind what’s actually happening. 

Of course it's "nominal" bloat.  It's 2.4%.  You didn't give a flying fuck about 100% of $4T but now you're counting?

Just go away.

• Hook 'Em 3

What a novel school of thought.
Delivery what your constituents want.
How has no one thought of that before?

Being a white male octogenarian helps too. No matter how hard the right wing media tries, the base will never have Obama or Hillary levels vitriol for Biden. You can see it with the right wingers here. The best they can muster is "he's old lol". They're just going through the motions half heartedly.

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Of course it's "nominal" bloat.  It's 2.4%.  You didn't give a flying fuck about 100% of $4T but now you're counting?

Just go away.

Devoting that much resource wise to testing at this point is a waste plain and simple. You’re fighting the pandemic from 9 months ago. Just incompetence. It’s not even the money. I don’t really give a shit. The US Govt’s spending has been out of control and it will stay that way until corrected by outside forces. 

3 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Devoting that much resource wise to testing at this point is a waste plain and simple. You’re fighting the pandemic from 9 months ago. Just incompetence. It’s not even the money. I don’t really give a shit. The US Govt’s spending has been out of control and it will stay that way until corrected by outside forces. 

Let the court be advised that you gave not one flying fuck about the Trump administration's debt explosion in years 1-3.  Stop trolling.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Being a white male octogenarian helps too. No matter how hard the right wing media tries, the base will never have Obama or Hillary levels vitriol for Biden. You can see it with the right wingers here. The best they can muster is "he's old lol". They're just going through the motions half heartedly.

It’s because Biden is kinda cool. Not as cool as LBJ or Slick Willy (my personal favorite D President), but Sleepy Joe ain’t that bad. I dare say I rather like him.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Let the court be advised that you gave not one flying fuck about the Trump administration's debt explosion in years 1-3.  Stop trolling.

Again where did I say I cared here from a monetary standpoint? If they’re going to spend that money might as well divert it to something useful. It’s just a stupid place to throw money now.

There’s nothing partisan about what I’m saying here. You’re arguing with me because you have a lizard brain that sees my name and disagrees with my post. Try to expand your mind a bit. 

29 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

As a supposed "doctor," you spent the 9 months of Trump's presidency defending his incompetent response to the pandemic and, therefore, your judgment regarding anything related to the pandemic response going forward should be ignored entirely.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Again where did I say I cared here from a monetary standpoint? If they’re going to spend that money might as well divert it to something useful. It’s just a stupid place to throw money now.

There’s nothing partisan about what I’m saying here. You’re arguing with me because you have a lizard brain that sees my name and disagrees with my post. Try to expand your mind a bit. 

So as I understand it (simplistic level, not claiming an expert at all). But the Stimulus bill addresses: stimulus check for most Americans, continued boost to unemployment insurance, child tax credits, funding for k-12 education, healthcare access, testing and shoring up other Covid-19 related work, and help for local government. (Some of that money sure is going to come in handy for our ERCOT/PUC mess.) 

Help me understand please—is it that you disagree with these areas bill is focused on or the amount set side for each area? What is it missing? Would have added some but removed others? No right/wrong answer, I want to understand especially if it’s not from a monetary standpoint. 

To 60% of us he looks like our cool rich old grandpa. It's an advantage.

Also, no vagina and not black so the tried and true dog whistles from the Fox News crowd won’t get any traction.

Notice the difference between the bullshittery hurled at VP Harris.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Republicans when they get to sexism and racism:

Republicans when they don't:

8 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I'm not even convinced there is no value in continued testing, but I'm sure you have a hot take on the matter.  Covid mortality rate is just now falling below ~ Christmas 2020 levels.  It's still higher than it was at any time between early June and Christmas.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Comparing to exit polling:

NOV 2020 - MARCH 2021

Democrats 94 - 92
Liberals 89-86
Non-white 71-69
College grads 55-61
Moderates 64-60
White college grads 51-59
Women 57-57
Popular vote 51.3 - 51
Independents 54-48
Men 45-46
White 41-43
Non-college white 32-32
Conservative 14-18
Republicans 6-8
Voters 45+  48 (averaged)-49

So MOE differences mostly,  but he is doing better with both college grads and white college grads (yay, they vote in midterms!) and a little worse with independents.  But he's not losing much support/ground yet. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1