Joe Biden 2021

tantric superman

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

1) Not sure how these would keep him "accountable"
2) They're not doing news conferences because Biden is ancient and sundowning and absolutely could not hold it together during an intense, long press conference

Having lived through that hell, and noting the time of day and hearing Biden speak, you are mistaken.

• Hook 'Em 2

so my adult step-daughter in PA is about as non-political as you can get...as in, she gets pissed off when ANYthing related to politics ruins her viewing of the Kardashians or Grey's Anatomy...

having said that, she lost her grandmother (my husband's ex-MIL) in January to covid, caught it and was dead in 4 days, none of them got to even see her and say goodbye. 

she just shared this and made me cry: "I’m not a big political person, went to watch my shows tonight and got interrupted for the president addressing the nation, the beginning of his speech hit real close to home . Losing my grandma to this pandemic rocked me to my core. The loss people are going thru with their loved ones and not being able to be by their sides is beyond heartbreaking to me. I was blessed to be able to be given the chance to say goodbye to her. Grieving everyday!"

fucking EMPATHY in our leaders means something. it means a lot

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I wonder if there’s a appeal process of sorts? I’m now single and will qualify but all the tax records they’re using are from when I was married and filing jointly and we made too much money with my ex’s income.

That is a good question for a tax guy. In my case, for the first check, I didn't qualify based on the information they had from my 2018 taxes because my income included a house I sold. So I was told to quickly file my 2019 taxes so they could see that I qualified, and it took a bit longer but I got that check. Maybe the same sort of thing applies to you? Maybe you can file your 2020 taxes as single and you will get the check.

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I remember way back in 8th grade American history of how the presidency made a man grow into the position. We now know this is not always the case. 

This time around though I think it applies. Uncle Joe has done more in 50 days than I ever thought possible.

To be honest, I am not surprised at all.  He is competent and experienced.  Something we had a chance to elect with Hillary.   Don't let Bush/Trump or the republicans convince us that the government is as incompetent as they run it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Nivek said:

To be honest, I am not surprised at all.  He is competent and experienced.  Something we had a chance to elect with Hillary.   Don't let Bush/Trump or the republicans convince us that the government is as incompetent as they run it.  

43 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump’s incompetence was impressive 

It's a cold drink of water when you're parched.

It was a long four years. W was bad. But, nothing like that orange buffoon. I didn't start voting for Democrats last year. I have no illusions that they are paragons of virtue. These are human beings with all the foibles, failings, and faults that implies.

But, they are interested in something besides filling their own bellies. The common good is in vogue again. Substance over style. Quietly competent DS Plod to quote Frost is having a time. 

Uncle Joe has work to do. The press is going to have to ask Psaki. Go harass the non-existent GOP pressers. Go ask Cruz, Hawley et al.

In sum. Deal with it. The man is kinda busy. This ain't bout you. Well, it is. Because you scribes must also get the needle. But, drag the man out here? 

Yeah, he's busy working.

It's refreshing.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mchookem said:

EMPATHY in our leaders means something. it means a lot

Treating human beings with respect and dignity shows a great deal about who someone is. He said he would be the president of all Americans and he has stuck to that. His ability to show empathy is probably the best trait he has as a person and leader. Also it is his ability to identify so readily with tragedy that is endearing to people. Our society needs much more empathy and positivity and less misplaced anger and outrage. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Fake scandal version 12, because I guess “press conferences” didn’t work

Remember when Trump kept going golfing in Virginia and to Florida and holding massive rallies during the height of the pandemic?  The media doesn’t remember either.

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Fake scandal version 12, because I guess “press conferences” didn’t work

Remember when Trump kept going golfing in Virginia and to Florida and holding massive rallies during the height of the pandemic?  The media doesn’t remember either.

That's fucking bad AP.

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Hmmmmm, the choice between a president who is keenly aware of ratings and money versus a president who is keenly aware of the cost of human lives and doesn't give a rat's ass about ratings......sorry media, maybe you can try looking for wholesome news stories about all the good things people and animals do in the world. Believe it or not, those are click worthy!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The Biden recovery. Democrats have to own the hell out of this. 

This type of economic outlook + vaccines and schools re-opening + money in pockets = no 2010 style GOP wave 

One can hope.  I for one am skeptical, because the social issues du jour of the day will be blasted nonstop combined with traditional Democratic turnout during midterms = uncertainty.

One advantage to now vs the 2010 midterms:  the Tea Party shit started up in mid-February 2009.  In 2021, Team R is so disorganized and functionally fucked they can't even mount a cogent response to $1.9 trillion, other than to vote no.  If the Democratic Party can get through this calendar year without some kind of astroturf movement  full of soundbites against them that is overwhelming the message they want to spread, then the future will look a little brighter for November 2022.